User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumb question

There is a solution to this problem: RX8..........SP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own an RX-8. I have driven both an MPS3 and 6. Without a doubt our Turbo-charged cousins are capable of much more rapid acceleration (albeit more uncontrolled in the case of the 3), but an 8 will run rings around them when it comes to agility.

However I have found that, trying to be as unbiased as possible, at the end of the day the 8 is far more enjoyable to drive for me.

To try and voice it, when I drove an MPS3, is was without a doubt a fun torque-steered filled romp. But it felt like the the car was driving me. And I would not live with that as a car. I feel on the other hand that I drive the RX-8...if I tell it to take a corner, it will take it. If I put it into 2nd to overtake, the car will simply accelerate with a song, as opposed to an MPS3 where I would probably end up around a tree or off a cliff attempting the same.

The MPS6 is a different beast, smooth and stable, with a ton of go. I (not so) secretly wish I managed to convince the girlfriend to get one instead of the SP23

Anyway, you only notice the RX-8's lack of power when around other hoons. I leave all the other sheep for dead as I carve up traffic in my 8

And on another note...its nice that this hasn't turned into a Troll-Fest

SarcasticOne: nah, nathan would say "when i get sad, i stop being sad, and drive the RX8 instead, true story"

Nathan, in a MPS3 you dont need to go as low as 2nd gear to overtake fast, 3rd is best and in my case even 4th would do a pretty good job

Missed my point Alejandro

I didnt, I am only diverting it

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    There is a solution to this problem: RX8..........SP

Quoted for truth right there

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12