User Tag List

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: SURE Motorsports products

1. Default

Nice mate!! After sales service is always appreciated isnt it!!

I wish he'd email me and tell me where my CounterShift is! (Was missing when the rest of the order arrived, but is still listed on packing slip).

2 email, about 3 weeks - no response. Now to work out how I phone them...

EDIT: Much easier to call than email!
    Last edited by SomePhoenix; 09-09-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SomePhoenix View Post
    I wish he'd email me and tell me where my CounterShift is! (Was missing when the rest of the order arrived, but is still listed on packing slip).

2 email, about 3 weeks - no response. Now to work out how I phone them...
    Skype??

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Try emailing Cullen, he is the CEO...he was answering my emails in less than 24 hours, sometimes within hours.

cullen@suremotorsports.com

Well I just called (as it's now office hours over there)... spoke to a friendly guy called Mark. Sent an email direct to him, should sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SomePhoenix View Post
    Well I just called (as it's now office hours over there)... spoke to a friendly guy called Mark. Sent an email direct to him, should sort it out.
    Sometime calling should sort these problems out. Good luck and let us know how you go

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Parts shipped last night. Yay

Whats going on with USPS ? Seems like they have stopped shipping international ?

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Whats going on with USPS ? Seems like they have stopped shipping international ?
    Dunno about that, as I received goods from US only a week ago through them and have other stuff coming.

Send them an email and ask maybe?
    I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.........Groucho Marx

Installed the SURE Anchors and REM today. By the by, it's fitted at 65 ft. lb.

Result

Smooth and accurate shifts between gears. As cliche as it sounds, it really does feel like a new car. The SSP, bushes and REM really work together quite well providing a very smooth ride. Vibrations are minimal, even with the A/C on, though my mechanic noted some vibrations attributing to the CP-E DP which I'll post in my DP thread.

My clutch feels a bit easier to use too, not quite sure if that's a result of the REM but whatever it was, damn!

Engine movement is minimal which is damn good.

Verdict

Go for it. They're cheap, easy to install and the results are worth it.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

just ordered passenger and drivers side AWR engine mounts in 70 duro, with 88 duro inserts spare (couldnt decide what to run)

now very seriously considering SURE juggernaught and dreadnaught too, doing the whole lot in one wack...

AWR was extremely quick and full of information regarding their MPS6 mounts, cant recommend highly enough.

will post how things go!

Ice

Sounds like you're building a vibrator - hope your fillings are in tight.

Keen to hear how it goes, particularly with the OEM drivers side engine mount being so unreliable.

hahahaha the car is already worse than a vibrator. were talking keys rattle and jangle and the car can massage you to sleep. you can see the visible vibrations in the steering wheel.

i think borked engine mounts are worse than firm ones.

ill definately update here when they are installed.

Can't wait to put in the Torq R3 Track spec going from 60 to whatever duro 80/90 it is!

I'm thinking of switching my MZR SRI for a SURE Aeros - I've updated my Hypertech unit tonight and noticed an update for the SURE SRI.

Also the for the purely superficial reason that the SURE SRI looks nicer

Has anyone done this ?

16. Default

im actually thinking of swapping from my 2XS SRI to the Sure Aeros. TROY, only because my k&n pod cracked in the rubber and fell off, so im not running a crap bursens $25 special pod which sucks, or should i say doenst suck!
    so i figure i cold buy a replacement pod for $100 or could replace the whole SRI including the pipe to the TIP, and yes Sure stuff is awesome, and looks great.
    I would definately recommend there product (i have the SURE rear engine mount)
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |
    ********Car is now for sale PM for details********

Also, the hypertech flash tuner now fully supports the SURE SRI.

I started emailing cullen at SURE and the guys at Hypertech about 6 months ago nagging them about getting the Aero's calibrated to the hypertech, now they have done it I can get rid off the stock intake and get the only SRI I have wanted
    also with the OEM shift weight has any one tried to remove the stock one and get a grinder/hacksaw and chop the lump off the front and a bit off the back to get the desired weight and create clearance for FMIC at the same time?

Well it turns out the SURE Dreadnaught diff brace is not as strong as promised and the honeymoon with SURE is over. After spending nearly $2000 replacing a broken rear axle I discovered the probable reason for the axle failure was that the Dreadnaught is bent, which has caused the rear diff to become misaligned. SURE have a lifetime warranty, which you might think enables you to have confidence in the product. But only until you try and claim.

After wasting a couple of thousand dollars on a failure that should never have happened, in order to comply with the SURE warranty conditions I now need to spend another $500 on towing and labour to have the bent diff mount removed, then I have to freight it to the US at MY EXPENSE!!!! Then a few weeks later when and if a new mount shows up there's another $300 in labour to put the car back together. This all assumes I can find a workshop that is willing to have a Mazda sitting around in pieces for a few weeks. That's clearly an impossibility. Alternatively, I can have a new diff mount sooner if I give them my CC number, but I'm still required to send the old piece of crap back to them at my expense. What a pathetic joke that is.

Go to the SURE website and you'll see the design of the Dreadnaught has changed significantly. Draw your own conclusion about why it changed.

I don't think it's unreasonable to have expected SURE to freight a new diff mount to me ASAP and at no cost. Especially given the significant consequent expenses I have already incurred. Frankly their attitude signals that they don't value after sales service and don't understand that a business reputation is an asset with a tangible value that's worth investing in if that value is to be maintained.

I'm left with no option but to attempt to repair and redesign the Dreadnaught with the addition of stiffeners because the lifetime warranty is effectively worthless. At the end of the day, including initial purchase and freight costs, consequent costs and repair costs, the SURE Dreadnaught diff brace is likely to cost me more than $3500 because the product wasn't as strong as the advertising claimed it to be. I think that stinks. But what stinks even more is SURE's attitude of doing the bare minimum to meet their warranty obligations because they know it puts international customers in an impossible position in terms of making a successful warranty claim.

I have no doubt SURE will get on here with some sob story about how their rotten customers are always trying to take advantage of them and how they need to protect their business interests. It will only serve to demonstrate that they don't understand customer service or the value of a good reputation.

Gone to Volvo

SURE Sidewinder:

Has anyone mated the SURE Sidewinder to the OEM turbo and the OEM airbox?

Is the Sidewinder all you need while still running the factory corrugated short tube between the Sidewinder and airbox or does this get replaced aswel?

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast