User Tag List

Thread: Fuel just get's better with age

Default Fuel just get's better with age

Ok for the last 4 to 5 weeks since my last service my fuel economy just gets better, but I must admit that my work route has changed but I do get caught up in more peak hour traffic than before ????? I travel exactly 100.4k's from home to work compared to the previous 50k's, out of those k's I'm stuck in traffic for 30 to 40k's crawling. So this week I drove the car like normal to work and had a play here and there so to speak and my result was as per attachment...

Travelled 568.2K's and only took 48.03 to 3 or 4 clicks and slowly topped it up to the brim and rounded it of to $72
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130517.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	7434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130512.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	7435  
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

What do you drive like on a typical day Rino? Put you foot down much? What sort of speed limits (cruising)
    I'm getting roughly 450km to the last quarter (I always keep a quarter of a tank in case something happens and I need to be somewhere in a hurry)
    That's in heavy traffic (work in the middle of the city pretty much) and I give it a bootful quite often
    The MPS6 is capable of over 600km on an open road. I'm lucky to get 250km on the bike though!

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    What do you drive like on a typical day Rino? Put you foot down much? What sort of speed limits (cruising)
    I'm getting roughly 450km to the last quarter (I always keep a quarter of a tank in case something happens and I need to be somewhere in a hurry)
    That's in heavy traffic (work in the middle of the city pretty much) and I give it a bootful quite often
    The MPS6 is capable of over 600km on an open road. I'm lucky to get 250km on the bike though!
    Andre I do drive sensible most of the time
    I do put my foot down now and then. " But I never trush my car " I have taken it through Gap Creek Road home 3 times this week with a lot of bends and stop starts with the 20 to 30k speed bumps
    Any where from standing still to 110k's I spend most of my 45 to 50 mins of travel in traffic say 20 to 30mins stop/start.

I have achieved 629k's with 3 people and fully loaded car coming back from Bathurst last year and only took 49.3 ltrs
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

That's not bad. Makes a big difference how you drive a car and what traffic is like. Not sure I've completely granny driven a single tank since I got mine. I try go easy most of the time (like you) but every now and then I put my foot down, same case with the bike. On the CBR I only really need quick shifts at 4-5,000RPM to leave general traffic behind, but its nice to hear the Honda sing at 10,000+RPM every once a while! I did yesterday on the way home from work and I saw a newish Ford with lights on (looked like a falcon from my mirrors) speed up behind me after I backed off...here we go...I'm in trouble (thinking cop) it was a dude in a XR6 turbo ute who wanted to prove a point....not entirely sure what the point was but anyway, glad it wasn't who I thought it was!

I hit 890km and still going in my Mazda 6 Luxury (Petrol)

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I get around 400km to a tank - City cycle. That is, Coorparoo --> City 5 days a week. Average speed = 20-30km/hr. Alot of stop/start. Story Bridge, Ann St, etc, and in the afternoon Shafeston Ave.

I get 650+km on highway cycle, thats giving it bootfulls when overtaking etc... (ie. comfortably from Brisbane to Rockhampton) and thats with the Kangan Range and Apple Tree Creek range...