User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My entry for the show and shine

Default My entry for the show and shine

I handed over my car to Dan (Caffeine Fiend) yesterday to do his magic on it.

My carport maybe not the best place to take photos but here are the results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0728.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	7483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0718.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	7482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0717.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	7481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0737.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	7480Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0704.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	7479

Could not be happier with the results. The car has never been this shiny and smooth.

thanks Dan.

Looking good, yeh the carport didn't help.... Stilling waiting for my call to see when Dan is doing mine

3. Default

Looks great Peter, Dan is certainly passionate about getting the best out of the Gen2s good on you guys

Looks the goods mate. Maybe I've been living under a rock but I haven't seen an MPS this colour before. Nice.

Glad you're happy with the job Pete. Thankyou for trusting me with your beast

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Looks great Peter, Dan is certainly passionate about getting the best out of the Gen2s good on you guys
    Any car really Melski. Will be doing Fats' 6 in the near future (when we organise it). That red should come up an absolute treat

Rino, you need to get your butt to Vic

Joel, the colour is Celestial Blue, and I must admit it's really grown on me. Was saying to Pete yesterday when he came to pick up his car that while polishing it, I'd step back a bit, admire the paint and then move on

I still need to organise some polishing pads off you. I've also got to stock back up on other supplies, so I'll be in touch during the week

Dan

Ps. If any other Vic members want exterior detailing done, whether MPSs or otherwise, brand new or several years old, drop me a PM. Cash in hand only though. Mr taxman gets enough out of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Nice Body rub there Dan. How much is your fee for a good rub?

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Nice Body rub there Dan. How much is your fee for a good rub?
    $150-$200 for a full day exterior only detail with guaranteed happy ending

Involves wash, claybar if necessary, minor scratch and blemish removal, polish, and silicon protectant

Can also do the Prima paint protection process which adds a day (Ie car is required overnight) and an extra $100

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Ok. .... Hmm wil be hearing form me danski

9. Default

after I get my front end resprayed i will need stuff done to it again wont I ?

Ok. .... Hmm wil be hearing form me danski
    Trip to Melb on the cards Luke?

after I get my front end resprayed i will need stuff done to it again wont I ?
    You could probably benefit from a claybar to remove any overspray Melski. Once the claybar is done it should be straight forward to polish up.

Edit. Forgot to mention though that you should leave it for a period before doing anything so the paint/clear coat can cure fully. I think about a week should do it. Someone more knowledgeable on painting Ie Seaton may like to correct me here on the timeframe if I'm wrong

yeah will come down one weekend. If Kiti and i cook will u do it for $100
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 13-02-2011 at 03:14 PM.

yeah will come down one weekend. If Kiti and i cook will u do it for $100
    Pm me when you're planning it

Looks awesome Pete , generally I normally get told how clean my car is and how I'm pedantic but having Dan's MPS at Car Washes makes mine look below standard, plus his a great database of knowledge for cleaning products and how to work them .

Thanks for the kid words James

I've had a lot of help though from people like Joel at ZAS, and other detailers etc. It's more stubborn perfectionism on my part than anything else

Dan

Need somebody in Brisbane who can do this!!

Dan is certainly passionate about getting the best out of the Gen2s good on you guys
    It is not just GEN2, he appears to have taken a liking to this detailing thing.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Maybe I've been living under a rock but I haven't seen an MPS this colour before. Nice.
    There is not a lot of them around, it is the love or hate colour of the GEN 2 range.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    his a great database of knowledge for cleaning products and how to work them .
    yeah i know he was telling me about what he was going to do, it just went straight over the top my head.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    Need somebody in Brisbane who can do this!!
    I thought there was or there is about two that I think could.

Seeing yet another car done with the ZAS paint protection process makes me realise I should have used mine by now!!! Good job Dan, looks great Peter

First Postie's (Emo), then Dan's (Aluminium), now Peter's (Celestial blue) - think VR needs a turn
    Last edited by Leelu; 13-02-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks Linda.

Pete's car didn't undergo the full paint protection process. It's had a fairly extensive detail though.

The finish is the same, at least in the short term. The clear coat is in much better condition, in that most of the light scratching and blemishes have been eradicated, and the layers of Amigo and Hydro will give "some" protection. Just not the longer term protection you get from a protectant like Prima Epic, which, when applied in multiple layers and looked after, can be measured in months as opposed to weeks.

Dan

Here are some before and after photos:

Roofline before. As you can see, lots of blemishes in the clear from tree sap, water residue etc

Roofline After:

Bonnet before. Same story as roof. Much of the sap in particular was starting to eat its way into the clear:

Bonnet After. Sap removed and clear coat restored:

Left side. Lots of road tar that required removing. Also note white mark on bottom of rear door. At some point the car must have hit some white road paint. This was also spattered on the side skirt just behind the front wheel:

Left side after. Tar and white road paint removed. Smooth glassy finish restored to clear:

Driver's door handle before. Lots of ring scuffs/scratches and dirt starting to ingrain. If you look closely at the door handle itself, you can all see a good example of what the water marking in the clear was like (small dark circles etched in the clear). This was all across the car.

Driver's door after. All but deepest scratching removed. Water marks gone.

Right side rear quarter After. Didn't get a 'before' shot, but some fairly deep spider web scratching that required removal:

Overall finish:
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 14-02-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast