User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HSV Cruze potential

Default HSV Cruze potential

A workmate and I were discussing what a few cars would look and perform like if they were to be, well, spiced up. Along the conversation, this popped up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hsvcruzefront.jpg 
Views:	1376 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	7790Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hsvcruzeback.jpg 
Views:	1498 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	7791

HSV Cruze
    [ Possibility of a 213kw turbo-charged 4 cylinder ]
    [ Supposedly a competitor to the Ford Focus RS and Subaru WRX ]

Name:	hsvcruzeyellow.jpg 
Views:	1256 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	7792

Apparently it's still in concept so who knows if this will actually come into production but from the initial impression it looks quite nice, at least externally. Who knows what they'll pack under the hood. I was set to purchase the Diesel powered Turbo Cruze before I got my work placement so from the feel of the original Cruze it felt quite nice. Obviously lacking in power, it made up for it with the interior and smooth ride (taking away the diesel racket).

Here's the link for some more info.

HSV 2012 Cruze - HSV mulls alternative engines for hot Cruze | GoAuto
    Last edited by Chuckie Cheese; 07-03-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

I'm waiting to see the Kizashi Turbo...as long as it comes with a fair bit more power than it did at AIMS, and I would like to see it in AWD (with obligatory automatic trans)

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    I'm waiting to see the Kizashi Turbo...as long as it comes with a fair bit more power than it did at AIMS, and I would like to see it in AWD (with obligatory automatic trans)
    Same here and I was also waiting for the Hyundai Genesis but no longer holding my breath since it has been announced that the chances of it coming here are slim to none, tho it looks a tad bit like a Subaru Impreza lol

The Red one at the top looks like the Vauxhall that TG tested a while back, I think James May did the review, IMO looks too commonwhore like and needs to tone that down apart from that it looks real nice, same with the yellow one.
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Opel insignia is the car your thinking of.23?KW, v6, turbo AWD.

there is discussion of opel coming back to the Australian market, and with this car.

Not the vxr models yet but the more luxury types to compete with the jetta and golf and 1 and 3 series. As that is where they will be priced

I don't care if it has 50,000kW....its still a Holden. I had enough issues with my sister's Holden she got upset, bought a Mazda instead and its for sale on the market.

To me Holden is just eye candy, they make visually impressive cars, I may want to tap that, but never want to marry and own one!

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post

there is discussion of opel coming back to the Australian market, and with this car.
    Yes that's the one!

Looked the good on TG, I so wanted one after watching that episode!
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Regardless of the specs, I can't get excited about this car. I've driven a few Cruze's lately. Nice chassis, but they're a typical GM product in terms of build quality, or should I say absence of it. If HSV get hold of them it will be akin to putting lipstick on a pig as they do now with commodores. No doubt bogans will love them.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I don't care if it has 50,000kW....its still a Holden. I had enough issues with my sister's Holden she got upset, bought a Mazda instead and its for sale on the market.

To me Holden is just eye candy, they make visually impressive cars, I may want to tap that, but never want to marry and own one!
    And that visually impressive to some people as well, but the main reason why they will sell millions is cause of the advertising sector and that since its a holden is apparently amazing when really its , people should really test drive all cars before they buy, if this was the case alot less people would be driving commodores, cruzes, captiva's... But credit to the Holden dealerships for them stopping the potential customer to do so, by adding extra incentives.

My 2 cents.

Also does any1 else see a little MPS6 in the rear end of the red cruze?
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Also does any1 else see a little MPS6 in the rear end of the red cruze?
    Now that you mention it, hell yeah... a little though?

Change the tailights and the exhaust tips and you almost have a copy of the MPS6...
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post
    Change the tailights and the exhaust tips and you almost have a copy of the MPS6...
    LA-LA-LA *covering my ears* ...yeah I think they must have stolen the blueprints from the MPS6

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post

Opel will be here by the end of the year, Opel Australia

Monkey see, monkey do. Pretty much all you can say about Holden owners, although it is a flagship of Australia so I'll grant them that.

Sadly, the reason I keep getting Cruizes to drive: they're loan cars. My POS crapodore keeps going back to Holden again and again. And they keep failing to fix it. Some things never change.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Regardless of the specs, I can't get excited about this car. I've driven a few Cruze's lately. Nice chassis, but they're a typical GM product in terms of build quality, or should I say absence of it. If HSV get hold of them it will be akin to putting lipstick on a pig as they do now with commodores. No doubt bogans will love them.
    lipstick on a pig, you crack me up Mal
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

It's a shame people feel that way,(to there own I suppose) never had any problems with my SLR's, brocks and HSV's and I would buy another one ( don't like the current one's) but will look at the HSV Camaro when it's due in 2012....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    will look at the HSV Camaro when it's due in 2012....
    Are you referring to this Rino?

The beating heart of Chevy’s new 2012 Camaro ZL1 is tipped to be the new lump that will find its way under the hood of new HSVs, but not for a couple of years.
    This force inducted 6.2L V8 delivers a 410kw sledgehammer to anyone fortunate enough to have the power underfoot
    – more than 26% (85Kw) over the current top end HSV motors & 10% more powerful than the ultra-cool (and rare) W427.

HSV is remaining tight-lipped on whether or not the Camaro ZL1′s engine will find its way under a HSV bonnet in the near future.
    With the Camaro being based upon the Commodore’s platform and with Ford’s supercharged Coyote 5.0L V8 raising the bar,
    HSV will want a strong response to Ford’s latest and greatest. The ZL1′s supercharged 6.2L V8 seems to tick all the boxes.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

That would be the one in Devil Yellow like my old GTO Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    A workmate and I were discussing what a few cars would look and perform like if they were to be, well, spiced up. Along the conversation, this popped up.

HSV Cruze

Apparently it's still in concept so who knows if this will actually come into production but from the initial impression it looks quite nice, at least externally. Who knows what they'll pack under the hood. I was set to purchase the Diesel powered Turbo Cruze before I got my work placement so from the feel of the original Cruze it felt quite nice. Obviously lacking in power, it made up for it with the interior and smooth ride (taking away the diesel racket).

Hot

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post

HSV Cruze

Love the rear, not so much the front.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast