User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New MPS6 owner in Perth

Default New MPS6 owner in Perth

G'day people..
    Thought I'd drop in and say hi.. Have been lurking a bit prior to purchasing my new car, and seems to be a good resource of info here.. So thought I'd post up a few pics of the new land barge for all to see..

Completely stock '05 model

On the list of things to do (in some sort of order)

-Debadge the arse
    -Badge-less front grille (Thinking auto-exe carbon grille)
    -AEM intake ex USA ($250-odd, looks like decent quality)
    -rear sway bar, rear boot brace, nolathane bushes throughout
    -Cusco/Tein coilovers
    -BBS meshies

I've got some Jap trinkets coming for it too - got the Cactaur and a Domu-kun for it at the moment, but it'll become a dirty jdm cruiser soon...

Anyway, hope to catch up to the occasional cruise when I have half a moment to scratch myself.. But till then, G'day, and hope to get a decent education in Mazdas while I'm here (I'm a Nissan convert..)

Cheers!

Aaron

Wow so many new WA members lately.
    Welcome, looking forward to meeting you on the next cruise.

Hi Aaron.

Welcome to the happy family of WA MPS6 owners.
    Is that Chris' old car by any chance?
    Or the one the was for sale in Brigadoon?
    Or maybe the pearler that John Hughes had about 6 months ago?

There have been some beauties available recently, so I'm sure you've got a real gem.

I just de-badged the front of mine today (thanks Nuliaj for the C.F. grille!!) and it looks the business.
    I'm not sure about de-badging the rear. I want to make it more subtle, but not bare...maybe some strategically placed vinyl tape for me.
    It looks like you've been doing a lot of homework amidst your lurking, so please come and show us the results of your diligent study at our next cruise.

Take care,

Pete.
    Last edited by guitar69; 12-03-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: crap spelling

This looks familiar from AL...

Another person with impeccable taste. Welcome.

Sounds like we need another cruise already.

Cheers for the comments guys Definately keen to go on a few cruises.
    Yeah dmwill, I'm a bit of a forum whore...
    Guitar69, this one was the one that's been at Honda North in Osb. Park for a few weeks. It was first rego'd in 2007, so it sat in a showroom for a while, but the previous owner serviced it every 5-10,000kms, full log book and apparently nothing that's gone wrong with it..

Hey mate!

Stoked to see another WA cruiser around,

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Cheers for the comments guys Definately keen to go on a few cruises.
    Yeah dmwill, I'm a bit of a forum whore...
    Guitar69, this one was the one that's been at Honda North in Osb. Park for a few weeks. It was first rego'd in 2007, so it sat in a showroom for a while, but the previous owner serviced it every 5-10,000kms, full log book and apparently nothing that's gone wrong with it..
    Hi Aaron.

I saw that one in the paper recently.
    Low k's, great price.
    It was originally advertised as an auto, I think??

Top score Aaron.

ENJOY.

KMH001- bring it on!!
    Recce to Albany via Nannup?

Hey Aaron and welcome to ozMPS!

Great to see another VR 6MPS. I've been missing Chris' since he sold it. Such a stunning colour! Mods sound good, but by the sound of it looks like it may end up looking just like Chris' as he had similar mods! Yeah definitely catch up with us for a cruise sometime! Let the modding begin aye! Welcome to the land of MPS6 owners, WA has huge support for the 6!

Chris' car before he sold it, give you some idea on what it could look like...

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Ah well seems like this Chris bloke has good taste :-P

Question about the car however, with the 'remaining fuel' indicator on the dash, it seems to show like 60kms left when I'm at quater of a tank - Does this reach 0 when it hits its reserve? And how much does it hold at the bottom of the tank once its at the E?
    Not that I'm a stingy prick, it'd just be nice to know how many k's it has if I'm stuck on a long trip...

I've pondered that question myself.

So far I'm up to 40km's past E, so that's pretty much as far as I know. But I've read on a few external forums that when you pass the E mark you're running on 3 gallons which is approximately 10/11 litres. Given your driving style you could be anywhere between 80-110km's before your pad coughs it's last breath.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, it's only from what I've read. (Also based off a standard 6)

For more info:

Yellow light on dash beside gas gauge - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum

Hope that helps a bit.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Welcome Aaron,

Not my car the front plate is mounted too low, I drilled new holes in the plate and mounted if flush with the bracket!

Congrats on your purchase, I had 4 years of great memories in my 6, great colour you got there.

Hope to see you at the next cruise
    Cheers
    Chris

Hello and welcome to the forums

Does anyone know of, or have, a technical drawing of how the AWD system in these cars works? Specifically, how the transfer case/ rear diff/ (and from what I've read, rear clutch?) works...

Discovered that I can make like a crab, and make it go sideways... Want to know exactly how the rear assembly works before I take this research further...

Try this very poorly made video to see whats actually happening at the rear diff:

Cheers for the video! Horrible font, but good information!
    Would like to see that technical cross-section image on its own though.

Bit of an update (albet useless without pics).. Am picking up a set of Evo/Galant 4 pot brembos this weekend. You'll all spew if I ever reveal how much for (But think, s.f.a)...
    I've worked out the stud spacing for the brembos is 140mm, while the MPS has supposedly got the stock studs spaced 137mm apart.. Hoping Auto can modify the calipers for me when I get them (and get around to asking Adz n Tris)... But watch this space for a brake upgrade.

Back in about 2006 someone claimed the 6MPS was the seventh best braking car in the world in terms of published stopping distance - better than many of the european exotics. I don't know if that's true and I never bothered to check. But I do know the stock MPS brakes are incredibly good and in my view the best feature of the car. There have been big brake kits available for the 6MPS for years but they have never been popular because the stock brakes perform better.

Not trying to put a downer on your project, just letting you in on some of the collective experience, particularly from guys who have proved on the track that the stock brakes are brilliant and can't really be improved. The brembos will certainly look better though.

Gone to Volvo

I've heard people on other forums say that... However I refuse to believe that a single piston caliper will out-perform a four-pot system with a larger braking surface. But at the end of the day, these brakes are costing me less than a set of pads, so I'll see how it goes I'm just wondering if they'll fit under the stock rims, or maybe a new set of wheels is going to be on the near horizon...

When you get it done we should do a side by side comparrison.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    When you get it done we should do a side by side comparrison.
    I'm curious to know what my bike can do compared to the MPS. I know the CBR is capable of around 5m or less at 50kmph.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast