User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SURE Motorsports products

Update on the Dreadnaught diff brace:
    It fits perfectly and in combination with the Turbine Tech mount the diff is now very secure and hopefully broken axles are a thing of the past. If you're considering this mod I should warn that the polyurethane transmits a bit of noise from the diff into the car body.

And here's an interesting observation, I now notice the diff howl that some people report, however the noise is not speed dependent like a regular diff noise, it's load dependent and it matches the diff solenoid voltage patterns that I observed when I was monitoring them. Which leads me to suspect the diff whine is actually the result of a harmonic caused by the high-frequency activation of the clutch pack rather than the mechanical interaction of the pinion and ring gear. It really howls when I give it a bit and sounds like a dog box, I quite like it.

Gone to Volvo

Got some of my bits today

They look awesome, however I was expecting that the "RETURN" recirc hose would have a more bright red though, apart from that couldnt be happier, well made...cant fault them by their looks. Cant wait to install them

Ignition red recirc hose "RETURN"

Shifter Base bushings "ANCHORS"

I gotta say I me very happy with the their service, from purchase to delivery 10 days!
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I'm considering getting the Rear Engine mount as it's decently cheaper than the CPE counterpart.

Mal, did you assess or have you heard what SURE's rear engine mount, their TORQ/R6 is like? See Torq R6? // SURE Motorsports // Mazda Performance Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Mal, did you assess or have you heard what SURE's rear engine mount, their TORQ/R6 is like? See Torq R6? // SURE Motorsports // Mazda Performance Equipment
    I didn't look into it Doug, I already had my custom mount by then.

Gone to Volvo

Thanks Mal, I wonder if anyone else has tried it, seeing there has been quite a lot of discussion about relative hardness of different brands and the felt vibration.

Sidewinder

Compared with the CP-e unit its a bit smaller, it doesnt need the 2.5 reducer that the Cp-e unit used to fit the stock set-up...also feels a bit heavier and more solid.

The build quality is better than CP-e and cheaper.

Dont know if i will be able to resist install until the weekend
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Hey Guys
    Very interested in getting the rear diff mount from SURE too but i'm just wondering is it hard to install and how long does it take?

Diff mount install is a serious job. I paid someone else to do it. I think they charged 2.5 hrs which sounds reasonable.

Bumping this up.

Nirvandan, did you get the sidewinder installed? Care to give your thoughts on noise / performance?

Thanks

Sorry dude, it's going in tomorrow...,the gf has this custome party tonight so been playing taxi the whole day lol

You let you know during the week

Hmmm me likes the look of the rear engine mount and such a pretty SRI....

SURE...Where have you been all my life

Hi all thought I'd pitch in, I just picked up a gen2 mps3 on Friday, and I'm a very newb member. I ordered a Sure Street Rear engine mount as well as the Aeros SRI off the streetunit site last Thursday (both looked absolutely stunning). Because of the gen-y within, I paid for express courier (), so they should arrive early this week. As I'm booked in with Troy for a 2XS TIP, airbox to suit the Aeros, SSP and bushings this coming Friday my plan is to have all the parts to be installed at the same time.

What would you guys like to know in particular about the parts that would be helpful? Even though I would have only had the car for a week by then, I'm sure I'll be able to notice a difference in vibrations/performance. I'll definitely be posting pics of them and possibly a newb review?!

nirvandan, show us pics of the sidewinder installed!

looks pretty sweet in the box

Quote Originally Posted by thelegend64 View Post
    Hi all thought I'd pitch in, I just picked up a gen2 mps3 on Friday, and I'm a very newb member. I ordered a Sure Street Rear engine mount as well as the Aeros SRI off the streetunit site last Thursday (both looked absolutely stunning). Because of the gen-y within, I paid for express courier (), so they should arrive early this week. As I'm booked in with Troy for a 2XS TIP, airbox to suit the Aeros, SSP and bushings this coming Friday my plan is to have all the parts to be installed at the same time.

What would you guys like to know in particular about the parts that would be helpful? Even though I would have only had the car for a week by then, I'm sure I'll be able to notice a difference in vibrations/performance. I'll definitely be posting pics of them and possibly a newb review?!
    Doing so many mods at the 1 time will sure be difficult to know what does what in terms of vibes, power, traction etc.

I'll explain most of what I can on Friday.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Haha very true, I would have liked to have done all the mods progressively to actually notice each difference but then it would take a hell of a lot longer to get to the same point! I was more wondering what folks want to know about the Sure motorsport products, (more importantly the rear mount) as the 2XS products seem to be already proven around here I'm sure (pun not intended) you'll be more able to accurately compare it to other mounts/SRI's, Troy as I'd imagine you would have seen your fair share!?

Quote Originally Posted by raymondato View Post
    nirvandan, show us pics of the sidewinder installed!

looks pretty sweet in the box

It's now installed and once you put back on the ECU, battery and SRI there isn't much to see.

I can take some pics when I get my new SURE SRI and do the install, should have it by the end of the month as SURE will have the red option SRIs by then.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I was more wondering what folks want to know about the Sure motorsport products, (more importantly the rear mount)
    Did you order the street or track type?

Went for the street option as the track type did sound a bit harsh based off this: Review for SURE Motorsports' Rear Engine Mount | Mazdaspeed3 Extreme Performance I didn't want to take the risk as my will be a daily, I didnt want to go too extreme at this stage, based off that he claims that the street is 70duro and the track is 90duro which I'd imagine would be pretty vibetastic.

d the track is 90duro which I'd imagine would be pretty vibetastic.
    Yes, yes it is
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Is that from experience darkness? If so what brand do you have fitted, also is it your daily?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast