User Tag List

Thread: 2012 Mazda3 to get Skyactiv engine and gearbox

Default 2012 Mazda3 to get Skyactiv engine and gearbox

Filed under: Technology, Hatchback, Mazda, Canada

2012 Mazda3 SkyActiv - Click above to enlarge

Mazda has announced that the company will employ its new SkyActiv technologies in the 2012 Mazda3. The vehicle is set to debut at Toronto's upcoming Canadian International Auto Show, and it will boast the Japanese automaker's much gabbed-about SkyActiv-G gasoline four-cylinder engine and SkyActive-Drive gearbox.

Mazda says that the two new pieces of hardware should help the Mazda3 deliver more torque at mid-range engine speeds, and that the trick should be good enough to increase fuel economy along the way. As you may recall, the SkyActiv-G engine is a direct-injection design with a low-friction block to minimize mechanical drag.

This will mark the first time that either the new engine or the gearbox has ever been offered in a production vehicle, and the company's designers have thrown in a few exterior tweaks to mark the occasion. Buyers can look forward to slightly revised bumpers front and rear as well as new 16- and 17-inch wheels. The more efficient Mazda3 is expected to land in dealerships by the end of this year. Hit the jump for the full press release.

[Source: Mazda]Continue reading 2012 Mazda3 to get Skyactiv engine and gearbox

2012 Mazda3 to get Skyactiv engine and gearbox originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

engines are interesting, looks almost exactly the same body though... MPS/SP25 news?

Blog Entries

I just knew they'd town the grin down. I hope they do something good with the MPS and SP.

In addition to the new SKYACTIV engine and transmission offerings, the 2012 Mazda3 will receive new front and rear bumpers with a redesigned front grill, fog bezels and front headlamps. New 16- and 17-inch alloy wheels complete the 2012 exterior updates.
    Awesome....now they need white MPS...

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    I just knew they'd town the grin down.
    Not enough though

I dont think that is the final design of the car for 2012 update...

So we will have to wait and see what it really looks like..

Happy Motoring
    duglet