User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SURE Motorsports rear engine mount

$45 shipping, bleh. Who wants to do a group buy? I want to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    $45 shipping, bleh. Who wants to do a group buy? I want to get one.
    you're not going to get it cheaper than ~$30 shipping
    get 2 people and it drops down to $170 each ($35 shipping)
    3 people is $166 each ($31 shipping)
    7 people is $162 each
    so it's not really worth it trying to organise more people than 2-3

CP-E from MPSG http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...ine-mount.html
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Ordered =) Will see how it goes next week.

With my extra power these days I think the factory mount/inserts days are numbered.

Wow 90 durometer. Hadn't seen that review or guide before. Will be interesting to see how it is. Girlfriend is probably gonna hate me.

In my original email to SURE, I asked them what duro the Street version was. This was their response.

"Our street grade urethane is for the street, and our track grade urethane is for track use and hardcore enthusiasts. The durometer, volume of urethane, and grade of urethane (or other material) are all directly related the transfer of NVH in to the cabin. We do not make our durometer public information because it is not a fair comparison without the additional information.

For example, lets say we have two 70 durometer bushings both with the same height and all we change is the width of each bushing:

Bushing #1 has an OD of 0.50"
    Bushing #2 has an OD of 4.00"

Bushing #1 will transfer more NVH in to the cabin because of the additional volume of urethane in Bushing #2. Bushing #1 will yield a more rigid performance and transfer more NVH. Now toss the type of material into the equation and results are all over the board.

We use virgin urethane, which means no additives, in all of our mounts. Additives or lesser grade urethanes typically make the urethane less expensive and shorten the life of the bushing, something we are not interested in. After numerous variables, our testing resulted in Street Grade and Track Grade urethane options specific to each application. Amongst all of our Torq mounts, the durometer and volume of urethane will be dialed in for each vehicle application and the material will always be virgin grade urethane with a life time warranty"

that was the same response i got when I questioned them about it.

Hmm, interesting.

Get your mount in so I can decide which one to order! lol

Hmmmmm.....virgin urethane...wonder if its a tight fit

Hmmm I have a CP-e 70 duro but im very much tempted to try on those REM.

Review time!

ok finally managed to get this installed today. Just to qualify this, I've had no experience with other mounts at all, so it's all based on comparison with stock.

Install:
    Probably no different to any other of the mounts really. Was easier than i imagined it would be, but reading on here allowed me to have all the right tools lined up before I began, so that helped. Bolt on the mount-to-chassis side was really really tight, had to put an extra pipe on the breaker bar to get it moving. Just leaned my body weight on the bracket bolts, that was enough to get them. Since the bush is as thick as the metal tube in the middle, it required a little bit of sliding to get it central, but wasn't difficult at all. Had to pry the engine ever so slighty to get the bracket bolts back in. Bolts loctited and tightened like instructed here (thanks guys). All done in just over an hour.

Cue badly focussed under-car shot:

Impressions (Track spec urethane option)

Idle (aircon off): ever so slight increase in vibes, the moment you rev it though there is a noticeable increased in noise and vibes. Not harsh but a definite increase. Like you can feel each pulse of the engine now.

Idle (aircon on): yeah quite a difference. As said just above, like feeling each pulse of the engine. Revving from here same as above.

Take offs: Yeah huge difference. And I have to admit possibly siding on the harsh side of things for most people. Only just on the take off though, once the revs come up a bit it smooths most of it out.

Cruising: If you are sitting at 100ks maintaining speed it's not bad. slight increase in vibes, like things feel a little buzzier (best description i guess). When opening or closing the throttle the vibes increase by a decent margin, enough to quite possible be O-face inducing for passengers in the right rev-range . It seems that i can now feel what revs the car is at rather than hearing it. Which for me is a good thing, the car was so quiet stock, that if I had the stereo up i couldn't hear what the engine was doing. Now I can.

Shifting: Substantially improved shifting smoothness and gearbox slop. I could hear the engine/box moving around when pushing the car and shifting. Now it's good, nice and fluid, and the 2nd/3rd issue is gone.

Overall: I like this product and am not unhappy with it. However I will be interested to hear what the street spec is like. The track spec is definitely not going to be for most people who daily drive their cars. If you like an aggressive feeling car, you'd probably be ok with it. I have a feeling my girlfriend will hate it (or maybe not *snigger*).

I'm going to see how much it beds in, but i have a feeling urethane doesn't as much as rubber does, though we will see.
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Thanks for the review dude, I might try one

It should bed in and the vibes should subside a little.

At least that's the case with the Cpe

Nice write up!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good write up Darkness.

Think the street one will be the goods based on what you have said.

They take a while to bed in as well, when I installed my inserts I got a lot of vibrations on take off but now its softened up a bit, combined with me revving the engine a touch more, I can do smooth takeoffs every time.

I think your race one would be very similar to the MZR one that i have. From what you've described it seems like the MZR wasn't too much harsher.

Vibes are almost gone now and its been in for a while, without AC on no vibes above 1,500rpm and load but with it on it's about 1750 - 2000rpm.

Yeah for take-offs I hope that it will subside a little. But then I'll probably get used to it more as well.

Just rev the engine slightly higher and slip the clutch a bit more, you can eliminate it.

ordered one for myself, jase and mitch
    still cheaper than buying from MPSG

Cheers for the review Darkness

Well after a little more driving, upping the revs on takeoff does ease the vibes off a fair amount. No longer harsh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast