User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3MPS Insurance

I think Sydney is the most expensive city to own a turbo charged car. We are getting ripped off. I hope to see the difference once I turn 25.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Lol, just run a check on AAMI website. So you think its expensive to own MPS if you male under 25 living in Sydney? I have just entered all my details, but this time I selected 08' WRX, dead stock, zero everything. Total was 3,386.87 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post

[/COLOR]So you think its expensive to own MPS if you male under 25 living in Sydney? I have just entered all my details, but this time I selected 08' WRX, dead stock, zero everything. Total was 3,386.87 per year.
    When I first bought my Gen 1 MPS in 2008 I was talking to the salesman about my concern at how much the insurance would cost knowing how much insurance for a WRX was. He said to me that surprisingly insurance wasn't that expensive on the turbo Mazda's. When I asked how come in relation to the WRX's, he replied "because Mazda drivers don't wrap themselves around trees".

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    WOW thats good, we are about the same age and I just quoted higher than that from shannons with less mods. whats your car insured for ?
    Car's insured for $24k; that's what I bought it for. I live in a pretty safe suburban area of Cairns too, and a semi-rural area may cost less? Also BB does a 6 cost more to insure that a 3? Not sure on that last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    When I first bought my Gen 1 MPS in 2008 I was talking to the salesman about my concern at how much the insurance would cost knowing how much insurance for a WRX was. He said to me that surprisingly insurance wasn't that expensive on the turbo Mazda's. When I asked how come in relation to the WRX's, he replied "because Mazda drivers don't wrap themselves around trees".
    Lmao
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

I think Sydney is the most expensive city to own a turbo charged car. We are getting ripped off. I hope to see the difference once I turn 25.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Lol, just run a check on AAMI website. So you think its expensive to own MPS if you male under 25 living in Sydney? I have just entered all my details, but this time I selected 08' WRX, dead stock, zero everything. Total was 3,386.87 per year.
    I'm with AAMI, and I was paying more than that....

sounds like you have alot of spare cash ))

sounds like you have alot of spare cash ))
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    +1
    19 year olds have a habbit of not having too many overhead costs Think I was on about 36K per year when I bought the car.... Suffice to say I had enough money for the car and not much else. It's all about priorities

$1450 with AAMI, parked in inner west of Sydney.

10. Default

We where with Pay as you drive for 5000k a year in Sydney. We had 2 years with them and had accumulated about 8300kms of cover.
    Best damn insurance around at about $495 for over 30. Just got a letter that they won't renew it again because it's a performance car.
    Up to about $1100 straight away with the regulars.

Mine went up this year by $30... $437.52 this year.

got renewal notice, $1850 parked on street, 23 yr old near newtown
    "yay"

13. Default

Anyone with BUDGET DIRECT? How you find them compared to NRMA, SHANNONS, JUST CARS, or AAMI?

Cause i know that Budget, for 30+ driver is $600 p/yr, $1100 with others right, but id rather see if NRMA can price match as they been around for ever etc? or even AAMI are good?

thoughts?

I have been with AAMI for many years, have max No claim bonus. For my new (2010) plated MPS 3 Lux with Pantera leather seats (total cost $43.4K) I paid a $535.00 premium. I'm just on the good side of 60 years old, so I guess being an ole fella has some advantages. (At least if I need a public toilet fast I can get there quickly with my new ride!!!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    got renewal notice, $1850 parked on street, 23 yr old near newtown
    "yay"
    aami is now doing insurance by the street, rather than by the suburb... insurance dropped to $1400, -10% for safe drivers course, + a little bit for mods, means i renewed for $1350
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

when i bought the car i got it insured with 24 yr old only driver, AAMI now lowered the young driver age to under 24 which means i pay $1350 for my MPS6

Budget insurance is owned by GE money.

The thing to watch for with some of these "no name" companies is how are they when it comes time to claim?
    In my experience, they are a pain. You don't see what goes on behind the scenes.
    They cut the panel shops allocated repair time down, and pay them a low hourly rate. This means that the shop will do a much worse job.
    Believe me, I've been that person rushing customers cars and cutting corners.

Agree with the above. When my car got caught in the hail in melbourne, AAMI was my insurer. Thankfully there were just too many cars caught up in this and the panel repairer (whom is one of the best I've experienced) did everything for me and told me if this was any other time, AAMI would never allow them to repair it as it would be too expensive for AAMI period. And this panelbeater brought my car to being better when I got it 2nd hand from the Mazda dealer.

I now have CGU on recommendation with other good options being QBE and Allianz (which happens to be expensive) I guess you get what you pay for.

I pay $700 or so not sure about excess and stuff like that but I'm listed as the second driver and I'm a P plater. 06 MPS dead stock with AAMI with agreed value of $27k something.

20. Default

Wow. I think I'm getting ripped off by justcars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast