User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be MPS owner!

Default Soon to be MPS owner!

Morning fellow forumites, Im pleased to say I should be purchasing my first MPS this weekend (hopefully).

I come from a bit of a motorsport background - karting, formula ford etc, and until recently have been heavily involved in 4wding - predominantly rock crawling based stuff.

Although with the crapping out of my 4wd I was in the market for a bit more luxury and fun to drive daily to work, and with that in mind remembered driving the old man's MPS 6 and brother in laws MPS 3 when they had them and thought why not!

Forum looks to be full of information which no doubt ill be trawling through and hopefully in the future get to catch up with a few like minded people!

Take it easy!
    Jarryd

2. Default

Welcome Jarryd.

What MPS did you end up getting ?

You have loads of great forum members over there in WA your very lucky

Glad to have you here

Hey Jarryd and welcome!

You just missed on the Perth boys cruise this weekend. Perhaps next time you can join us if you like! Post up some pics when you pick up your car!

Thanks guys, 'tis a 06 MPS 6, with the leather etc etc with relatively low km's (<80,000) so pretty happy.

Just flicking through some members rides and fark me some nice looking cars getting around. Will see how long it lasts before i feel the need to modify mine...

Congrats mate and welcome, such a fine beast you have got yourself, what colour?

Welcome to the forum Jarryd and enjoy the new ride .

Nice, 06 was a good year

Same as mine (minus the leather etc) I have the light-weight spec

Welcome to check out my thread if you like (just click the yellow RR on my sig) to give you some idea on mods.

You're welcome to catch up with us or join us on a cruise and see the mods at work. That might help you decide whether or not to modify.

If anything, I recommend lowering...probably the biggest noticeable difference in my ride. The rest is just power, cosmetic or "I'm bored"

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Italsistem View Post
    Thanks guys, 'tis a 06 MPS 6, with the leather etc etc with relatively low km's (<80,000) so pretty happy.

Just flicking through some members rides and fark me some nice looking cars getting around. Will see how long it lasts before i feel the need to modify mine...
    if you're a part of this forum, probably not very long
    to ozmps
    glad to see perth is sticking with the whole 6mps thing, would hate for there to be some variety over there
    lots of fantastic information here, and a great community
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Congrats mate and welcome, such a fine beast you have got yourself, what colour?
    Thanks, it is what I would term a silver but probably a light grey (insert fancy car manufacturer jargon here)

Welcome Jarryd.

Let us know when you pick up the beast.
    The fancy car manufacturer jargon may be Anthracite, but I stand to be corrected. (It may also be arachnophobe, I always get those two confused).
    We'll be having another club do before too long so hopefully we'll all catch up then.
    Have fun, and please don't vote for Rob Johnston (seeing as though you're a Hillary's lad).

Cheers mate, As for picking it up, hopefully will be tomorrow night, as soon as I get it I'll be sure to whack up some photos..

As for Rob Johnson, no worries there mate. Definately not a fan! ha

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase Look forward to seeing the pics when you drag yourself away from the fun of driving your new beast

Well went and looked at my new baby tonight, absolutely stoked. Ill be the third owner, previous owner has only put 2000kms on it in 16 months hence the sale. The thing is practically brand new!!! Scored a new set of tyres on it and 12 months rego too!

An absolute delight to drive!
    Will be picking it up tomorrow night! Will post pics when I have it...cannot wait!

Lol...good luck sleeping tonight...you're like a kid on Christmas eve!

Ok slight spanner in the works, fella Im buying it off didnt get a chance to sort out his personal plates swap for regular ones today...so another night of no sleep waiting until i can pick it up tomorrow!

Hope to hear from you tomorrow, Jarryd.

...Booo

i have it, and the smile cannot be wiped from my face. Well that is until a P plater in a hektik commonwhore decides to let his foot slip and drive into the back of my new pride and joy *rage face* luckily it is the tiniest tiniest scratch, but still doesnt detract from how angry I am.

Guess I will just have to drive it more to put the smile back on my face. Now i can see why you guys love these things so much!

I would be pissed if that happened to me!! can't trust those commonwhore drivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast