User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine oil

Default Engine oil

I have been looking around the forum and can find plenty of talk about diff oil, but next to nothing about engine oil.

Anyway, I'm thinking of putting some performance oil in next service (30000) as my car has a pretty tough life - when i actually get a chance to drive it, it gets thoroughly driven - and i have no idea about the quality of the stuff mazda put in. I want to make sure it's getting the best lubrication and protection possible.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences (good or bad) with the various hi-po oils out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

I have been using Penrite 10w-40 full synthetic oil for the past 5,000km and have no issue.

EVERYDAY FULL SYNTHETIC 10W-40 - Penrite Oil

That reminds me that I'm due for engine change soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    That reminds me that I'm due for engine change soon!
    Ripping out the 2.3 and putting in a 6L V12? lol

Your changing oil after 5000?

4. Default

Motul oils

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    Motul oils
    Weight and viscosity?

I was going with Motul since there a Jap brand for a Jap car, but when i saw there prices i was turned off them, I manage to get ELF 5W-40 oil for about $45 for 5 litres and i love it no issues, ELF own renault and its what they use in the Megane 250 Cup Cars

On the topic of the oil's Mazda recommend 5.3 without Filter and 5.7 with but after i fill it up to there measurements i find that its always over the Full/Max marker on the dip stick, does anyone else have this???

Last time i change oil without Filter i put in 5 litres and was on the full line and seemed to run a little better.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

7. Default

Established in New York over 150 years ago in 1853, MOTUL had its roots in the whale-oil business, used for lanterns.
    Owned by the Rockefeller Group and operated as a subsidiary of Standard Oil Company, the company was later managed and run by Swan Finch and in 1919, came to known as the Swan Finch Company.
    1953 - the launch of the World's 1st Multigrade Motor Oil.
    1966 - the launch of the World's 1st Semi-Synthetic Motor Oil.
    1971 - the launch of the World's 1st 100% Synthetic Motor Oil.
    Motul 4100 Turbolight 10W40 $59.99 5L / $14.49 1L
    Motul 300V Chrono 10W40 $109.99 4L

All you will need is here

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

We carry the full range of Motul products even the NISMO racing fuilds. if you can't find it on our site PM me & I can send you the info & pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Ripping out the 2.3 and putting in a 6L V12? lol

Your changing oil after 5000?
    It would be nice if I could slam a V12 into the MPS! ! I blame Monday for a missing 'oil' word!

Yeah, I change the engine oil every 5000km ever since 60,000km.
    Addicted to Boost.

9. Default

I have a V12 5.7L @ the shop if you would like...

I have a spare back seat.....can I order that with my SRI?

Anyone know what the oil Mazda put in by default is like...because I just checked my last service bill and i got charged $105 for 5L? That's approaching the price of the Motul 300V 'CHRONO' race oil!

It's 5W-40 FULL synthetic.
    I used ROYAL PURPLE last oil change. Very expensive. $99.95 for 5 litres. Good stuff, but too expensive for me. Will be looking for a good race oil, for less money.

Unless you can find a race oil at trade I think expensive is the only way. The oil Mazda use is a special mix of Castrol edge but not worth its money I think apparently penrite have a new range coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Unless you can find a race oil at trade I think expensive is the only way. The oil Mazda use is a special mix of Castrol edge but not worth its money I think apparently penrite have a new range coming out.
    I dont really care about the price, bit if I have to pay it, I'd rather buy good oil than trust Mazda (which I find hard to do after the oil they use for the diff and past experience).

Anyway, thanks toe the replies everyone, some ideas out there now.

The first few services I had the dealer was using 10W-40 Valvoline Semi-Synthetic. Now when I go in for a service, I supply Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30

Semi synthetic is bad mmmkay. Lol
    I don't like Penrite. No reason. Maybe I might try Motul as mpsgarage suggested. Motul is race products

i use Castrol Edge 5w30 and take 6L if not a touch more, but standard MPS is around 5.7L

haven't had any problems and usually change at 5000km, have used K&N oil filter in the last 2 changes if that makes any differences

Ok just found this interesting article which backs up Grayj and unfortunately puts a downer on the motul oils, worth a look a say!

http://www.royalpurple.com.au/articl...supplement.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    Ok just found this interesting article which backs up Grayj and unfortunately puts a downer on the motul oils, worth a look a say!

http://www.royalpurple.com.au/articl...supplement.php
    VERY interesting. Looks like great oil costs an arm and a leg. Might have to continue using Royal Purple me thinks. Great find Duane. Well done!
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

I've always used castrol edge in my turbo cars, changed at 5000kms. Magnatec in the Mrs runarounds changed at 10000kms. Never had any problems and always run and lasted well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast