User Tag List

Thread: Hey guys! another 3MPS returing to the club with a new owner

Default Hey guys! another 3MPS returing to the club with a new owner

Hey all,

Though it was about time I posted here as the amount of information and support is incredible..

I looked up the parts that were on my beast and discovered that I bought my baby from a guy called crusher_13 from the ACT ^_^ Incredibly well looked after and still runs like a dream...

I do however have a question for you more mechanically minded guys, as I am an IT guy and really am only a driver after all..

There seems to be a screeching sound It only happens when cornering at say 50+kms and when I turn to the right.. But it is SOOO damned loud.. coming from the rear left of the car.. presumably it's got something to do with the rear left shock.. (Could possibly be the guard rubbing!!? but the guards have been rolled and this only started recently)

Recently it has started leaking and will be replaced as soon as these H&R's can be ordered in from Germany... But I just wanted to make sure that this would fix the noise.. I can't sleep at night.. it brings chills to me haha..

any ideas folks?

--Matt

Welcome.
    Is there plenty of rear pads? That's what I'd be checking first. As a mechanic by trade, it's hard to diagnose without viewing the car.
    Could be tyre noise.
    It's hard to say without hearing it first hand.
    Get into a workshop for some diagnosis I say.

I took it to a somewhat reputable garage.. they didn't seem to think it was the pads.. but they didn't think it was the shocks either.. which leaves me wondering what the heck would make it sound like that..

Check rubber for signs of rubbing, is the sound metallic grinding?
    Check guard, suspension etc for any signs of rubbing each other might be a good start.
    To TRY and rule out the pads try hosing them and take it for a quick spin, if its gone it may be the pads.

Im also in IT, any problems what so ever (with anything really) that I cant solve.. and I lose sleep!

to the forums, am glad to see the car staying in the family
    if you want to meet some of the fellow member in the forum, there is a cruise coming up your way in near future:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...er-valley.html

enjoy the forums
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get all ur mate to sit in the back and see if the sounds still there. if it is, put the spare ( space saver or a smaller rim in width) on and see if the sounds still there. Allways start with the easy stuff first
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 17-02-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Matt,

Congrats on your purchase!!! Sorry to hear about your car trouble!!! Unfortunately I have no advice - I know how drive it, wash it, check oil and water and change a tire and that's about it

I hope you get it sorted so you can get some sleep!!!!!

9. Default

Welcome Matt, glad to see Crushers car went to a good home, we were always a fan of the 'elusive' Crusher ninja car down here in the ACT

Welcome Matt! Enjoy the forum...heaps of great ppl and info here.