User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haida Tyres from ETyreStore

Thumbs up Haida Tyres from ETyreStore

I thought I might do a post on these tyres has I have had some inquiries from some members....

I have one word 'BRILLIANT' these tyres were given a work out on my last cruise with (Grajy) 2 sundays ago through MTNebo up to Kenilworth through Mt Mee rd and the grip in the dry were miles ahead of the Falkens FK452, in the rain patches on the day I didn't push to hard because of the roads but did some quick roundabout try outs in the wet at some speed and keeping within my lines held on quite well,I feel there getting quieter after 3000k's for $95ea plus fitting and balancing that's all I would buy for what I need and that's coming from someone who has spent between $850 to $400 on ea tyre for the last 10 years until i bought the Falkens for $220ea, and thought they were shit from day one.
    I must admit when my brother bought these for a xmas present I had butterflies the day I was getting them fitted (never owned cheap tyres for 20 plus years) what was i getting myself into.... Grajy will tell you if you want a 2nd option I left him chasing a bike through the twisters through Mt Mee and they just stuck to the road without a inch of slide...... I was hoping to give them a shot on the track but after dropping a wheel in a wash out at some speed on the cruise with Grajy I buckled the rim and took a chunk out of the tyre so I never got the chance to try them on the track but if they gripped like the did on the cruise and if anyone has put their std tyres on the track for track days these tyres will be brilliant for track days over your OEM tyres,and not to mention the impact on the tyre when I hit the pothole and the tyre to hold up and the only reason the wheel is off is because of the buckle which has a slow leak only when rolling but stops leaking when stationary.

Adam Coleman is the guy just tell him your from the club and you have spoken to me http://www.etyrestore.com.au/, I told him i would do a write up when I did some tests on the tyres, tyres are pretty cheap I doubt we will be able to get better prices who knows down the track..

I hope this helps....

Cheers
    Rino
    Last edited by 240MPS; 22-02-2011 at 07:21 AM.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

So you rate these?

I need 4 tyres.

Was looking at other brands at $250+ /corner.

Never heard of Haida.

Pretty sure, "BRILLIANT" means he rates them...

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    So you rate these?

I need 4 tyres.

Was looking at other brands at $250+ /corner.

Never heard of Haida.
    Dan I was concerned at first, I've had these since the 31st of December and are great for everyday use and had some wet runs in them without being stupid.

• Grip was great going through tight roundabouts at normal speed staying within my lines not like everyone else cutting through in the wet .
    • No aquaplaning through water paddles drove right through it without a movement in the steering or car... (Shocked) at this stage I'm thinking to myself what great value for $95 plus fitting
    • I would even say that these were just as good as the bridgestones the car come with and leaves the Falkens for dead Dan.. I was just so impressed for the price.
    • Summary for less than the price of 1 to 2 tyres where can you go wrong for everyday use and the occasionally fun i would rate it 11/10 for the price and grip for everyday use.
    I know some people go to extreme and stupid mode and some people lack experience in driving skills,so in saying that most people know there limit to what a car can do and I push to the limits to what I feel is sensible to conditions and these tyres did what I wanted them to do when required and there will be some members who have been with me on track and other occassions that I depend more on my gear changes and the grip from the tyres from my standard suspension set up rather then braking and wearing brakes out . Look they wont replace the Yokohama's AD08 and S-Drives but for everyday use and a little fun to your limitations. BRILLIANT is the only word I can use Dan.. Everyone has different driving skills and lines and maybe need a better tyre to compensate their driving habits or lack of knowledge

Also for Interstate members, ETyres is a Online store so most of its sales are ebay and internet driven to save 2 to 3 middle man profits hence pricing....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 22-02-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Thinking I might give these a go - for the price.

Hows the wear going on them...?

Thinking I might give these a go - for the price.

Hows the wear going on them...?
    So far pretty good the scrubbing look better on my car then it did on Grajy's tyres on the day he will vouch for that... Jon will also tell you how rapped I was with the tyres on the day even when it copped a visious pot hole thump at speed and survived.

You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Seems to me like they are doing what many companies have done successfully in the past.
    Come into the new market, sell cheap and get the reputation built up.

I know I've had cheap tyres that were really good, now, the same tyres are much dearer and not assumed as crap anymore.

...Well I've taken Rino's word for it - have opted to replace mine tomorrow - 12.30pm..!

...Well I've taken Rino's word for it - have opted to replace mine tomorrow - 12.30pm..!
    Make sure you ring Adam first to make sure he is there

You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

My friend Dale just got a set of 4 tyres from here for my old MPS OEM rims..

225/40 R18

Now the rims are painted black...he wanted cheap tyres for them...so let him here.

SP23 looks mint now with black OEM 3MPS rims and 225/40 R18 rims....all for under $500

When i need new 235 tyres...i will be looking to head there...

Happy Motoring
    duglet

I couldnt wait.

Called Adam, got in today.

Well as long as you're happy with them!! Can't say the R32 will ever be wearing a set...

13. Default

Personally I would go for LingLongs....

http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/p__Lin...s,__799185973/

Bwahahahaha @ these names..

Crazy. Watch out for pot holes. No side wall protection.. I've seen some pretty shocking negative reviews on these.

You know the saying.. you get what you pay for lol
    Last edited by Wardski; 22-02-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Personally I would go for LingLongs....

Linglong L688 225/40 R18 92W BSW All season tires - Compare Prices and Buy at PriceGrabber

Bwahahahaha @ these names..

Crazy. Watch out for pot holes. No side wall protection.. I've seen some pretty shocking negative reviews on these.

You know the saying.. you get what you pay for lol
    I will post up what happen hitting a pot hole at 80k's and Grajy can vouch for that he was right behind me and not to mention the bends.
    Hey for what they are worth they have come up to the mark for grip and a pounding I have giving them, hey some people may need better tyres to compensate their driving skills Zero
    All I'm saying for some people that's all they need, I have giving them a real workout in the dry and I was impressed for the coin and I still think if people drive like idots 100% of the time I still think there a good tyre but I haven't trushed them in the wet but have put them through some big puddles at 80k's and didn't budge and some tight roundabouts in the wet,for everyday normal driving people please do not disregard this tyre.....

I don't get any browny points to push these tyres just putting it out there for people to have options, look it wasn't my cup of tea I wouldn't have bought them for myself but as a gift from my brother for xmas I gave them a shot all they cost me was $80 to fit and balance I couldn't go wrong. "BUT I WAS WORRIED" now that I have given them a go I thought I would share, if you don't like just keep it simple.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130537.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	7616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130536.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	7617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130538.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	7618  
    Last edited by 240MPS; 22-02-2011 at 04:42 PM.

You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

At the end of the day, any pothole can root up a tyre.

My alloy is buckled due to a pot hole. They guys balanced it out.

Got the Haida's fitted as well. Seems to be more responsive in the steering, lighter too

I'm sitting on 19,000km, had 5 tire rotations done and a wheel alignment done since Dec 08. Didn't realise Mazda service dept rotate the tyres and it buggered up my first paid for rotation.

Tyres are still ok but I think I will look at these when 'new tyre time' comes around (it seems it will be a lot earlier than I had budgeted for/was told it would be when I bought the car).

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I will post up what happen hitting a pot hole at 80k's and Grajy can vouch for that he was right behind me and not to mention the bends.
    Hey for what they are worth they have come up to the mark for grip and a pounding I have giving them, hey some people may need better tyres to compensate their driving skills Zero
    All I'm saying for some people that's all they need, I have giving them a real workout in the dry and I was impressed for the coin and I still think if people drive like idots 100% of the time I still think there a good tyre but I haven't trushed them in the wet but have put them through some big puddles at 80k's and didn't budge and some tight roundabouts in the wet,for everyday normal driving people please do not disregard this tyre.....

I don't get any browny points to push these tyres just putting it out there for people to have options, look it wasn't my cup of tea I wouldn't have bought them for myself but as a gift from my brother for xmas I gave them a shot all they cost me was $80 to fit and balance I couldn't go wrong. "BUT I WAS WORRIED" now that I have given them a go I thought I would share, if you don't like just keep it simple.....
    Jesus.... you didnt hit a pot hole, you must have hit a car hole!! Can't imagine what damage that also did to your wheel bearings.....

Blog Entries

I have gone from Hankook sports tyres (which I loved but $220 a corner was overstretching my budget) and gone to a cheaper tyre ($110 per corner) and have noticed a massive difference and not in a good way.

I guess every tyre is different and like Ward said you get what you pay for at the end of the day.

For an everyday driving tyre these might work like a gem, but I dont think they would hold up on par with some of the bigger brands.

just my 2 cents of course Rino
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Jesus.... you didnt hit a pot hole, you must have hit a car hole!! Can't imagine what damage that also did to your wheel bearings.....

I felt it, you could say Rounded a bend and the road dropped away
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130594.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	7621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130621.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	7622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130593.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	7623  

You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast