User Tag List

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: SURE Motorsports products

1. Default

Hi guys . I am new here and owning stock standard 08 MPS 3. I am planning to buy SURE rear engine mount. Can anyone tell me the summary of pro and cons?

Quote Originally Posted by toine888 View Post
    wow SURE just keeps getting better and better - After receiving an email from SURE stating there engine mounts were on back order and i would be waiting over a month, i received another email 2 weeks later stating they had the black mounts in stock ready to ship and offered to change my order - Since they mount cant be seen i thought, stuff it what difference does the colour make so i changed my order - it was then shipped the next day which was last Friday from Miami and i received it yesterday in Victoria - not bad 4 business days!
    The packaging is so well put together, great marketing, with some free stickers and a free T-Shirt too! very impressed with this product already and haven't even fitted it yet!
    Here it is

I emailed Mark re the Blue mount and they still hadn't completed them so I changed my order a couple of days ago to the Black mount. It would have been nearly 3 months since placing my order !
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Woohooo...my R3 and shifter weight arrived today. Pics soon

My REM is in Australia... some where... almost

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Woohooo...my R3 and shifter weight arrived today. Pics soon
    ooooooo... please let us know how this performs.
    Am very interested in one of these?

Have you got ANY of the available Short Shifter plates which are on the market?
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    ooooooo... please let us know how this performs.
    Am very interested in one of these?

Have you got ANY of the available Short Shifter plates which are on the market?
    I got the 2xs ssp. I'm hoping the sure weight will improve the feel because with the stock weight it's not very smooth.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

I got the 2xs ssp. I'm hoping the sure weight will improve the feel because with the stock weight it's not very smooth.

Ive come across the following brands of Short Sifter Plates:

1) 2XS
    2) JBR
    3) J-Speed Inc.

Which one is the best?

Also, so the SURE shift weight is lighter than stock.
    So this results in lighter or smoother shifting??? I would have thought the factory weight, being heavier, would give a smoother shift.

Kind of like a weighted shift knob does.

Muz
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

Ive come across the following brands of Short Sifter Plates:

1) 2XS
    2) JBR
    3) J-Speed Inc.

Which one is the best?

Also, so the SURE shift weight is lighter than stock.
    So this results in lighter or smoother shifting??? I would have thought the factory weight, being heavier, would give a smoother shift.

Kind of like a weighted shift knob does.

Muz
    Geez you're asking me. I'm a newbie when it comes to cars and mods. Just see my signature . I'm sure other members can shed light on the various ssp's.

The 2xs was very simple to install, cheap and got lots of positive feedback from the forums members, hence my purchase

I actually didn't like the heaviness the stock weight with the ssp, so will see how the sure weight goes. It was only $35 so thought I may as well give it a try.

jbr short shift plate made my car very had to get into gear, to the point it made ya arm hurt... so now it sit's in my toolbox ...

thats my 2 cents worth.. jbr heavy shifter works a treat.

The SURE countershift weight is great but did take a little getting used to. Took me about 2 weeks before I got used to as initially I was tempted to go back to stock. I'm running 2XS's SSP as well with it.
    First is an absolute biatch when the car us cold but if you let it warm up for a while it's fine.

Here is a pic of the R3 and weight. Going to try the weight tonight and see how it goes.

Name:  DSC_0668small.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  69.9 KB

Here is a pic of the R3 and weight. Going to try the weight tonight and see how it goes.

Name:  DSC_0668small.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  69.9 KB
    Good luck. Very interested in the mount performance and weather it gets partner approval
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Good luck. Very interested in the mount performance and weather it gets partner approval
    Put the shifter weight in, just stock at first without the SSP plate. It's definitely a lighter feel to the shift versus the stock weight. I felt both weights in my hand and the stock weight it quite heavy compared to the SURE weight.

I then put the 2XS SSP back on. Now it doesn't feel as heavy as it did with the stock weight. Will see how that drives till the end of the week and decide whether to keep the SSP on or not, as I've gotten use to driving without the SSP

I'll see if I get a chance to put the mount in over a weekend as I have to get my mechanic friend to help me. Anyone got instructions regarding the torque settings etc ?

Ummm...partner approval...umm yeah about that...I can't remember putting in the "approval forms" for her to sign I think it may have slipped my mind.

Damn i'm glad I got my mount when I did, some of you guys have been waiting yonks!

Ummm...partner approval...umm yeah about that...I can't remember putting in the "approval forms" for her to sign I think it may have slipped my mind.
    OOO

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Ah can't wait for them to finish the re-designing of the TIP and SRI.. definitely going to get it

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    jbr short shift plate made my car very had to get into gear, to the point it made ya arm hurt... so now it sit's in my toolbox ...

thats my 2 cents worth.. jbr heavy shifter works a treat.
    I got the JBR SSP and at first it was impossible but after following the fine tuning vid it was fine, i believe there is improvement to be made, you just need the time to play with it.

Vid here: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=duIbdq-MQtw

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kh92 View Post
    Ah can't wait for them to finish the re-designing of the TIP and SRI.. definitely going to get it

I think is just the SRI, ordered mine back in February .......still waiting
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 06-07-2011 at 02:03 PM.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I dont think your above vid works Nirvandan.

They told me it was both the tip and sri

I dont think your above vid works Nirvandan.
    I think it should be this - YouTube - ‪MAZDASPEED 3 How to Fine Tune Your Shifter JBARONE Short Throw Shift Plate‬‏

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast