User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    The thing with the rear (not sure if same with the front) is that the Whiteline sway bar is exactly the same width as the stock in terms of the bar itself, but because the blades where the end links mount too are thicker (wider) on the Whiteline bar than they are on the stock unit, it pushes the end links out on a slight angle. That's why the stockers tend to seize after a while.

The Moog are the same dimensions as the stockers, but as the knuckles are greasable they don't seize.

That's the theory anyway

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I have the Whiteline front an rear sway bars on my car. Haven't heard any knocking

Are they supposed to sit straight on the bar or it ok to have some angle?

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Hey guys - who do i go to for best pricing on whiteline rear sway bars?

Thought i found a great deal on eBay and at the last minute realised they were 22mm units.....eek! Dodged that bullet.

Their website has them at $300 odd + postage.

JBR's are 260 posted.....

I'd like to support australian but need to close the price gap to justify.

Cheers

Mat
    MRT performance have them for $295

http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/pro...226%26page%3D2

Quote Originally Posted by fiveight View Post
    Free postage too.

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I have the Whiteline front an rear sway bars on my car. Haven't heard any knocking

Are they supposed to sit straight on the bar or it ok to have some angle?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Don't see how the endlinks can sit straight with the width difference in sway bars. In the rear anyway. As mentioned, I don't know about the front.

For anyone wondering what the Moog rear endlinks look like, here's a pic. Moog on left. Standard OEM on the right

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

well got my front sway bar sorted....put stock front endlinks in and no a single noise since and i went for a decent drive...not as good as when i had the coilovers in but still awesome and a HUGEEE improvement over stock

Irks me that the yanks pay $207 for a 27mm white line rsb -we make the bloody things here and pay 30% moe - wtf?!

We don't make Whiteline here.
    They are made in Taiwan, just across the southern Chinese border.

Selby are made here.

So i'm way off on thinking they were an australian based company? no idea where the came from - i retract that part of my statement - but not the price difference! Lucky it's such a beautiful country we live in ;-)

9. Default

I had a good look at the whiteline RSB but ended up going with the JBR RSB as it had more stiffness settings than the whiteline (3 vs. 2).

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    So i'm way off on thinking they were an australian based company? no idea where the came from - i retract that part of my statement - but not the price difference! Lucky it's such a beautiful country we live in ;-)
    They are an Australian-run company. You're correct in that.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Similar story with DBA Brakes. We pay more for them than Americans do and they have Australia in their ****ing company name! And their patented technology is called "Kangaro Paw"

update: so after having the sway bar in 3 weeks i've succumbed to purchasing a set of Moog end links.

Week 1 was fine. But there was some squeeking as it settled in place.
    Week 2 all quiet, but then started to make some knocking noises. LHS tightened on the weekend. nut was physically loose despite having used Loctite on install.
    Week 3 exactly 5 days later, the knock returned with vengence. Could physically feel the LHS end link binding and knocking badly.

Caffeine Fiend was right, the way the swaybar forces the end links to splay puts them on an unhappy angle (which forces the nut loose) and they aren't free to go through their normal range of movement to lubricate (which causes them to bind).

Got a set of Moogs from RocketAuto.com for $85 bucks delivered. May have accidentally ordered two sets, trying to cancel one, but if I end up with two I'll have a set for sale. Will let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 21-09-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Default Re: Whiteline Rear Swaybar

OK cool, so I don't need to respond to your PM lol. Pretty certain I bought them from the same place, just couldn't remember

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Yeh all good, thanks Dan.

Hopefully solves the clunk. Must be getting old but it drives me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    got a set of moogs from rocketauto.com for $85 bucks delivered. May have accidentally ordered two sets, trying to cancel one, but if i end up with two i'll have a set for sale. Will let you know how it goes.
    dibs!
    Last edited by Reedy; 21-09-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Forum won't let me use all caps. Please read this post as if I said it in all caps

will keep you posted, @Reedy

I've just been through this thread, no one seems to have used the Whiteline Rear Sway bar links. I had my Whiteline RSB installed, with the Whiteline links, but had horrible clunking with the new links. I had the standard links put back in, and the clunks were gone!
    My mechanic seemed to think that the bolts on the Whiteline Rear Links were too skinny in diameter and were able to feely move around in the holes of the swaybar even under full tension. The Mazda end links have thicker diameter bolts, and as a result can't move around. My friend has a Mazda 3 SP23, and used the Whiteline links too (same part number as the MPS) and is also experiencing clunking. Thinking it's the same problem!

Has anyone else found this? Is this why no one has been using the Whiteline items?

*edit* apparently I was sent the wrong part by Whiteline originally. They have no updated the MPS links to have a 12mm bolt instead of 10mm. Hence the issue. My new links from Whiteline (free of charge!) are now in transit. Will wait and see if that changes things. Fingers crossed. I emailed them at 8.40am, got a call not even an hour later, and hopefully problem sorted. Extremely good customer service from them! If the problem is solved, I'll be extremely pleased.
    Last edited by zacman; 24-04-2013 at 10:27 AM.

I have whiteline on one of my cars. No problems what so ever. But the 10mm vs 12mm bolts can sometimes come up. Not common but it happens. Easy fix though.

Last edited by projectrracing; 24-04-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    *edit* apparently I was sent the wrong part by Whiteline originally. They have no updated the MPS links to have a 12mm bolt instead of 10mm. Hence the issue. My new links from Whiteline (free of charge!) are now in transit. Will wait and see if that changes things. Fingers crossed. I emailed them at 8.40am, got a call not even an hour later, and hopefully problem sorted. Extremely good customer service from them! If the problem is solved, I'll be extremely pleased.
    Have you had any issues since using the 12mm version?

Quote Originally Posted by dsn View Post
    Have you had any issues since using the 12mm version?
    Apologies for not updating this thread. Yes, I had the exact same issues with clunking in the rear end with both sets of Whiteline RSB links. Whiteline haven't given me an explanation either, and refused to help any further. Look elsewhere for sway bar links.
    My stock ones are back in the car and still going strong. I will probably just replace them with another set of 'stock' style links when they go.
    If I could live with the clunking over every single slight road deviation and turn, then I'd have kept them because the car felt really good on the stiffest setting. But loud clunking noises occurring constantly while driving is a bit much for someone driving their MPS everyday.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast