User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! From people of Perth especially...

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Bad experience I take it?
    Yep and I'm still trying to resolve it I had VVT actuator replaced and no change with the dodgy noises coming from engine on start-up (diesel rattle for half a second) and during general driving (higher pitched rattle different to diesel rattle on startup- I've heard this higher pitched rattle coming from three other MPS's too).

Anyway committed to it now so will see how this plays out.

good luck

Hi guys, we test drove the SP25 on the weekend, and whilst it is a fairly zippy drive, boot space is an issue...it became more apparent when we bought a pram and bassinet and only managed to fit it in my 6 MPS with not much room to spare! So we've decided to go back to square one and just swap cars, and buy a bigger car when we're planning for a second child. Whilst we're happy with the decision, as that means that we can keep the MX-5 for a bit longer, we're still stuck with the problem of the clutch. So looks like I'll just have to pick a random mechanic from the Yellow Pages and hope for the best...unless someone out there has got a recommendation for me, I'm all ears...

Btw, Toddy, hope you weren't too affected by the bushfires, with Huntingdale being not that far away from Kelmscott...

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Oh, forgot to mention, funnily enough, my wife also considered the 3 MPS for a brief moment... Practicality then got the better of us, but I would've never thought that she would even think about it, let alone consider it "Damn cool..." (in her words)

I would definitely ask a car mechanic to adjust your clutch pedal. All he/she needs to do is alter the actuating rod adjustment so the clutch bites lower down. Once that is done he just needs to adjust the pedal itself to take up the free play without the pedal pressing on the actuating rod when it is at rest. A half competent mechanic will check for Clutch slip or drag. Yes it is just as heavy but far more comfortable for the left leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Q-ship View Post
    We're still stuck with the problem of the clutch. So looks like I'll just have to pick a random mechanic from the Yellow Pages and hope for the best...unless someone out there has got a recommendation for me, I'm all ears...

Btw, Toddy, hope you weren't too affected by the bushfires, with Huntingdale being not that far away from Kelmscott...
    I certainly hope Toddy was ok too considering I live in between Toddy's and Kelmscott! My GF lives in Kelmscott and is all good, around 64 houses/schools etc lost I heard.

I can recommend a good mechanic, however I'm not sure about adjusting the clutch as its a special and uncommon request? Can only ask the question over the phone and see what he says. I also think there may be limited adjustments that could be make to make it lighter, in saying that I've never tinkered with mine so I wouldn't know 100% on it. I don't actually find the clutch hard at all to be honest. My pulsar had a hard clutch cause it was clutch cable and was full of gunk, solution, new clutch cable.

Perhaps catch up with other MPS6 owners and we can swap cars and see if yours is different to ours. Toddy has never mentioned his clutch was hard either, rather I think he just adjusted the friction point...(or amount of play before engagement?

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

The bushfires were well clear of me but thanks for your concern.

I don't know any mechanics around your area. The only guy i can recommend is Zack from Cypher industries in O'connor (9331 8488) he does some work for a few of the WA guys but it might be a bit out of your way

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    The bushfires were well clear of me but thanks for your concern.

I don't know any mechanics around your area. The only guy i can recommend is Zack from Cypher industries in O'connor (9331 8488) he does some work for a few of the WA guys but it might be a bit out of your way
    You got a good view from ontop of your roof

Same guy I was going to recommend but as Toddy said depends if location suits you.

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Blog Entries

I am sure my wife would be happy to swap her auto Focus Zetec Hatch for the MX5 to help out!

Hey Toddy and Rogwick, good to see the both of you safe and not terribly affected by the bushfires....must've been bloody scary though, given how close the both of you are to the fire itself! Thanks for letting me know about Zack from Cypher Industries, though yes, O'Connor is a fair bit out of the way...may just leave it for now, had a chat with a mate of mine, maybe it's just a matter of letting my wife drive it more often, and she'll eventually get used to it...

And Watto, thanks for the offer mate, but I think I'll pass...

You do tend to get used to the clutch after a while however my fiancee did find it a bit easier after i did the clutch adjustment.

If you like, loan me you car for 24hours and I guarantee your clutch will feel different My methods however will remain a secret! Come join us on the next cruise mate (you said you couldn't make this one) we can talk cars in person. Not sure anyone has asked but....are you hoping for a boy or a girl? And....excited much?

Thanks for the offer, Rogwick, have to make a concerted effort to make it to the next cruise...anyone know when it is?
    And we've cheated, we decided to find out the sex, going to have a girl.... yeah, pretty excited, but still have loads to do - putting together a cot, cleaning outt he study, and painting baby room etc...having a baby ain't cheap either, which may affect m plans of mods on either of our cars...

Whenever we can be bothered making another! We had a photoshoot some time ago. Got some interest there so perhaps can do another sometime, I think the folks who missed out might want to attend. Have to see if my mate would be willing to join us with his camera. Just keep your eyes and ears open as we'll post any such event on the forum.

Congrats on the girl! Daddy's little girl I take it. Enjoy you sleep while you can! Yeah I can imagine you keeping busy preparing for the new arrival

M P S

Hey, clicked on the link, nice shots man, turned out really well! I'm a budding photographer myself, though I'd still count myself a relative novice, haven't really shot cars at all...but if there's a photoshoot at the next cruise, I'll definitely bring my DSLR down...

Yeah, she'll be daddy's little girl...and yes, making sure I'm sleeping lots, everyone's sorta giving me that same advice...

We always take shots on cruises although we've never made much of a special effort to get some nice shots happening. Usually the day is more about the spirit of driving. The photoshoot thread was for a calender submission. It's always nice to have some good shots on record to keep or some to post on an attractive for sale add should the time come. Sweet, you might be able to get some nicer shots then the ones we got! Mine were average at best, my mates were better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12