User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3MPS Insurance

For some reason NRMA are like $100 cheaper than all the others for my CTP.

Comprehensive wise, I am looking at about $900 for $37k agreed value and with a $2000 excess. Rego is due in the next week or so, tis that time of year!

I might tweak the agreed value and excess a bit more tho, see how their silly formulas work out. All I do know is using the NRMA calculator you have up to $1000 worth of leeway in the agreed value that results in the same premium, so make sure you max that out once you find a premium you are happy with!

AAMI now does it by the street... so that knocked ~$300 off mine, + 10% for wasting a day at their "safe drivers course"

Yea AAMI are only marginally cheaper than NRMA for me. Maybe next year when the cost savings of them closing all their shopfronts starts to come through =)

For anyone who has insurance with any company in the Suncorp group (GIO, AAMI, Apia, Shannons, Just Car Insurance, Bingle) who also has a Suncorp bank account, head down to your local Suncorp bank branch at renewal time armed with the quotes. They'll generally match the cheapest price (usually AAMI from that group) but put you on the Suncorp branded comprehensive insurance, which has better coverage.

What happens if you mod after already being with the insurance company?
    Do you just ring them up and tell them that you added a new mod to your car?

Quote Originally Posted by kh92 View Post
    What happens if you mod after already being with the insurance company?
    Do you just ring them up and tell them that you added a new mod to your car?
    Yep, but be aware they might cancel your insurance if they deem the vehicle to be too modified, or up the premium substantially.

Before modding you should be calling your insurer and discussing your plans to see if they can still cover you, or arranging alternative insurance which includes cover for your mods.

You don't want to have to make a claim and have it refused due to unlisted modifications...

if you have modified your car then the agreed value for insurance just doesn't change if you need to make a claim. As long as your mods don't render the car illegal/unroadworthy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123