User Tag List

Thread: Interesting Letter from Mazda

Default Interesting Letter from Mazda

Well I checked the mail when I got home today, and lo'an'behold what do I find but a letter from Mazda New Zealand.

I found this weird because I purchased my car used from a non-brand used car dealer. I've had nothing to do with Mazda dealerships.

Anyhow here's part of what it said...

Dear Mr Darkness

Mazda Motor Corporation has advised of a Special Service Programme affecting certain Mazda Axela, and Premacy, imported vehicles. Our records show that you are the owner of one of the affected vehicles (Registration BLAH)

Nature of Concern

Contamination from a manufacturing process may cause the power steering pump to overheat resulting in the intermittent loss of steering assistance and or illumination of the power steering malfunction indicator lamp. It is important to note the steering functionality is maintained at all times, however at low speed increased effort on behalf of the driver will be required to steer the vehicle
    It goes on to say that I should contact a local Mazda dealer to arrange the work to fix it. At their charge for parts and labour.

So I thought it was kinda cool that even though I've had no dealings with Mazda, they will still fix it for free. I'll have to organise getting it checked out, I've experienced no issues so far.

(For those that don't know, the Mazda 3 is branded as the Axela in Japan. Hence mine being a Mazdaspeed Axela rather than MPS.)
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Interesting...applies to Aussie cars as well?

Very interesting!

4. Default

curious what year is your car ?

Mines an 07 gen 1.

If it's a Safety Recall or can end in legal proceedings for Mazda, all they need to do is take the VIN range and they can easily track the owner of the vehicle. It's all about liability

As long as they are doing it for free, I don't mind. Will get onto it after my trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    If it's a Safety Recall or can end in legal proceedings for Mazda, all they need to do is take the VIN range and they can easily track the owner of the vehicle. It's all about liability
    Well done, Jeev. You know how the dealerships work. Now you know too much. I may have to kill you now.
    Lmao
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

I read about that issue a while back. Mazda didn't recall because steering is still maintained, it just gets heavy.

I got a letter from my local Mazda stating there was a "NEW TECHNICAL UPGRADE" for my '10 MPS to "UPGRADE" the powersteering pump...

I need to take it back anyways, my Drivers seat has a tear in the "leather" near the memory buttons :/