User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hdi intercooler kit for mps 3

1. Default Hdi intercooler kit for mps 3

Hey, is there anyone who would be interested in the new HDI front mounted intercooler kit for the MPS 3?

I got mine installed and got 30kw from the dyno. Let me know if you are interested. You can also get boost gauge and booster controller from them too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How much we lookin mate

3. Default

Hey,

The normal price would be AUD$1150.00(Exclude shipping).

But there is a special pre order price of AUD$980.00(Exclude shipping).

145 rkw with fmic? I thought 130-140 kw produces a stock car. Correct me if I'm wrong

Every Dyno is different. The information you're after is the before and after comparison...

6. Default

do you know which model of intercooler it is?

That is cheap!!!

whered you get this installed?

and do they sell the part there too ?

9. Default

I got the install in Sydney and mine was a R&D project for them, but you can get them in a kit with all the parts and clamps and so on, and you get the HDI clamps which is really cool.

they sell the parts at their Sydney warehouse in 7 hills

the model of my intercooler is the GT2. If you ring 02 9620 7388 and ask for Roger, he should be able to sort you out with whatever you need.

I'm going to get a booster controller from them soon too.

btw, sorry for the late replay

How come they don't have this on their site???

i read the article on FF&R a while back when they installed one of their kits onto a MPS6 but never found the MPS3 kit.

11. Default

They only did the one for me about 4 weeks ago i think that's why they haven't list it on their site yet. but if you ring them up and mention about David's MPS 3 then they will know what you're talking aobut and should sort you out, maybe even with a better price.

and yes you are right, i read the same article and contacted them about it and that's what started the whole thing and it's been great so far. Got my turbo inlet and intake installed on the weekend too and it's just AWESOME!!!!

Have fun with yours!!

Im pretty keen on one of these kits, do you know if any modifications had to be made?? or waassit direct fit literally ( i know the ambient sensor has to be relocated obviously). Does it have a flange to fit the stock/aftermarket bypass valve? and is the piping 2.5" ?

Thanks EGDIVAD

i quite like the setup, in particular the hot pipe from the turbo to the cooler, it goes over the top and down to the right hand side of the car onto the end tank, less bends = less lag.

I've see other kits that are just a snake pit of piping, with some having a long asss pipe from over the gearbox, down and across the back of the radiator then into the cooler.

do you happen to have any more photos or would you be able to take photos of the cold side pipe and also around the turbo???

Cheers!

Alex
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

14. Default

It was a very neat install, the only things that got relocated was the power steering radiator (the black tubing sits in from of the radiators and goes around itself and with little fins on it, it got moved up a little to provide air path to the IC) and the temperature sensor stayed where it was, in front of everything. The pipe is 2.5” all the way and they come with the tubing for the bypass valve.

i got some more pics too here, but let me know if you need more. i can organise something if you guys are interested.

15. Default

here is the over head shot

Im guessing CAI is not an option with this FMIC? the cold pipe seems to take up the path a normal CAi would

17. Default

but with some clever pipe work you should still be able to do it, i was going to but thought the SRI is much easier to install

Great result, so inbetween dyno runs what was changed exactly? I didn't relize the stock intercooler caused such a restriction.

19. Default

Only the intercooler was changed inbetween dynos, the SRI was installed much later

20. Default

Hey mate!!
    I wanna get this item, any feedback for it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast