User Tag List

Thread: fresh mps 6 owner

1. Default fresh mps 6 owner

Hey all!

just recently bought my '06 MPS 3 months ago. Tip tops car, i love it
    First high powered vehicle, and first manual car. I picked up the driving part easy in 2 days. But i noticed i kept getting notchy gear shifts from 1st to 2nd and then 2nd to 3rd. At first, i just thought it was me being a shitty shifter being new to manual and all that jazz. I have driven about 4 other manual cars (none of them were MPS 6's though) and my shifting was perfect.

Though I have been reading a couple of forums lately and it seems to me that there is a problem with MPS gearboxes? correct me if im wrong though. But if what i am saying is correct, can anyone here help me out as to what i can do to resolve this problem!

would be much appreciated!

Welcome.

This is my main concern with these cars. The gearbox is not smooth.

Best ways to clean it up. Rear engine mount, solid shifter bushings and new gearbox oil.

Made a big difference for me, but i am extremely picky and still not 100% happy.

Welcome………..& to add to above post give a 2XS SSP a try courtesy of Troy on here!!!

4. Default

thanks guys.

i dont really know much about this stuff. Whats a 2XS SSP?

And do you guys know the best place to get a good rear engine mount and solid shifter bushings?

Cheers

Short shift plate.

2XS sells the SSP and shifter bushings.

MPS garage have a CPE aftermarket rear engine mount for $191. Although it's probably cheaper to buy from the US

to ozmps
    as has been said, aftermarket engine mount + shifter brushings
    unfortunately because of the output of these engines, the gearboxes are built to put up with the torque, rather than be smooth... but there is ways to help it

what colour did you get?

also, what were the other cars you drove to see what their gearboxes were like?

7. Default

ok cool, thanks! ill suss them out and let you guys know how i go with it all.

I had my heart set on a pearl white, but they are so rare and couldnt find one. So I settled for the sliver, that seems to have pearl blue it? Im planning on getting my wheels painted a dark dirty gray colour. Not too black, but not too light either.

I drove an R32 skyline GTST, and Suzuki swift sport, a stock standard 2010 lancer, and a Renault Megane CUP... the megane was pretty cool

Hi mikiz.

Welcome to the forum.

I've had my '06 MPS6 for about 7 months now.
    I've only let 3 other people drive it; one was a member of this club, who diagnosed an exhaust leak from an aftermarket system.
    He was correct, I've since had the leak fixed.

The other two who have driven it own a Porsche and an XR5. They both commented on how direct the shift action on this car is.
    Like a rifle bolt.
    For me, one of the best things about the car.

Pearl white= too cool for school.

Welcome mate, you said it Pete, Pearl white is the bomb!

Check out my thread by clicking the RR link on my sig if you like mate, might be a few ideas on mods and stuff in there for you too!

Enjoy your car and the forum!

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Seeing as you are a Victorian, Get in touch with Dan (Caffiene Fiend) and he'll put u in with the Victorian crew and keep u up to date on what OZMPS events are on here. With the notchy gearshifts, what everyone said above. I had the same problem - Havent driven a manual for over 8 years and came to the MPS and gosh thought my shifts were just me skills being terrible. Added a CPE rear engine mount and much much better. Worth every penny and more. Next would be a SSP for me after I had a play with another members MPS with a SSP

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Seeing as you are a Victorian, Get in touch with Dan (Caffiene Fiend) and he'll put u in with the Victorian crew and keep u up to date on what OZMPS events are on here.
    Yep, I have an SMS contact list if you want to sign up to it: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/off-t...tact-list.html

It's purely voluntary. I currently have 20 Vic members on the list, which isn't everyone, but it's a fair chunk of the Vic contingent. I've had a number of positive responses from people who are signed up to it. They find it particularly good for event reminders and notification of last minute changes

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Welcome to the Forum and enjoy! There are a lot of great people on here and they are always very helpful.

Fats

14. Default

Thanks guys! you have all been good help. Are the CPE engine mounts easy to replace?

ps: rogwick, your mps is sexy... i wish mine was white haha

welcome and good to see another melbourne member.

on the 3 its easy to change but have never seen on a 6 - though getting a garage to do it shouldn't cost much at all (or even mazda if your servicing with them) but agreed, go rear mount and solid bushes to start with. try someones SSP first before buying one in case its not your thing.