User Tag List

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: SURE Motorsports products

well....well...well

I had the SURE rear engine mount fitted today (street version) ....and oh what a difference it makes !

Initial Impressions - you immediately notice the vibrations on engine start coming through the steering wheel and pedals, and personally it's a very nice feeling, not bad at all - Turned the aircon on like everyone else has noticed, the vibes increase but I'm not too fused about this.

I then took it for a spin, normal driving, 40-60 kms, just to gauge the feel and go through the gears.

I can't get over the feeling ...you're so much more connected to the car, through gear changes (which are much smoother, 2nd to 3rd especially), through pedal feel as the revs increase. It's a different car ...like it had a split personality !

Now my short shift plate doesn't feel so clunky. It's just right.

It adds a bit of a tougher/rougher edge I think. I know the vibes are going to die down ...but I hope it doesn't return to the stock feel.

This is a definite must do mod for all MPS newbies, like me. Highly recommended. Thanks everyone on the forums for making this a simple decision

Here are some pics of the install - (the back wheel off the air was my friend lowering the front ) from the car jack.

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  88.0 KB
    Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  84.1 KB
    Last edited by naasif; 09-07-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

You guys seen this - SURE ShortCut (SSP) - at streetunit around $US60

Name:  sure_shortcut.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  67.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post

ive been hearing good things about that "Shortcut"

Just brought rear engine mount to replace my TRZ Dogbone and shifter weight and shifter bushes. not sure on the eta yet but hopefully not long

Wow that SSP looks nice, even nicer than the JBR one.

$60 is a bit rich..and then you have to still add postage (but it does look nice :-) ).

I think better value for money is the 2XS SSP and does the same thing.

7. Default

so naasif, the lighter counterweight makes it feel better? i would assume it just makes the throw easier and hence less racier?
    if it makes it feel more racier and strong ill get one - just getting confused as id imagine a heavy weight would be better

that SSP looks real neat, wow this SURE company are really kicking goals
    Oh also, i got an email about 1 month after receiving the SURE mount from the SURE CEO asking how it was going... not bad customer service hey???

Nirvandan

can u sent me that youtube link again, didnt come up for me

Quote Originally Posted by toine888 View Post
    so naasif, the lighter counterweight makes it feel better? i would assume it just makes the throw easier and hence less racier?
    if it makes it feel more racier and strong ill get one - just getting confused as id imagine a heavy weight would be better

Oh also, i got an email about 1 month after receiving the SURE mount from the SURE CEO asking how it was going... not bad customer service hey???
    the counterweight wont give you that feel where it throws into place for you anymore. you have to push it in yourself. this is what i was told my sure motorsports themselves

$60 is a bit rich..and then you have to still add postage (but it does look nice :-) ).

I think better value for money is the 2XS SSP and does the same thing.
    If they are in stock!

Quote Originally Posted by kh92 View Post
    the counterweight wont give you that feel where it throws into place for you anymore. you have to push it in yourself. this is what i was told my sure motorsports themselves

Why would one want to have to push each gear shift into place rather than have it slot into gear under the weight of the stock shift weight.

As I have previously mentioned, on my old BK SP23 I fitted a TWM weighted shift knob.
    It simply helped each gear change slot into place and worked well.

So why would we want to lighten this up to make shifting more of a deliberate action?

Can anyone please clear this up?

Muz

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

When's this being released??
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

It read to order on StreetUnit.com, but the sure website hasn't yet released it yet. I got the pics from the Street Unit website.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by toine888 View Post

I didn't like the heavy feel (stock weight) with the 2XS SSP. It was too heavy and and clunky. Trying to change into first gear while on a hill and not using the handbrake was a real problem. Quite embarrassing stalling a sports car in traffic at the lights.

I suppose this is what the "racier" feel is suppose to feel like...it just wasn't my cup of tea.

The 2XS SSP now with the SURE weight is just right. It's a short throw and not too heavy feel when going into gears. I replaced the stock weight with the SURE weight and thought ..geez that feels better.

Then on the weekend I replaced the Rear Engine Mount with the SURE mount and the gear shift feel improved even more. So now I'm thinking it's a combination of both the lighter shifter weight and the engine mount giving a smoother feel.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

I had the Sure rear engine mount fitted today and I don't notice any vibrations at all no idea what others are talking about.

All good as far as I'm concerned and can recommend to other MPS 6 owners.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I had the Sure rear engine mount fitted today and I don't notice any vibrations at all no idea what others are talking about.

Really??? Did you notice anything different? i think out of all my mods its the biggest feeling diffence - did you torque to the right setting?
    maybe its different on the 6mps
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |
    ********Car is now for sale PM for details********

I just ordered my rear engine mount.. So excited! ** squeals like a little girl ** :-)

My was shipped this morning all to be done on 70,000km service

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    I just ordered my rear engine mount.. So excited! ** squeals like a little girl ** :-)
    I just ordered mine last night and hot email confirmation that it was sent for shipping this morning.. Excellent service!

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

I fitted one of these to my wifes 6 last weekend and no vibrations either

i got a 75 durro one so it's really firm .. im even noticing more grip in 2nd gear with the engine mount so i understand why i got the vibes and it is easing up..

Ok i got my stuff today , but for some reason i got a Short Shift Plate instead of a weight so now since i've got a 2xs already im stuck with 2 plates...

I'll try the sure and if i like it more i'll sell the 2XS one and it goes the other way.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast