User Tag List

Thread: Er300 or Re001

1. Default Er300 or Re001

I am upgrading the tyres and wheels on my Mazda 3 Maxx sedan from 15 inch to 17inch.

My two tyre choices are Bridgestone Er300 or Adrenalin Re001.
    The tyre place says that the ER300's will give good grip and longer life than the Adrenalin's which will produce 'awesome' grip at a shorter life.

My question is in a standard 2.0L Mazda 3 do I really need the 'awesomeness' of the adrenalin's grip or am I getter off with the ER300's.

The car is manly used for commuting, some country driving and occasionally (ie once every 1 to 2 months) a quick drive up the hills.

Thanks for your help guys.

PS.
    if its any help my original tyre size was 195/60/15 and new will be 215/45/17

If u have suppension mods get a grippy tyre. The advantage about the Neo,maxx is they are lighter so in the corners with the right handling mods there great ( I had coilovers, 18's on the Neo it would out perform my mps )

What is the difference in tyre price?? If it's sweet stuff all then go for the RE001's.. You'll still get good wear out of them, especially if you're not hard on your tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MNLESS View Post
    What is the difference in tyre price?? If it's sweet stuff all then go for the RE001's.. You'll still get good wear out of them, especially if you're not hard on your tyres.
    +1.

I put RE001's on wifey's MX5. Great tyre and is wearing very well. The only time it gets pushed though is when I'm driving it

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

5. Default

Thanks guys price difference is $10 each.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx3 View Post
    Thanks guys price difference is $10 each.
    Go the RE001's forsure then!!

7. Default

I've had my RE001's for about 22k km's, about 4k kms left - trackday + skidpan day been done as well as driven hard just about all the time... if that's anything.

which is better in the wet - braking/cornering?

9. Default

In the wet the adrenalins have a more aggressive tread pattern so logic dictates yes. That said, I don't think you'll be pushing limits with a stock Mazda3

10. Default

how about a diesel :P nearly as much wheelspin on demand as you boys!

11. Default

Possibly then. The RE001's last a fair while, I can say that for certain though. (Just checked, ticked over 24k km's today on this set)

I'd say go those if you corner hard quite regularly.

12. Default

is there still the quality issues with them or are they all made in japan now? i do like to have some fun with corners but its the wet that im more concerned about - braking distances and cornering in the wet