User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Haida Tyres from ETyreStore

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    I have gone from Hankook sports tyres (which I loved but $220 a corner was overstretching my budget) and gone to a cheaper tyre ($110 per corner) and have noticed a massive difference and not in a good way.

I guess every tyre is different and like Ward said you get what you pay for at the end of the day.

For an everyday driving tyre these might work like a gem, but I dont think they would hold up on par with some of the bigger brands.

just my 2 cents of course Rino
    I don't have a problem with it Adam I still love my Bridgestones don't get me wrong, it's only the fact they were a gift and I really didn't think I was going to do a write up on them but what I have put them through I'm impressed and just thought well if people short for money when you needed tyres these were good and not everybody goes out there to tear the roads down. These tires may not suit a lot of people ,who knows I just didn't want it to turn into a tug of war people don't have to buy them and people should rubbish them if they haven't tried... But then again everyone is an expert

So like you said Adam you bought on the budget side with your last purchase and hasn't performed which is expected, where these tyres blow the Falkens FK452 out of the water and I paid $220a corner for those Falkens compared to $115 fitted and I would buy these again over the Falkens that people brag about how good they are NOT... Just trying to help people out that's all . No one knows unless you try them out....

I won't say anymore on it, I'm all good and happy See what Danski as to say about them after a few weeks will be good to see what he thinks.....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 22-02-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Blog Entries

Very interesting! If they perform as good or better than tyres twice the price then it looks like a win to me

Will also be interested in Danskis opinion of them, as all tyres are not the same, neither are the people driving them. As you said some people love Falkens but some people don't

Why can't they just make one kind of tyre dammit

Yes you get what you pay for, but not always.

Think of how many brands of tyres there are, and think of how many actual manufactures there are. Doesn't add up.

Often no brand tyres are made by big brand companies under contract. I've been told by tyre guy here that there is a company that will produce whatever tyre you want (OzMPSclub brand tyres if wanted)

A lot of these little companies don't have the overheads like the big companies. Where do you think Bridgestone (for example) got the money to pay Peter Brock to advertise them, or how much they spend on sponsorship?
    That money all comes from the price of their tyres.
    The little no-name companies don't have this expence, and they don't have big stores so they can affort to sell their products for less.

I remember when companies like Nangkang, Federal, Hankook, Falken were just like these no-name companies, and were all "crap" and cheap tyres.
    Now, they are a step or two above that and not exactly cheap.

In saying that, there are some rubbish around and its up to brave people like Rino to pick out the good from the bad.

I was just about to answer Adam and noticed your post Brad, you nailed it because Adam Coleman from EX Coleman Tyre stores was saying the same thing,and everyone has missed the point where your not buying these tyres from store outlets who were supplied by wholesalers and so on, Adam brings them direct and sells them himself saves heaps of margins that 2 to 3 handlers would like to make...
    It's called everyone wants to make a quid so by the time you mark it up 50% here and 50% there guess where your at up in the $200 plus mark

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

5. Default

These tyres are rubbish and should not be recommended for anyone with a performance car or anyone you care about. We have imported them before and had alot of problems. Including circumferntial cracking (cracks in sidewall), irregular wear, noise and tyre seperation. They are made by the same people that make antyre, clear, yellow sea, fullrun, fullway, wanli and plenty of other rubbish.
    There is good chinese made tyres and some real bargains out there, sadly these are not so.
    These tyres cost to buy wholsale roughly $60+ gst and retail anywhere from $100-$130, there is noway anyone would retail these for anythng near $200.

Quote Originally Posted by TBDM View Post
    These tyres are rubbish and should not be recommended for anyone with a performance car or anyone you care about. We have imported them before and had alot of problems. Including circumferntial cracking (cracks in sidewall), irregular wear, noise and tyre seperation. They are made by the same people that make antyre, clear, yellow sea, fullrun, fullway, wanli and plenty of other rubbish.
    There is good chinese made tyres and some real bargains out there, sadly these are not so.
    These tyres cost to buy wholsale roughly $60+ gst and retail anywhere from $100-$130, there is noway anyone would retail these for anythng near $200.
    It would be nice if Adam form ETyreStore could comment on this ^^^ ( and if he has had any problems with them ).

I have emailed that comment to Adam.

I have seen pirelli,goodyears and other brands as a matter of fact that have cracked side walls and splits running through the tyre. One was a Pirelli Zero on a mercedes S350 hence why we replaced the rears at $540ea corner about a year ago after 14,000k's and the fronts were ok and still going without any issues.

I have my reservations,time will tell $95ea corner... "LEST NOT FORGET", so if you get 5000k's compared to your bridgestones and Yokohama's at $400 to $450 your doing well 'TRUE' so far I have around 3500k's and going strong and look in good shape even the one that coped a pot hole at 80k's and destroyed a rim..... The tyre is still useable if it wasn't for the buckle in the rim which lets air out while driving but over night sitting still the tyre stays up......
    Last edited by 240MPS; 23-02-2011 at 07:30 AM.

You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Thing I did forget to mention, and something that TBDM has touched on is that you have to be cautious on some of these tyres.
    Some tyres may seem great, but have faults that show through later.
    But that's not limited to no-name tyres.
    Example
    Brother had a very quick aftermarket supercharged v6 Commodore
    Had Maxxis tyres on it, they were quiet, grippy, everything you could want.
    7000 km later, 3 of the inside walls basically disappeared.
    There was no real wear across the surface.
    Local bob Jane who sold the tyres, blamed typical Commodore wheel alignment, we had it wheel aligned and it was perfect. Would have needed 45 degrees neg camber to do what it did.
    Despite that, and several other thee places saying it had to be a thee fault, bob Jane, and Maxxis denied a fault, and bob Jane head office wouldn't even return ours, or the dept of fair trading phone calls

Point is, you can get caught out with any tyre at any price.
    My best bit of advice would be to buy whatever tyre you chose from a trustworthy company (not bob Jane, or at least bob Jane in Orange)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    I remember when companies like Nangkang, Federal, Hankook, Falken were just like these no-name companies, and were all "crap" and cheap tyres.
    Now, they are a step or two above that and not exactly cheap.
    Nangkang still are rubbish tyres
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Totally disagree, dad had them on his SS Commodore, brother had them on his Commodore, dad had them on his mps and I had them on my SP23.
    And I wouldn't hesitate getting them again.
    Ok, they aren't the best on the market, but they are excellent value.

Not all of us can afford $400 tyres, some of us do lots of km so prefer hard wearing over outright grip

I'll give them a shot, like Rino has.

At the end of the day, if they are rubbish, then I'll replace them. Its $380 for the 4 I paid. I've spend more on a night out. Even if I only get 10,000km out of them, im still ahead!

The main reason why I went with these, as my OEM's had scrubbed on the inner, and I had no idea till I went for an alignment - the rest of the tyre is fine. I'll look to replace them if they start to fail.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

12. Default

What about the Pirelli P ZERO NERO's I got from St George Wheels & Tyres 2 weeks ago for $185 each plus $15 each wheel fitted and blanced? Took it up through the upper Hunter over the weekend and they stick like shit to a blanket

Because they are twice the price, and not given as a gift.

Thread was about these tyres, not about what he should have bought (or given)

St George tyres is cheap, just a shame the guy running it (or at lest answers their emails) is an idiot

14. Default

At the end of the day, if you buy these tyres and they de-laminate, wear unevenly, or cause an accident or damage to your car when the rubber peels off at high speed, you've got no one but yourself to blame.

I assume these tyres have full Australian Standards certification, and they're not going to be questioned in the event of an accident.

Thanks Brad!!!!!
    Like I said I wasn't going to comment on these because I knew where it would end up, and everyone is welcome to their comments which is fine, Hey I made mistakes and spent $880 on Falken FK452 tyres from listening to people on this forum how good they were and was very disappointed from day one, which is understandable coming from Bridgestones for 25 years.

Like Dan said you give one thing a chance if you don't like you don't go back and I learn't that from the Falkens but all Falken tyres are different, I haven't bagged and rubbished them before I bought them and I'm saying now I was dissappointed with them in how they handled and wore but then again I got 27,000k's out of them which would be considered brilliant by others compared to stories of 13,000k's to 20,000k's.

I'm no expert by all means. Just like to keep it to topic.

Last edited by 240MPS; 23-02-2011 at 09:30 AM.

You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    Its $380 for the 4 I paid. I've spend more on a night out.
    Where is my invite if your buying!!
    Not Gone...just "busy"

17. Default

If you're only getting 13-20,000kms on a set of tyres - you're doing it wrong!!

^^ +1 Agrees

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    If you're only getting 13-20,000kms on a set of tyres - you're doing it wrong!!
    Have you seen how soft some Toyo's are if you drive your car hard enough I reckon you could get that out of a set no problem
    Not Gone...just "busy"

Ward -

Compliance: CCC, ISO 9000, ISO 9001, DOT, ECE
    Though that's probably pretty questionable and they don't have ADR (ADR23) listed.
    ADR 2300
    Last edited by Jeev; 23-02-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast