User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whiteline Rear Swaybar

1. Default

Thought I would post some pics up in the 6 to give an idea just how complicated it all is and to understand why the install and any fiddling with it is a bitch of a job

Heres the original sway bar

Heres where the end bit connects

here you can see it snaking and weaving its way between the components

Last edited by blackbetty; 26-02-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Holy shit!

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    ^^What brand bar is that Greg & what is delivery worth??

Just checked your site..im guessing Whiteline.
    Would there be much difference in the Whiteline (27mm), compared to the JBarone (32mm)??
    .. +1
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Hard to compare the 2, Whiteline is solid and JBarone is tubular so the diameters alone won't tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Hard to compare the 2, Whiteline is solid and JBarone is tubular so the diameters alone won't tell the whole story.
    And the Jbarone item is welded together, not 1 piece like the rest.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    And the Jbarone item is welded together, not 1 piece like the rest.
    Would you be more inclined to go with the Whiteline being a 1 piece unit?

I know the rear sway bar is the same for Gen 1 and Gen 2, but did you ask the sales dept why its not listed in their "Gen 2" section of the catelague? I just found that confusing cause obviously not all parts will fit perfectly on Gen 2 from a Gen 1..

Update on my one, the end link nuts have come loose a couple of times on me, support bushings are fine, it's just the end links that were giving me trouble. I've put a bit of Loctite on them now tho and that seems to have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    I know the rear sway bar is the same for Gen 1 and Gen 2, but did you ask the sales dept why its not listed in their "Gen 2" section of the catelague? I just found that confusing cause obviously not all parts will fit perfectly on Gen 2 from a Gen 1..
    Hello,

When the catalogue was made we had not at that stage approved and fitted a bar to the generation but we have updated the website as we can daily but as for the catalogues printed it will only be in newer versions.
    Also earlier some one asked what percentage the rear bar was over OE stock bar it is 38% or the OE Stock rear bar .

We hope this answers some questions and any futher queries email support@whiteline.com.au for prompt replies

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Update on my one, the end link nuts have come loose a couple of times on me, support bushings are fine, it's just the end links that were giving me trouble. I've put a bit of Loctite on them now tho and that seems to have worked.
    Hello,

The intructions we send do state to re- tension all parts after 100kms and they all should be done up at ride hieght not with suspension hanging as at times it will be not be tight when you drop the car back off the stands.

Loctite is good though nothing wrong there but we do state to re-tension as parts need to settle and sometimes the powder coat on the bars will come out from behind the nut.
    Good to hear they are ok now though.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Would you be more inclined to go with the Whiteline being a 1 piece unit?
    Yes, I'd go for a 1 piece item.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitelineJim View Post
    Hello,

The intructions we send do state to re- tension all parts after 100kms and they all should be done up at ride hieght not with suspension hanging as at times it will be not be tight when you drop the car back off the stands.

Loctite is good though nothing wrong there but we do state to re-tension as parts need to settle and sometimes the powder coat on the bars will come out from behind the nut.
    Good to hear they are ok now though.
    I did all that, installed the bar on ramps, re-tightened regularly etc and the nuts just wouldn't stick. Since i used the loctite tho ive done 1000k's without issue, and not exactly driving slowly either.

I'm heading to wakefield next week so will be better able to judge the handling improvements once I can really give it a proper thrash.

Also is that 38% stiffer on the hard or soft setting? I've tried both and I like the hard setting a LOT better.

I did all that, installed the bar on ramps, re-tightened regularly etc and the nuts just wouldn't stick. Since i used the loctite tho ive done 1000k's without issue, and not exactly driving slowly either.

I'm heading to wakefield next week so will be better able to judge the handling improvements once I can really give it a proper thrash.

Also is that 38% stiffer on the hard or soft setting? I've tried both and I like the hard setting a LOT better.
    Hi,

It would be great to hear some feedback at Wakefield as it is a track we often use for testing.

The 38% is actually meaning between the two holes and softer harder will increase or decrease that slightly from that.

13. Default

Jim mine is on the 2nd hole, so inside hole not outer hole .. on the MPS6 is this the more rigid setting ?

Yea thatll be the rigid setting.

Hit Wakefield park yesterday & can definitely say the swaybar has helped a lot. more front end grip in corners, less understeer and can get on the power much sooner than before. Definitely a worthwhile mod. Sharper turn-in combined with getting on the power earlier really does make a difference.

Whiteline BMR88Z fitted today . Exactly as Reedy had reviewed 30minutes to remove and replace (OEM 24mm . Whiteline 27mm) comes with urethane bushes ,lithium grease and latteral hold clamps .
    Got lucky ordered from local Repco and paid $215.00 plus $15.00 freight (BARGAIN) .
    Turn in to apex much better ,sharper and can now put power on much earlier ,minimal body roll .Very happy with results!!
    Compared Corksport,JBR ,whiteline b4 ordering and i preferred the single bar with NO welds .
    Last edited by Oldhead; 09-05-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Note: The MPS RSB is 24mm, I took a set of calipers to my OEM one last night. I think the standard Mazda3 has a 20mm one.

HAHAHA thanks Reedy , thats what u get when u read calipers with no glasses . 24mm is correct for oem.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Whiteline BMR88Z fitted today . Exactly as Reedy had reviewed 30minutes to remove and replace (OEM 24mm . Whiteline 27mm) comes with urethane bushes ,lithium grease and latteral hold clamps .
    Got lucky ordered from local Repco and paid $215.00 plus $15.00 freight (BARGAIN) .
    Turn in to apex much better ,sharper and can now put power on much earlier ,minimal body roll .Very happy with results!!
    Compared Corksport,JBR ,whiteline b4 ordering and i preferred the single bar with NO welds .

Thats a great price Oldhead...Ive got a JBR on its way $245 delivered. Its gotten great reviews on the US Forums, so i thought id give it a try.

Good to see AD07. JBR $255.00 delivered to Aust and with current Ausie dollar rate $245 is great.
    Let us know what u think when installed. I would suggest that the firmest position on JBR used with caution ,as it may well be too stiff for our shit roads.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast