User Tag List

Thread: Suspension Worry

Question Suspension Worry

Hi guys,

I'm a bit concerned about an increasing amount of noise coming from the front (right hand?) side of the car. I'm fairly certain its the right hand side but I could be wrong.

Its pretty tough to describe the noise exactly but its kind of this one off thunk. It happens then its gone.

The noise is NOT constant and can be a bit tricky to replicate, however it seems to be happening more and becoming louder at the same time.

Mostly happens when coming into a driveway or going over a speed bump. It happens on both sides of the speed bump. Ie both on compression and extension of the suspension.

I'm going on a lot about the suspension but it may not be coming from there. Its just my gut feeling.

I've seen a few forums around this kind of thing but nothing souded exactly like what I'm experiencing.

Is this a normal thing in these cars or have I got a fault?

Any idea's or suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
    --josh

i have same noise. its most likely sway bar bolts that are lose. so it moves around a little. car is going in for 10,000km service next week they gonna check it out for me. 10,000km in 3 months. i gotta stop drving it so much.

I'll get in touch with Mazda next week and see what they say about it.

If its the loose bolts as you say it should be easily fixed under warranty. Otherwise I might just bite the bullet and go for the COBB sway bar kit. Was thinking about it anyway

The sound is most likely coming from the swaybar end-links.. Very common...

I have the same sound, going up drive ways & turning corners, don't know what it is but it's been there for a long time.

is it a clicking noise?
    I get a clicky sort of noise when the weight transfers off the front when getting on it...

7. Default

You might want to check to see if it's the flat undertray that sits under the engine bay. I had a weired noise from the front and jacked the car up for a look. The back bracket on the left and right holding the undertray panel had snapped off and the undertray was flapping around.

Ordered a replacement panel - circa 270ish - arrives tomorrow.