User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New MPS6 owner here!

Default New MPS6 owner here!

Hello everyone! Just picked up my dark greyish 6 MPS last week and thoroughly enjoying it at the moment!!

Actually came from an EVO 7 and yes, both cars are extremely different but the MPS seems like a much more mature car stock for stock, which was what I was after!

One issue with my particular car is I have a fair few stone chips in the bonnet, I saw that MPS Garage have a carbon fiber bonnet for sale with the scoop and all, do you guys think it would be worth my while buying the carbon fiber or just respray the old one?

Also, being from the Hills District I am quite close to a petrol station that sells 100 RON fuel, obviously its a mixture of 98 mixed with a percentage of ethanol to boost the octane, would this be a suitable fuel for my car?

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide me! I really want to enjoy this car for many many years and I know I will learn a thing or 200 about these cool cars here!!

Patrick

2. Default

Welcome along with your MPS6, must be quite different to the evo, more 'still' and more refined

Personally, as Im not a carbon fibre type of person, I would just get your bonnet resprayed.

Post up some pics of your car, is it all stock stock rims etc ?

Be sure to keep an eye out on the cruise section and come along and meet us sometime
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

to the forums
    With the bonnet, the only practical reason I can see for getting it is if you get an aftermarket tmic...
    Looks wise, it's your choice

100 ron isn't worth it unless your car is tuned to run on it, but that brings it's own issues when you aren't near a servo that sells it

Hope youre enjoying your car, and that you enjoy the forums
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Welcome to the forum!

Save the money on the CF bonnet! Spend the money on a down-pipe instead!

Welcome to the forum, can't wait for pics.
    Seems to be an influx of 6's joining recently.

Can't see the point or value to a carbon bonnet. Definitely not at the price. I would rather just paint the bonnet.
    But the looks is a matter of opinion, so up to you on that one

100ron fuel, also don't see the point unless your car is tuned for it. Just a cash grab from the fuel company
    95 or 98 will do just fine

Welcome Mpspa7.

My Radiant Ebony MPS6 has the same stone-attracting qualities as yours. I touched them up, then bought a clear acrylic bonnet protector from Mazda. Looks a bit like what Uncle Arthur would put on his Toyota Avalon, but it works a treat. About $125 new.
    You may have to look a bit to find a proper MPS one, but they do exist in a parts bin somewhere in Melbourne.

Have a great time with your ride. You'll pick up all kinds of info here, and probably a good buy or two if you keep your eyes open.

Welcome Patrick

The main reason to consider CF hood is the weight saving. I'm not sure how much weight saving there is but I still don't think it justifies the price.
    As mentioned above, use that cash and put it towards suspension or performance as you will have more fun. Unless you loaded...then do whatever you want! haha
    ....Not many members have gone with a CF hood on a 6 from what I've seen on here, so if you wanna be different and you got the cash its honestly up to you.
    You would have to paint it though, a CF bonnet on a 6MPS would look awful I reckon

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Gee wiz this is a fantastic community! Thank you ALL for the really quick, informative and welcoming replies!

It seems as it the main consensus is to just respray, which I am actually quite happy with, I am thinking the CF bonnet will look daggy on the car but it looks as if it will draw more cool air to the intercooler under boost. I might actually have a look at this clear acrylic bonnet protector, as I have more stone chips than a cavemans computer! HAHAHA

I remember when I had the EVO 7 (which was tuned from the factory to run on 100 RON) I would constantly fill up with the 100 octane and I would watch the price stay the same, It was something like 142.9 a litre EVERY SINGLE TIME that I went there, and I remember hearing ethanol at this level cleans your injectors. If only that V power stuff was still around...

My car is not bone stock as it has dealer fitted 'sports exhaust', tint, AUX input into the sound system and the weather shields on the 2 front windows. I will attach a link to this post to a youtube video of my car if you guys would like to have a look!

As i said, thank you all soo much and I do plan to keep my eye out for the cruises in my area! Everyone here seems mature and willing to help a noobie out! Thanks again!!

YouTube - My Almost Stock Mazda 6 MPS

welcome mate,looks like it's in top nick,looks good!

Careful with the tuned for 100ron hap import thing.
    Not quite true. The conversion to Australia spec numbers is not 100.
    Even though my GTi-R was tuned for 100 jap spec fuel, ran beautifully on 95. And felt little difference with 98.
    So be careful when comparing octave ratings from different countries

Geez man...you could have combed you hair

I like when you enter you car (with camera), the music sounds like a shopping mall...very relaxing, I wanted to take a comfortable seat until my head hit my monitor

Sure mate, big +1 for attending cruises and getting out and meeting folks. We're a pretty easy going bunch.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Hmmm.... That MPS looks very familiar...

Did you bought it from a bloke by the name James also from the Hill District and works in Crows Nest area? Probably has over 100,000km on the clock now?

Thanks everyone for watching and replying once again!

Wow I really didn't know that the Japan RON number weren't exactly 1 to 1 to the fuels we have in Australia, looks like its Caltex 98 for me! (I work at woolies and get the 4 cents off per litre )

The reason for my hair was that I'm still pretty young! And that is the fashion nowadays! I actually turn 21 this month so it is my birthday present, not a bad gift even though I paid for most of it, oh well, best money ever spent I believe, the car feels like a much better package (sporty with luxury) than anything else I have ever driven!

And YES! you're onto me now! Yea I had bought it off Jamie, he was a pleasure to deal with and welcome to help me with any questions I had about the car, and I needed all the help I could get being my first 'private seller purchase'. I believe it all went off without a hitch!

Thanks again everyone for the interest!

Quote Originally Posted by mpspa7 View Post
    Gee wiz this is a fantastic community! Thank you ALL for the really quick, informative and welcoming replies!

It seems as it the main consensus is to just respray, which I am actually quite happy with, I am thinking the CF bonnet will look daggy on the car but it looks as if it will draw more cool air to the intercooler under boost. I might actually have a look at this clear acrylic bonnet protector, as I have more stone chips than a cavemans computer! HAHAHA

I remember when I had the EVO 7 (which was tuned from the factory to run on 100 RON) I would constantly fill up with the 100 octane and I would watch the price stay the same, It was something like 142.9 a litre EVERY SINGLE TIME that I went there, and I remember hearing ethanol at this level cleans your injectors. If only that V power stuff was still around...

My car is not bone stock as it has dealer fitted 'sports exhaust', tint, AUX input into the sound system and the weather shields on the 2 front windows. I will attach a link to this post to a youtube video of my car if you guys would like to have a look!

As i said, thank you all soo much and I do plan to keep my eye out for the cruises in my area!
    looks like a good car
    and (almost) everyone here is helpful, we enjoy our cars and our forum
    Everyone here seems mature
    er... glad we give that impression
    you havent read the cruises section yet, have you?
    and willing to help a noobie out! Thanks again!!
    no problems
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 08-02-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

welcome fellow 6 owner!!!

Enjoy your stay and let the Modding begin!!!

Oh I too am Planning a few Carbon Fibre trick bits.........................Bonnet & extras!!!

Perhaps I can send you a comb for your brithday Haha, I'm just messing with you mate, I look like a rag today (motorcycle helmet) and on a usual day you'll find me with a Mohawk (sort of)

Very nice present indeed. Are you thinking mods at your young age?

Welcome, Nice ride i like the almost stock part . Soon to be modded out .. I also work for Woolworths massive 4 c a litre for me too

enjoy ur ride
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Welcome! I'd forget about the expensive CF bonnet and save your money for meaningful mods. The weight saving will mean SFA in day to day use, and you'll probably add as much in other kit later as you will save on the bonnet. If you wanted lightness above all else then it would make sense to go CF all round, not a cheap exercise, and only justified for track use, I reckon. Then you'd have to strip out all the interior trim and seats, stiffen the suspension, lighten the rims...and so on. I doubt that is what you want to do, seeing your comments about the switch from the EVO.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Or you could try Rogwicks stage 1 weight reduction lol. 40kgs haha!

And YES! you're onto me now! Yea I had bought it off Jamie, he was a pleasure to deal with and welcome to help me with any questions I had about the car, and I needed all the help I could get being my first 'private seller purchase'. I believe it all went off without a hitch!
    I test drove that MPS before getting mine! Met Jamie (that's his name!) at his work in Crows Nest. Took it around the block for a spin. I recall telling him that his MPS has a distinct exhaust tone and has a nice deep purr at idle. Very nice!
    The only thing that turn me away from his MPS is the stone chips on the bonnet and the price he wanted back then. It's crazy what driving daily on M2 does to your car!

So now I know why you wanted the CF bonnet now! lol! It would drive me nuts looking at the stone chips every day!

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Or you could try Rogwicks stage 1 weight reduction lol. 40kgs haha!
    Judging the reflection of mpspa7 from the Youtube video... He can't afford Rogwicks Stage 1 weight reduction. He will be left with skin & bones! lol!
    Last edited by Onyx; 08-02-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    Addicted to Boost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast