User Tag List

Thread: Urgent SOS to SA members

Default Urgent SOS to SA members

Hi everyone,

I am sending out an SOS to anyone in SA who has installed a cp-e CAI in a 6 mps and lives down south near Morphett Vale, I am having huge problems trying to install mine. If anyone can help please reply or PM me. My first problem was being unable to install the heat shield that came with the intake because there appears to be some cables/tube that is preventing me from bolting it to the chassis (air con??). My next problem is that I can't get it to line up with the tubo inlet pipe in a way that allows me to connect the vacuum hose (might be wrong terminology sorry - for those familiar with the cpe cai it's the short nipple connection at the top). Is there something I am supposed to remove that isn't in the instructions???

I leave interstate on Monday so am really hoping someone can help me on Sunday (wishful thinking I'm guessing!)

Cheers

Adam

Edit:

Ok so I finally managed to get the CAI to fit but without the heat shield in place which means the MAF sensor is bearing a bit of weight, I'm not too happy with this but it will have to do for now, still would love to know how other people with mazda 6 mps's managed to install the cp-e cai?
    Last edited by Fully6mps; 13-02-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Mate you are more than welcome to come see me at my place (Reynella East)

I installed my CPe CAI myself so I should be able to help

PM me or call me on 0424 569 739 for address.

Mark

Very tidy MPS Adam, cant believe your late 05 MPS only has 27000 0r so km's on it

Great to hear you will come on the cruise in March, hopefully by then all the new goodies would have arrived and been installed lol

Glad I could help, if you need anything for your car you know where I am

Mark

A HUGE thank you to Mark . Brilliant bloke, helped me get the shield on (or should I say he put it on while I watched lol) and even took the time to talk about his mods, show them to me and take me for a quick spin to see how his car sounds (sweet exhaust note!). Thanks heaps for making yourself available at such short notice.

I definitely owe you a drink after this one!

Cheers

Adam

No problems mate, great to have an another local member!