User Tag List

Thread: Mould all threw car

1. Default Mould all threw car

hey guys iv have got myself in a pit of a pickile and wondering if anyone can help me out. I have thick dark green mould all threw my car. its was in the flood zone but did'nt get any water in the car its self. its been locked up in storge for about 3wks why sis was on holidays in japan. waiting on photos but she tells me that it stinks really bad that you gag. all the trim you name it. its got mould on it so thick that u can't see the colour of the dash doors seats ect. just wondering what
    would be the best way to go about such a drama. pics hopefully soon. oh its my beloved fd rx7 s8.

oh crap that sucks Beautiful car

Ouch!

I'd read a similar story on A detailing forum about a Proton Satria Gti that the owner had left in an underground carpark for a few months while they went overseas. Came back to a similar sight.

Apparently it was due to long term exposure of a damp underground environment. Without any sunlight, the car became a became a breeding ground.

The detailer used a product called "Rip Off" to get rid of it

http://www.whereaboutsupply.com.au/p...er-p-1889.html

ZAS also have a product that may work, which is a Ph neutral anti bacterial interior cleaner: http://www.zas.com.au/product/367/fi...ner_946ml.html

Good luck!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

4. Default

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

First thing i would do is give it some sunlight and heat from sun.

That will help get rid of some mould...then use a product from ZAS afterwards.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

The Finish Kare product that was suggested is what you need, but you also need professional equipment to use it with in this case.

Hands down, the best thing to do, is pay someone else to do it! They'll have it cleaned up in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    The Finish Kare product that was suggested is what you need, but you also need professional equipment to use it with in this case.

Hands down, the best thing to do, is pay someone else to do it! They'll have it cleaned up in no time.
    Lol yep, definitely one of the few things to do with car detailing that I would HAPPILY pay someone else to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Wow
    I thought I had problems with paint protection.
    I agree with the advice to get the car into a dry sunny environemnt ASAP.
    QUiclk action is necessary wahtever method yopu decide to use.
    Mould eats into the surface if left.
    Wal

9. Default

That looks like a nightmare!! Unfortunately i dont think theres a silver bullet in this case.. Take out the seats, carpet door trims.. Its much easier to clean outside the car.. With the carpet, use some of those products/washing powder then scrub with a broom and hose it down with high pressure and leave it in the sun to dry.. Then before you put it back in the car, clean the dash and anything else.... Whats the boot like? If its the same, id be stripping it and giving that carpet the same treatment too.. If the seats are really bad you could take the fabric off them to clean if you want. Its held on with little round metal clips normally. Its not easy to get off and even harder to get back on... Depends how thorough you want to be i guess.

10. Default

thanks for the help guys like you said joel time to fork out a bit of doe and let some else to do it. shoukld only cost a small furtune.
    its still raining there so as soon as the sun is outside it goes. Let the profressionals deal with it they have all the right gear to do it.
    What r the chances if seats roof cartpet ect. get stained. from this. iam 1400km away from it such a sad sight to see. it was in mint
    condition. if worst come to worst then insurance is the go still might do it on insurance just waiting to here back with a few quotes first. i'll keep you guys posted.

Dont Laugh.............But get White Vinegar in a spray bottle and a soft sponge/scour pad (like dish wand)..............Vinegar will Eat through it all!!!

Trust me on this..............

13. Default

yeah mate thats spot on with the vinger trick

So you got it sorted, Phil?