User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3MPS Insurance

Default 3MPS Insurance

Hi all,
    Just for general interest...
    I recently renewed my comprehensive insurance on my 3MPS with NRMA. They initially offered renewal for $714. But... before I did I went in search of a better price to see what they would do if I found anything comparable that was a better price. They said that will beat it by 10% if I did. So after some days of phoning around many insurers I found Budget Direct were better for near identical cover. So I went back to NRMA with the quotation and they came down to $501. Includes no-excess glass cover too and a rental car. Pretty good I think.
    Definitely pays to shop around.
    Cheers, Clarry
    Mods: MazdaSpeed CAI, Blue Callipers, Custom Striping ("whiskers"), Garmin Nuvi 760, ScanGauge II, MPS FloorMats

My insurance premium with Nrma is 2600

costs me $1900 a year atm with aami...
    $500 excess

A little different as I have a 6MPS but for information:

Sum insured is $1,124 fully comprehensive which includes my Amplifier, Subwoofer, Exhaust System and Air filter (CAI) roughly 4K worth of extras.

Value is $33,550 (agreed value) it was over $37,000 when I first got the car and listed mods.
    Additionally, my excess is $400 (standard) and an age excess of $350 (males under 25)

Just renewed mine full comprehensive with all mods with Just Car Insurance for $1054. Finally over 25 so dropped premium by bout $300 from last years.

I had problems getting insurance because of past speeding fines so ended up ringing Shannons. I could have gone with QBE where my old car was through for $1650 but went with Shannons for $1060 instead.

$600 with AAMI, $500 excess. All mods covered and noted on the policy.

It's the lowest I've ever paid for car insurance! One of the benefits of getting older I guess

Shannons, over 25, full comp, in Queensland (S.Eastern), agreed $35,000, full mod list, $450 excess, $1080pa or $86 pw

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    Shannons, over 25, full comp, in Queensland (S.Eastern), agreed $35,000, full mod list, $450 excess, $1080pa or $86 pw
    $86 pw wow! i think u mean $86pm
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    $86 pw wow! i think u mean $86pm
    Whoops. $86pm, I mean

Shannons, Under 25 Melbournes East full comp daily driver garaged $33K agreed value about 1480ishpa $133 a month. not sure on excess

Sydney, male under 25, AAMI $2200 and they were the cheapest compared to some other insane quotes like $4000.

That's just ridiculous Brembo.

$650 with Shannons, inclusive of mods (exhaust, SRI, wheels, coilovers) with $500 excess, living in Cairns, Qld.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    That's just ridiculous Brembo.
    yup, it is....
    i got a few places quoting me mid to high 3,000's for my car... under 25 male, car parked on street... sydney
    didnt matter that i had never had an accident, only 1 speeding ticket in 5 years of driving, still got slogged...
    (speeding ticket situation changed after 4 months of MPS ownership, been good for the 6 months since )
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yep ben there, done that.

19yr old Male, sydney, non-garaged, P Plater. Insurance was costing more than food per month back then! And you don't even want to think about the excess....

This is why I drove sh!tboxes with 3rd party Fire and Theft till my mid-twenties

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    This is why I drove sh!tboxes with 3rd party Fire and Theft till my mid-twenties
    I couldnt wait that long

Though I did go from an '88 Corolla with a mighty 1.3L powerplant pushing out at least 20 Killerwasps

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I drove shitboxes with NO insurance for years. Teaches you how to drive sensibly, I tell you that... : S
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    $650 with Shannons, inclusive of mods (exhaust, SRI, wheels, coilovers) with $500 excess, living in Cairns, Qld.
    WOW thats good, we are about the same age and I just quoted higher than that from shannons with less mods. whats your car insured for ?
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast