Does anyone have a serviette?

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Does anyone have a serviette?

Nope...

But how about a towel???

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    Nope...

But how about a towel???

I was about to respond but can only concur with ROG and KMH001. You could give it a million Kw but it would still have crappy build quality, hard glare plastic dash and the dreaded H badge. Even when HSV get to things and improve them, as Mal says, it would still be $$ largely misdirected.

I'm sure when driving it I would be reminded of the Top Gear test and Clarkson's comments on the Vauxhall Vectra VXR: “There is a word to describe this car: it begins with “s” and ends with “t” and its not “soot”.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

What is a Bogan ?????

An excellent question. It is time to bring to the world’s attention the means by which we can keep the world’s bogans happy. The word bogan has had a bad rap of late – still associated with wife beaters, flannelette, VB, utes and mullets. But this conceals the new, modern bogan. The bogan with money. The bogan with aspirations. The bogan with Ed Hardy t-shirts. And this is no mere Australian phenomenon – in the US, you have rednecks, in the UK, chavs. While there are variations, the crux of the discussion remains the same.
    The bogan today defies income, class, race, creed, gender and logic. The bogan is defined by what it does, what it says and, most importantly, what it buys. Those who choose to deny the bogan on the basis of their North Shore home, their stockbroking career or their massive trust fund choose not to see the bogan. They merely see old class battles revisited. Likewise, the bogan is no mere ‘tradie’. Even if tradies remained low-income workers, many bogans are affluent. And they set themselves apart by their efforts to stand out by conforming as furiously, and conspicuously, as possible.

Just trying to work out what makes a holden person a bogan ??? I've been a business person for most of my life and driven lots of expensive Holdens in my time and NEVER had any issues or any break downs NOT once, I suppose it would only be called a Bogan for the tossers that drive like dicks and dress in flannel and wouldn't know which way their arse faces but that would apply to all cars. I have been in positions to buy porsches/BMW's and Audi's up $200,000 if I wished but I spent $110,000 on my last HSV GTO because I didn't want to look like a pompous bogan and supported Australian made, but what would I know when all the experts are out there. my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by 240MPS; 09-11-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

It's supply and demand. Basically more australians buy commodores (and falcons) than any other car. So there's more of them on the roads. When they come to sell them second hand, there are heaps and heaps on the market, so they can't ask a very high price. Hence the commodore and falcon is cheap to buy, which suits if your major income source is centrelink.

Also they're cheap to repair and service and they have enough room for all of the missus little brats to fit in the back.

New Age Bogans they want aircon driving VN VR and even the well off bogans with VX VZ Commies. Seen shitloads with diffrent body kits and different coloured doors.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Yeh New age that's why I had 2 HSV GTO's at the same time one in devil yellow with all the extra power in manual and britsh green in auto for cruising does that make me high class BOFAN BOGAN...

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    What is a Bogan ?????

An excellent question. It is time to bring to the world’s attention the means by which we can keep the world’s bogans happy. The word bogan has had a bad rap of late – still associated with wife beaters, flannelette, VB, utes and mullets. But this conceals the new, modern bogan. The bogan with money. The bogan with aspirations. The bogan with Ed Hardy t-shirts. And this is no mere Australian phenomenon – in the US, you have rednecks, in the UK, chavs. While there are variations, the crux of the discussion remains the same.
    The bogan today defies income, class, race, creed, gender and logic. The bogan is defined by what it does, what it says and, most importantly, what it buys. Those who choose to deny the bogan on the basis of their North Shore home, their stockbroking career or their massive trust fund choose not to see the bogan. They merely see old class battles revisited. Likewise, the bogan is no mere ‘tradie’. Even if tradies remained low-income workers, many bogans are affluent. And they set themselves apart by their efforts to stand out by conforming as furiously, and conspicuously, as possible.

Just trying to work out what makes a holden person a bogan ??? I've been a business person for most of my life and driven lots of expensive Holdens in my time and NEVER had any issues or any break downs NOT once, I suppose it would only be called a Bogan for the tossers that drive like dicks and dress in flannel and wouldn't know which way their arse faces but that would apply to all cars. I have been in positions to buy porsches/BMW's and Audi's up $200,000 if I wished but I spent $110,000 on my last HSV GTO because I didn't want to look like a pompous bogan and supported Australian made, but what would I know when all the experts are out there. my 2 cents worth.

Win!

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12