User Tag List

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SURE Motorsports products

Default SURE Motorsports products

There's a new brand in the US offering go faster bits for the MPS. These guys have raised the bar in several ways and it's worth sharing what I've found so that others may benefit.

They're called SURE Motorsports. They appear to be an offshoot of the familiar Street Unit outfit but with a new range and a new look.

Putting aside the slick website and impressive packaging, the quality of their products and competitive pricing is, I think, unlike anything we've seen before.

I was in the market for a rear diff brace to compliment the Turbinetech diff bracket that I have ready to install. But I found that for around the same price as just the diff brace from a competitor, including shipping, I got this:

This thing is a work of art. It's machined from solid steel yet there isn't a single machining mark to be seen. That means no stress risers to induce cracks. The bushes are polyurethane and the bolt sleeves are stainless steel. It's such a change from the usual slap-happy rough-welded stuff we're used to seeing and it's so well finished that it almost seems a shame to hide it under the car.

I wasn't really interested in buying a TIP, but it was so cheap I couldn't resist. The TIP was an easy 20 minute install. Everything went together perfectly, with no swearing. The only downer was that while the TIP was off I confirmed my turbo is buggered, but that's another story.

I'll let you know how the diff brace fits, but so far I'm impressed. If everything else they make is to the same quality it's hard to see why anyone would pay more for another brand.

There was a bit of hassle with the payment because they wouldn't accept CC payment from Australia, but I worked that out with them.

SURE Motorsports // Mazda Performance Equipment
    Last edited by rogwick; 03-02-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Gone to Volvo

I have seen some of their stuff on Street Unit's website, been a new brand you never know how good they are so its easier to go for other brands with proven products. It is great to hear this good feedback and judging by the pics those bits look first class, love the packaging too.

Nice work Mal, looks like you've found some top quality products.

Sorry to hear that your turbos on the way out. Did you notice shaft play or oil in the compressor housing? sounds like a good excuse to get a BNR stage 3 though that new TIP might not fit the new turbo

If you plan to get a stock turbo rebuilt locally i'd be happy to donate mine to help you avoid down time.
    Last edited by Toddy22587; 03-02-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Nice work Mal, looks like you've found some top quality products.

Sorry to hear that your turbos on the way out. Did you notice shaft play or oil in the compressor housing? sounds like a good excuse to get a BNR stage 3

If you plan to get a stock turbo rebuilt locally i'd be happy to donate mine to help you avoid down time.
    There was excessive radial play in the shaft and too much oily residue entering the TMIC. Not sure that I'm courageous enough to go with a BNR stage 3, but a stage 2 is almost definite. Thanks for the offer of a spare turbo. I'll let you know if I need it.

Gone to Volvo

I noticed this stuff before christmas. It looks fantastic IMO too.

I have contacted them in regards to importing it into Australia in bulk.

Win for OzMPSclub for sure.

Sure Motorsports is locaed right next door to StreetUnit. It is run (maybe even part owned) by SU former salesman (or the like). No offence to the parties involved, but, Sure have taken all the goods bit from various suppliers/manufacturers and put them together as their own setup. There is no new products from them, just better quality, alot better.

You shouldn't be concerned buying any of their products, they are built execptionally well, as KMH as said.

You can see the attention to detail just in the SRI housing.

Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Yeah I've been eye-ing off their Aeros SRI and Side winder TIP for ages now.

From the research I have made they're real top notch company and they are part owned by SU, they have done extensive R&D work to get the best quality and results.

Yes they're new and makes some ppl feel a bit iffy about buying, but why the heck should CPE, COBB, CorkSport have all the glory when this stuff is just as good quality, made well and cheaper???

I have read a few posts from the mazdaspeed forums, mazda3 forums etc etc of ppl who have these products in their cars and swear they're a good buy.

Troy, if you end up being a national distributor I will "SURE" (get it?) be one of the first to put in an order!
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

WOW Looks great & the packaging looks the goods too!!!

Yeah, I also have seen this stuff,
    It looks really, really nice, and very well priced.
    Would be great to have an Aus distributer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Yeah, I also have seen this stuff,
    It looks really, really nice, and very well priced.
    Would be great to have an Aus distributer.
    C'mon Troy!

Dooooeet!

Looks like good products.

11. Default

will the TIP work with the stock airbox, or do you need to have an CAI or SRI?

Mal, how much did postage on that set you back?

Quote Originally Posted by mazda6mps View Post
    It should work with the stock airbox, I have a PG inlet pipe from MZR Performance and it fits.

^^^ You're right plus isn't the stock hose form the air box to the TIP rubber???

You could make it fit onto the Sure TIP by giving it a slight stretch.

Awesome find Mal, I paid a lot more for my COBB tip, would have definitely gone with this as an option. Some real nice parts there, sweet website too!

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    ^^^ You're right plus isn't the stock hose form the air box to the TIP rubber???

You could make it fit onto the Sure TIP by giving it a slight stretch.
    Exactly! That was the frustrating part really, and getting it screwed on. Aluminium is a fair bit less malleable than silicone!

Quote Originally Posted by mazda6mps View Post
    Yes it will. I have kept the stock elbow between the Hyperflow SRI and the SURe TIP. So you could have a stock airbox, SRI or CAI on the other side of the elbow.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    Mal, how much did postage on that set you back?
    The default postage on the website was with FedEx, but once I got the order going other postage options came up and the USPS express postage option had the same delivery time as FedEx but was about $60 less. They dispatched the order on the same day and it took about 7 or 8 says to get from Florida to Perth. I think I paid about $150.

Gone to Volvo

RMM for the MPS3 look well made as compared to CP-e, wonder how well does it perform?

Wow look at the quality....I just want it for the packaging!!! Like it alot!

Just bought from them:

ANCHORS

and

RETURN on Ignition Red

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast