User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SURE Motorsports rear engine mount

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    ordered one for myself, jase and mitch
    still cheaper than buying from MPSG
    Thanks for getting me one Sam

UPDATE:

well I'm probably into the 400-500 km since install stage. It's definitely bedding in well. vibes have lessened.

aircon on at idle has an ever so slight vibration. Take offs are much less rough, though that could be due to me adjusting driving style a bit to account for the new mount.

very happy with the way it's settling in now. Still feels a bit aggressive which i quite like.

I agree with Darkness, 1 week on and the vibes have really settled. I only get vibes as the aircon is starting up, when it's at operating speed (?) there are next to no vibes. On take off there are minimal vibes around 1k but thats it. I would recommend this mount to anyone!

I just fitted my street one and have been for a quick spin to see how it compares to the corksport inserts.

Clutch feel is a LOT more positive. not grabby, just smooth and much better defined.
    Shifts are smoother as a result.
    Some vibrations at idle with the aircon on, less than the inserts had at first. This will settle down but it is barely noticable to passengers, the main vibrations come up through the steering wheel.
    take offs are a lot smoother than the corksport inserts were, the inserts would shudder if i let revs drop below about 1200 on take offs, no such thing with this mount.

I think this mount feels a bit softer than I was expecting it to, yet still feels more positive and has just the right amount of give. It's softer yet is firmer where it matters. Top quality product indeed.

Here, have a video!
    YouTube - SURE Engine Mount Install

Is the SURE item worth the extra $$ over alternatives like the CorkSport inserts???
    Last edited by MUZZA; 15-06-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Reedy, I am not positive, but it looks like you used your torque wrench to undo the bolts. (Apologies if I am incorrect)

Definitely a big no no with a torque wrench!

Heh I didn't know that, but i'd cracked them with my breaker bar already. Boring stuff doesnt need to go on video =P

Hahaha. I am not having a dig, just thought i'd let you know.

All I know was my adapter plate bolts were SO TIGHT!!! I was actually wondering how you got them undone so easily in the vid haha

I had already taken it off once before when I installed the inserts. This time around they were even easier, except getting all the crusty loctite in my eyes when they came out.

Lol @ my post getting disliked...

Stoopid iPhail and big fingers!!
    Sorry Boost!

It took me bout 5 mins to loosen my bolts when i put in my Sure Street Spec REM..
    Have been enjoying it for over 2 months and then Mazda go and tighten the crap out of it yesterday at my 40k service Now it vibrates like a you know what!!

Oh well, i guess i gotta get under there and fix it myself..

No problems mate.

Trust Mazda to go and do that! lol

indeed, if you tighten the bolts too tight, it creates unwanted NVH. hence using a torque wrench is highly recommended.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123