User Tag List

Thread: Carbon Fibre Grill, MPS6 or not?

Default Carbon Fibre Grill, MPS6 or not?

I am wanting to replace the front mazda grill to a carbon fiber one to give the MPS more of that "What was that...?!?"
    I have found this one selling out of Japan on ebay but I'm not sure if it will fit and the seller has no idea as I'm sure they sell 100's of these type of products.

CARBON FIBER 03-05 MAZDA6 M6 FRONT MESH GRILLE GRILL - eBay (item 250773607772 end time Feb-21-11 00:24:40 PST)

Any thoughts on if this would fit would be great

It wont fit!!! the Bottom centre section is too pointy

Plus if you check the compatability tool on Ebay it says it doesn't!!!

I thought it looked a bit different, but was not 100% sure

Does anybody know where I can get one from? even not carbon fibre is fine....

Try this:

http://www.thespeedline.us/servlet/t...n-Fiber/Detail

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: Read info below then, if interested click here; Ebay | Mazdaspeed6 grille

Yep you got it in one Dayne, the grille will not fit. The MPS grille is a different design and if you look its a twin layer (two horizontal panels) not just an outline type. I guess I can help on this topic as I've modified my grille as you have probably seen. This is personal preference but I prefer the look of mine over the CF having seen them both in person fitted. The reason is, I painted mine a metallic blue so the shine and sparkle is much more appealing that a typical Carbon Fibre part. To me its much more unique and slightly 'fresh' and 'new' CF is a typical after market part...BUT like I said personal preference.

A CF grille will cost you more, depending on where you look...a LOT more! The Link Dan attached seems probably the best deal on a CF grille.

You're other option is to get a fibreglass grille (looks like a plastic grille) which is the option I went for. Off memory it retailed for around $89USD. Since I like DIY jobs and wasting my time on weekends, some primer paint and some body paint (in my case metallic blue) I did consider metallic black, I thought blue for something different. It's only blue in the light (too dark at night it appears black)

For info it looks something like this...

The grille standard from ebay (black)

Primed and ready to paint

Painted with Mazdaspeed6 (also painted) logo

Offers a more aggressive look than the standard grille. Feedback I've got, some like it some don't at the end of the day its what you want. Does it turn heads....yes, but its hard to tell if that's the grille, wheels or noisy car...It definitely offers a different look anyhow. So CF or fibreglass are you options mate.

Hope that helps,
    (sorry, kind of thread hogged with images, just wanted to show various images for your information)
    Last edited by rogwick; 21-02-2011 at 11:16 AM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I didn't use this but this was the other design I had in mind

Yes....it was just a rough sketch! I wasn't going for an art award, just wanted to get it out my head and on paper

Same Grille as mine..................unfortuatley the local pannel shop near my work didnt do a very good job painting it (as its cracking)

So im gonna take mine off soon, strip the paint and re-do it myself in either black or a carbon fibre Vinyl wrap!!!

Did you pay around the same (give or take $100USD) for yours Dayne?

Lol it appears my paint skills is better than that paint shop you took yours to! Mine is fine! Looks the same as the day I painted it

You can buy carbon fibre DIY overlay kits and have a go yourself, they are real CF not the di-noc vinyl film.

Another option is to take the OEM grille out and paint it black. It gives you something a little different and retains the original lines of the car. I reckon it looks alright.

The CF grille insert at around $600 struck me as being a bit exy. I like ROG's solution and the price is way better. I've pondered about it but have wondered how a dark colour would go with the Liquid Silver bodywork. But I guess I could just paint it the same colour as the rest of the car and without the OEM logo that would simply enhance the stealth " was that?" aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    You can buy carbon fibre DIY overlay kits and have a go yourself, they are real CF not the di-noc vinyl film.

Ive seen this on Ebay............Looks easiliy enough to use...............has anyone on here tried it yet???

As pictures on Ebay just dont show enough for me!!!
    2006 MAZDA 6 MPS - LIQUID SILVER METALILIC - MILDLY MODDED FOR NOW.............

Saw a picture last night of someone who had fitted a standard 6 grill into an MPS6 (stupidly did not save the piuc or post it here)

It fits, but looks shite as the shape is different... :s

Will try to find the pic again and post it later tonite.

Chris.