User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice - Looking to Buy MPS Gen 2

Default Need Advice - Looking to Buy MPS Gen 2

Hi all,

I owned a Gen 1 MPS last year and loved it!!! one of the best cars ive ever owned.
    unfortunately my Dad convinced me to buy a Series 2 SV6, its a good car, but its too big and doesn't have that sporty feel the MPS had.

Im trying to sell my SV6 at the moment on carsales, can anyone give me tips on buying a MPS 2nd Gen??

is there anything special i should know, or look at when purchasing?
    is it worth getting one from interstate to save some $$$?? (im from SA)

any help is appreciated!!!

oh... and whats the difference between MPS and MPS Luxury in the Gen 2? Thanks...

Go the MPS6... :-)

keep a good eye on teh price watch thread

here in brisbane i was quoted

3 MPS Luxury Drive away price 39150 through the Queensland police credit union car buying dealio

Welcome

First, congrats on making the decision to come back to the MPS. Always great to hear

As has been mentioned, have a look at the Gen II price watch thread here: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...gen-2-mps.html

Not sure what else I can offer in the way of 'tips' per se. Beware dealer-sold paint protection. It's generally much cheaper to do yourself if you plan on doing it.

With regard to the differences between Standard and Luxury, the Luxury model gets:

- Auto-sensing Bi-Xenon headlights (Std has non auto-sensing Halogen)
    - Rain-sensing windscreen wipers
    - 10 speaker sound inc sub (Std has 6)
    - Auto-dimming rear view mirror

and that's about it.

Here's the comparison: Mazda Australia Zoom-Zoom - Which Mazda3 MPS suits you?

Cheers,

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    With regard to the differences between Standard and Luxury, the Luxury model gets:

- Auto-sensing Bi-Xenon headlights (Std has non auto-sensing Halogen)
    - Rain-sensing windscreen wipers
    - 10 speaker sound inc sub (Std has 6)
    - Auto-dimming rear view mirror

and that's about it.

Here's the comparison: Mazda Australia Zoom-Zoom - Which Mazda3 MPS suits you?

Cheers,

Dan
    ....And 30 litres less boot space

Good luck with selling your SV6!!! Gen II MPS is a great car, I've loved every minute I've had with it
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate it

ill wait in anticipation for my SV6 to sell, the minute it does, ill be hunting for my Black Gen 2 mps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate it

ill wait in anticipation for my SV6 to sell, the minute it does, ill be hunting for my Black Gen 2 mps!!
    Emo!?!?!? No love for VR then?

GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    ....And 30 litres less boot space
    True. I've looked at the difference though between mine (Luxury) and Pete's (Standard), and the difference is so small that it hardly rates a mention. The floor of my boot sits about a centimeter and a half higher to accommodate the sub woofer that bolts in the spare wheel cavity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

True. I've looked at the difference though between mine (Luxury) and Pete's (Standard), and the difference is so small that it hardly rates a mention. The floor of my boot sits about a centimeter and a half higher to accommodate the sub woofer that bolts in the spare wheel cavity.
    I remember there being a noticeable difference when I looked in the boot of a luxury in the showroom, but I've never compared the two side by side so you're probably right Dan, not much of a difference.

I was mainly just stirring

But it's not like you to stir Linda????

where are all the other speakers???
    2 tweeters, 4 6's and sub = 7 where are the other 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    where are all the other speakers???
    2 tweeters, 4 6's and sub = 7 where are the other 3?
    There's a Centerpoint speaker in the middle of the dash (below the GPS and AC/Stereo screens

I think there may also be another couple of tweeters lurking about, maybe in the 6x9 housings

There's a Centerpoint speaker in the middle of the dash (below the GPS and AC/Stereo screens
    Does anyone ever have this turned on? I reckon it sounds shit.

I think there may also be another couple of tweeters lurking about, maybe in the 6x9 housings

6x9 housings? Lmao
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I can't remember if mine's on or I turned it off. Will check next time I'm in the car

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    6x9 housings? Lmao
    Um....yes? What? Ok maybe they're 6" housings. I don't know stereos anymore...... Jeez

Yes it does soundd crap. Tried middle speaker setting when I got the car and have had it turned off since. Probably good for those listening to poetry.

Tbh a bit unimpressed by the stereo in the Gen 2 Luxury but that's for a whole new thread.

Tbh a bit unimpressed by the stereo in the Gen 2 Luxury but that's for a whole new thread.
    That was the only thing about the Lux that I wanted when I bought my pov pack!!! The other stuff didn't really phase me for the extra $5k or so price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    That was the only thing about the Lux that I wanted when I bought my pov pack!!! The other stuff didn't really phase me for the extra $5k or so price difference.
    Yes I was the same. I love my music and a great sounding stereo is essential which is why I upgraded to the Luxury. I should have saved my money and upgraded after purchase and it would have been less expensive.

I wasn't really fussed. The only reason I went with the luxury was because it was a demo model I was buying and it was the right changeover finance-wise

I do like the Xenons though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast