User Tag List

Thread: FMIC Options..

Default FMIC Options..

Hi Guys,

Besides the Cobb/Corksport/CPE FMICs are there any other options on the horizon?

I was stupid enough not to buy one before the exchange rate went foobar..

At the moment the corksport looks to have my vote, any reviews on this unit or other ideas (besides building my own - dont have the time or expertise).

Cheers
    Justin.

Hey Justin,
    Yeah the exchange rate is a bummer, the CPE kit went up by $400 after I bought mine, and to be perfectly honest if I was looking today I would probably go the CS kit.
    The Corksport unit is still a good buy (but Im sure will also go up in price when the next shipment lands)
    The kits did have some initial issues with fuel cut etc, this was mainly to do with an oversized MAF housing, which I believe has since been rectified, of all the kits I really like what they have done with the included intake, the use of the existing shroud as a cool air ram box is very clever.
    The other thing I believe with the CS is the BPV flange resides on the hot pipe, but you have an aftermarket valve, so melting shouldn't be an issue.
    The other positive is that you will be able to recover some funds by selling your Mazdaspeed intake.

There are a few other kits on the market of which I have never read any good news about (ATP, BEGI, TXS), but I wouldnt really sway from the brands you have mentioned, please, please dont buy the TXS, I dont care how cheap it is.

Hey Matt,

Cheers for the input!
    It really is a bummer about the exchange rate..

Can anyone confirm if the fuel cut with the CS kit have been fixed?
    Anyone here have the CS kit fitted to a 3?
    Melting Bovs sound like fun wonder why they did that!

Oh and TXS - no thanks. :P

Matt - you might need to take me for another drive to twist my arm

Im sure the BOV wouldnt melt, but plastic valve + hot pipe doesnt really work in my opinion, the only other real issue is that the hot, pre intercooled air will be recircing, rather than the cooler, post IC air, but there seems to be very little evidence to suggest that this would cause any issues.

Im sure I can twist your arm again, be careful though, last time I twisted your arm, you twisted your bank balances arm. There are a few other toys that Im sure you will like too.

PM me and well try and catch up again, maybe just not near the Mazda dealer again, I avoid them like the plague these days, you'll see why.

We are hoping to have a kit avail soon. Just finnishing off our test setup and will see how that goes and work out what cost it comes to in the end and if it will be a worthy product. If results are good we will be looking at making the pipes out of single section mandrell bent, not seperate bends welded together, this way its a smoother path, and less work to replicate each time.

Also the same is happening for a intake aswell. Keep an eye on my post up top as i update as things come along. Working our hardest to keep the cost down as much as possible while using quality parts and workmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by racebitz View Post
    We are hoping to have a kit avail soon. Just finnishing off our test setup and will see how that goes and work out what cost it comes to in the end and if it will be a worthy product. If results are good we will be looking at making the pipes out of single section mandrell bent, not seperate bends welded together, this way its a smoother path, and less work to replicate each time.

Also the same is happening for a intake aswell. Keep an eye on my post up top as i update as things come along. Working our hardest to keep the cost down as much as possible while using quality parts and workmanship.
    Good news mate, any rough ETA's?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Good news mate, any rough ETA's?
    Our cars setup should be finnished in the next week or 2, hoping to be racing at Compac Attack at WSID on 15/3. Once thats done and im happy with it then i will move into making up the full mandrell piping.

Good things come to those who wait

In the future we will be doing a W2A setup too, with help from a world leader in the industry.All Australian Made & owned.

fwiw I'm planning to go the CS route. The cost (as its currently listed) isn't too bad given that it includes the RAM. Though its obviously still a fair bit of dosh. (hence why I havent got it yet!)

I'm a fan of the thought that goes into creating a neat solution like that. If the piping was black it'd look just about stock.

I reckon the CPE would be the better of the IC's. But it costs a fair bit more and does not come with an intake solution (which wouldn't worry you as you have the CAI). So if you can stomp up the cash I'm sure there's plenty of people that'd recommend CPE for workmanship etc.

my 2c