User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mazda's newest HOT HATCH weighs in

Here,here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    Waterpump? Never had any problems with mine.
    Turbo seals, only heard of one problem with them and that was when someone started fiddling with exhausts and pressures etc.
    Shocks, no problem I'm aware of.
    Engine mount, was purely a shorter bolt, but yeah, that was a potential nasty one there.
    As for etc etc, if there was more details, I'd like to know.

I don't mind the torque steer as it's manageable. It's purely a sign that the car is putting out all the power it needs to jiffle itself along faster, and I like that!
    Waterpump - roll call people, there's quite a few who have had it done
    Turbo Seals - again, quite a few who have a new turbo, even with stock intake/exhaust
    Shocks - 10,000km is the worst I've heard, plenty have had rears replaced
    Engine Mount -this was so bad they recalled it.

Etc etc...well...

Loose rear suspension - usually gets tightened if you flag it at service time
    Warped discs - pretty common warranty replacement

Others can feel free to add more.

Don't get me wrong, I reckon they're a great car and I've been lucky enough to get a great one (highest stock dyno power figure anyone has ever seen and tight as a drum), but some of the earlier ones did have issues.

And I love the torque steer, makes it fun to drive!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic3MPS View Post
    Well, as far as I am concerned I am defending the 3MPS in it's own right. Has it not been kicking the living shiite out of all of the other hatches for some time now, topping the list for handling, quality and performance? I have no idea what you are on about, if you think it is crap then get rid of yours (or don't get one if you don't have one) and move on. Do you own one? Problem is the evidence is that this an all round good car when stacked up against everything else out there. You don't know me from a bar of soap pal so don't presume to understand my motivations. I am just sick and tired of going on to Mazda forums just to listen to whingers bag a car that is a proven standout in the market.

I think it's quite clear that I don't own a MPS, it says that under my avatar.

I don't know you, and nor am I judging you or your car, or even MPS as a whole.

It is a Forum, ie... various people post their opinions and discussions evolve from there.... If this is bothering you so much, I suggest you take a chill pill, or don't go on forums. Telling them to "Harden the F up" pointless really.

And since you brought it up.......... yes, MPS are (or were) class leading in terms of power, especially for the FWD's. As for the handling and build quality, well that is subjective. But IMO...... No, they are not class leading in that respect.

Now, no doubt you can start showing reviews that say the MPS is great, and I'll could then post some that said the MPS is disappointing, and it can go on and on like Commonwhore owners about Falcons, but lets face it, as I eluded to in my earlier post, we defend our cars because we have made an investment, and will defend that decision, right or wrong.
    Last edited by ChaMPS; 27-02-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Well....to answer all your questions.

And personally I dont like the car.

The best all-rounder is the Golf GTI

I dont think it matters whether you own a MPS, XR5 or a VXR.

The common interest is hot hatches.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

5. Default

So you're not judging me? Then what was all that crap about how I thnk my car is the best because of what I spent etc etc? You are right this is a forum and we can put our opinions out there. This is a MAZDA forum and more specifically an MPS forum right? I personally have a broad taste in cars and really love the MPS but if I had the money . . . well GT-R springs to mind. But I am here as a Mazda owner who wants to spend time with other enthusiasts sharing a common interest. Why not take your lovely XR5 and park it somewhere with other lovely XR5 owners and you can all have fun bagging the MPS together. I have taken a look at some of your other posts and you are just using this forum as an opportunity to snipe at our cars. You use terms like 'puke' and 'ugly' to describe these cars so you must be permanently ill. Why not go recover on a Ford forum. And for the record, come on, my cement comment was a bit amusing (or at least had a little more zing to it than 'I suggest you take a chill pill')
    Last edited by Cosmic3MPS; 27-02-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Ha... I'm here by express invitation by one of your almighty leaders.... and I'm a paid member..... so I am not going anywhere.

I don't bag MPS. I still don't like the look of the New MPS... I have made no secret of that fact.
    I didn't like the LV XR5 either, but it grows on you.

I thought my point was clear, but I will try for a third and final time.....

A person (not Cosmic3MPS cause he may get all bent out of shape) who owns a car (not a MPS so I cant get accused of bashing them) who has spent their hard earned money on a car (not MPS) and has done further mods, will inevitably defend that said car, regardless if they are wrong or right. That's it for my point. Nothing to do with you or your car.

I have never actually driven a MPS, so while I might throw a "Torque Steer" comment out there to stir a MPS owner every now and then, I can't seriously comment, however, I have read/heard so many comments about it, be that car journalists or owners themselves, that I tend to believe there is an issue.

Therefore, your comment that it's not true doesn't hold weight against all those that say otherwise, and illustrates my point above. That was all I was saying.

7. Default

My comment as someone who owns an MPS is that the torque steer thing is hyped out of all proportion. The first thing those with a taste for it do when they climb in to one of these is turn the traction control off (that's what the button is there for). Mama, that's where the fun is! If you don't like torque steer, leave the DSC on, simple isn't it? If you are complaining about torque steer with DSC engaged I think it is in your imagination. So once again you have missed the mark in terms of what I said and what I intended. As for your invitation we all know Doug to be a man of impeccably poor taste (his car is that loud blue colour or didn't you notice). So I don't think your appeal to Caesar carries much weight
    Last edited by Cosmic3MPS; 27-02-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Well I don't mind the new look of the MPS....

but what is missing is a MPS 2....

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    Well I don't mind the new look of the MPS....

but what is missing is a MPS 2....
    Those MPS2 suckers will rip your arms right out of their sockets and rape your grandmother

a 3dr with all discs 6spd manual 980kgs and 130kW now that would be a hot hatch....team green would have to move over...

11. Default

Any idea on RRP $ for the new one?

Blog Entries

Photos and official press release is up.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/mazda...s-release.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic3MPS View Post
    My comment as someone who owns an MPS is that the torque steer thing is hyped out of all proportion....If you don't like torque steer, leave the DSC on, simple isn't it? If you are complaining about torque steer with DSC engaged I think it is in your imagination....
    Agreed absolutely. The word on the new MPS having less torque steer seems mostly hype. It's EXACTLY the same sell as the measures the previous model put in place. Nothing new, but perhaps slightly improved.

I have never noticed a torque steer problem because I don't drive around with the DSC off all the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123