User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SURE Motorsports rear engine mount

Default SURE Motorsports rear engine mount

well I decided to be the guinea pig for this one and went ahead and ordered it.
    I decided on the black with Track Urethane (which is blue, street is black)

What do I find today, a feature less grey box

Opened and it's like christmas! toys for me!
    Came with sticker for Sure and SU.
    The instructions state make sure the logo is facing towards passenger side (though I assume thats for the LHD models.)

Decent size and quite weighty (I have big hands ). It's a good looking unit (probably doesn't have to be but meh )

Can't wait to get it installed, then I'll do a decent review of it.
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Sweet! Does look good indeed. I've been keen on hearing from someone their thoughts on it! I just bought the CP-E mount when I learnt this was available. Let us know what you think and if there is much vibration

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Let us know what you think and if there is much vibration
    Will do. I'm expecting vibrations, as the urethane is really rigid. I don't think I'm feeling it deform any when I squeeze as hard as i can with my thumbs.

very interested to hear what it is like once installed!!!

how much?$

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    how much?$
    $135 US (without shipping) which will work out better for you guys than me.

I have been talking to SURE motorsports about these.

Very interested to see your results as I am going to buy one (Street version).

Out of curiousity, did you order from SURE directly, or the streetunit website?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Out of curiousity, did you order from SURE directly, or the streetunit website?

Thanks
    i ordered off streetunit as they had a cheaper shipping option (for one item, was going to order a shifter weight as well, but for some reason it doubled the shipping, which was dumb, it could have fit in the same box).

I used the 6-10 day option, and today was the 6th day, so pretty good IMHO.

Ok cool.

What payment method did you use?

credit card.

Ok. Only asking because I heard off another member that they would not accept Australian CC's.

Thanks for the info

On another note, does any have the torque settings for the bolts?

70 ft/lb mate, on all bolts.

Make sure you loctite them or they may loosen in time.

There is also a sequence that you should tighten the bolts in, apparently this helps to further reduce vibrations, I have posted it somewhere before.
    And the use of a torque wrench is critical, 3 grunts tight doesn't equal 70 ft/lb.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    There is also a sequence that you should tighten the bolts in, apparently this helps to further reduce vibrations, I have posted it somewhere before.
    And the use of a torque wrench is critical, 3 grunts tight doesn't equal 70 ft/lb.
    Yep, the Cpe instructions (which I have on hand) say:

"torque all bolts down to 70lb-ft starting with the center bushing bolt, then the aluminum bracket bolts, and finally the bolt that slides through both the mount and the aluminum bracket."

As the Cpe is essentially the same design as the Sure I'd say the instructions are directly transferrable to the Sure

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

16. Default

Ok. Only asking because I heard off another member that they would not accept Australian CC's.

Thanks for the info
    Hes from NZ has NZ credit cards if that makes a difference
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Brilliant thanks guys. Will of course be using a torque wrench.

I have confirmed with Street Unit, they will accept Australian credit card payments under $500 USD

I have confirmed with Street Unit, they will accept Australian credit card payments under $500 USD
    Awesome stuff!

I've been wanting to buy off from their site for a while now, but been too lazy to ask them my self :P
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast