User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MPS6 suspension set up - post your pics/specs

Hey guys.
    I'm on cusco comp s coil overs. Cost is about 1500 brand new, with delivery, while the aussie dollar is going strong.
    Height adjustable, there is still plenty of space left on the shocks so you can definitely go a lot lower than my current setup.

2. Default

Pics are good as well..
    B8's Bilstiens with Eibachs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2640.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	7666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2639.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	7667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4857.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	7668   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4871.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	7669  

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mazda6mps View Post
    Pics are good as well..
    B8's Bilstiens with Eibachs.
    Thats a great drop, the exact look Im after
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Plus one for the Eibachs with Billies. I have H&R's but they are too low at the front for my liking so I wouldn't recommend them. Would have prefered Eibachs but I couldn't get them at the time.

Lower on H&R coilovers.
    Sorry for the bad photo...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00099-20110312-1607.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	7889  

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    Lower on H&R coilovers.
    Sorry for the bad photo...
    Spotted you on Friday night just cruising down Victoria Road.... dude, 1) nice stance, 2) awesome exhaust tone, 3) where'd you get your window wind deflectors from? To conclude, I enjoyed perving on your car for a good 2-3 minutes (by the way, i wasnt driving the 6 at the time)

On topic, I will share my own set up soon. Just sorting out some other stuff first

Quote Originally Posted by laser beam View Post
    Spotted you on Friday night just cruising down Victoria Road.... dude, 1) nice stance, 2) awesome exhaust tone, 3) where'd you get your window wind deflectors from? To conclude, I enjoyed perving on your car for a good 2-3 minutes (by the way, i wasnt driving the 6 at the time)

On topic, I will share my own set up soon. Just sorting out some other stuff first
    Thanks mate. The car needs a wheel alignment after installing the coils!

You can get the JDM wind visors from JDM Goodie
    Prefect JDM fitment! Highly recommended if you are into all things JDM.
    Addicted to Boost.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    Thanks mate. The car needs a wheel alignment after installing the coils!

You can get the JDM wind visors from JDM Goodie
    Prefect JDM fitment! Highly recommended if you are into all things JDM.
    Looks the goods. Thanks buddy. I will ask Mazda spare parts for their mates rates before I order from the above link

ps: do you live around the inner west? I've noticed you more than once in the area..

9. Default

Eibachs springs and Bilstiens shocks on all fours.
    Front strut brace and rear upper strut brace as well.
    front clearence is about 125mm
    Do you have the B8's so the 125 clearance is from bottom of the black plastic bit under your ftone bar to the ground when sitting flat ?

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Oh soz just read through all posts saw it is B8's. Where abouts are you and how much did it all cost you ?
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by jozimozi View Post
    Why does your listing specify $29 postage for the lower 48 states, yet the item location is Melbourne?

11. Default

Located in Melb.

Eibach Springs (Pro Kit) - $450 shipped (MPS Garage)
    Shocks, Bilstein B8s - $1030 shipped (GSL Motorsports) (part numbers: BE5-A259, BE5-A260, BE5-A261)
    Install and wheel alignment - $360 (Pedders South melbourne) - Labour was $300, alignment was $60 for four wheels.
    Total: $1840.00

12. Default

Located in Melb.

Eibach Springs (Pro Kit) - $450 shipped (MPS Garage)
    Shocks, Bilstein B8s - $1030 shipped (GSL Motorsports) (part numbers: BE5-A259, BE5-A260, BE5-A261)
    Install and wheel alignment - $360 (Pedders South melbourne) - Labour was $300, alignment was $60 for four wheels.
    Total: $1840.00
    Thanks

So also was the 125 clearance is from bottom of the black plastic bit under yourfront bar to the ground when car sitting flat ?

13. Default

yep, bottom black lip/defuser to the ground.

I have Eibach's on the way but won't be fitting them until I go to buy my next set of tyres, will be fitting the springs, tyres and rims on at the same time! So excited!
    I would get the Bilstein shocks but unfortunately I don't have that money and I don't plan on getting the shocks anyway. Will just be driving on the stock shocks as I don't plan on going to the track or anything, it's only for the looks

15. Default

You will need to replace the shocks sooner rather than later. I had eibachs with the stocks shocks running for approx. 15k kms, before all four started to weep.

You will need to replace the shocks sooner rather than later. I had eibachs with the stocks shocks running for approx. 15k kms, before all four started to weep.
    Good advice. Dampers are a consumable, the same as tyres, filters and batteries. They wear out and need to be replaced periodically. Firmer springs will make the dampers work harder than they were designed to work, which will accelerate their wear. It can be a false economy to change the springs but not the dampers at the same time because you run the risk of having to pay to have the suspension disassembled twice. Although I suppose you get to spread the cost over a longer period.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Good advice. Dampers are a consumable, the same as tyres, filters and batteries. They wear out and need to be replaced periodically. Firmer springs will make the dampers work harder than they were designed to work, which will accelerate their wear. It can be a false economy to change the springs but not the dampers at the same time because you run the risk of having to pay to have the suspension disassembled twice. Although I suppose you get to spread the cost over a longer period.
    Maybe I should wait until I can afford the Bilsteins then
    Will the ride height of Eibach + Bilstein B8's still be the same as the Eibach + Stock shocks?
    So since stock shocks won't last.
    Will the Eibach + Bilstein B8's last as long as my car will? Or will they wear abd tear?
    Last edited by High on PSI; 11-08-2011 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Maybe I should wait until I can afford the Bilsteins then
    Will the ride height of Eibach + Bilstein B8's still be the same as the Eibach + Stock shocks?
    So since stock shocks won't last.
    Will the Eibach + Bilstein B8's last as long as my car will? Or will they wear abd tear?
    I read somewhere the B8's do change the height of the car slightly but for the life of me I can't remember if it was lower or higher lol.

I have just had Eibach pro-kit and B8's installed as of 1 week ago, I am still having issues with something in my drivetrain/suspension but I know it isn't the shocks and springs now because when I have let rip through some roundabouts/twisties the car stays near level, so happy with no body roll now. Although I also had a whiteline rear swaybar installed and the 2 SURE diff mounts, so that would have helped too.

Lowering the car on stock shocks will wear them out and the ride will get worse - previous owner of my car had it dumped on pedders sports ryder springs (the invoice seems to show a 2" drop all round) in the first 1000kms, I bought it with about 25K kms and by 40K kms it was handling crap. As well as scraping everywhere.

When I bought the B8's the person I was dealing with said they can be re-gassed/re-serviced??? Which I assume means when (if) they start failing I don't need to buy a whole new set, there are more knowledgable people out there who can hopefully confirm this.

I will try take some photos this weekend and post them to show you what sort of drop the Eibachs and B8's give if that helps.

Cheers
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

Unlike the cheaper brands, Bilsteins can be re-built if they ever wear out. But that's not likely to happen for a long time, they are very good quality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast