User Tag List

Thread: Dashhawk Download/Drivers wanted

Default Dashhawk Download/Drivers wanted

Just wondering if anyone happens to have the drivers need for the dashhawk, I have just got one today pretty much brand new but with no CD. I have managed to download the program to use when you plug your dashhawk into the computer but the part where you download the drivers for the unit itself are no longer available, so my new dashhawk is basically an expensive piece of nothing at the moment, any body able to help please?????

I bought a dashhawk off a member here a short while ago... The drivers were installed by the installer for the program.

However I did not use the CD, I sed a download from the net to install it. The version listed on here somewhere for download (2.5 Beta9) would not talk to my car, I had top go to the latest (2.5.1) to get it to talk to my car.

Also, I installed it onto a laptop with XP on it, apparently Vista and Win7 are a problem, though I have not yet tried to install on these.

I can send you the files I have if you like...

Cheers,

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post

Also, I installed it onto a laptop with XP on it, apparently Vista and Win7 are a problem, though I have not yet tried to install on these.
    Ditto to that Chris. I have not been able to get Dashhawk software to work on my Vista laptop but it works fine on my XP desktop PC.

Has anyone been able to get Dashhawk to run on Vista?

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

Seems the problem with Vista and Win7 is that the drivers are not signed.

XP allows you to ignore this, it gives you 2 big warning boxes, but you can click "Install anyway" or something similar. Vista and Win7 are far more picky. Also the drivers are only 32bit, so 64bit users are out of luck there too.

I was lucky enough to have access to a spare EEEPC with XP on it to use, so have not needed to worry about this too much. I did install the software OK on my 32bit Win7 desktop at work, but have not tried to attach the DashHawk to it yet to see if it will talk. Did not even bother trying on my 64bit Win7 laptop at home... It would be nice to be able to use it on something a little bigger than a 7inch laptop... :P

Chris.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,

I can't even use it on my car as it was originally used on a evo x and when I plug it into my OBDII port it gives me a msg that pidxx is missing

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    I can't even use it on my car as it was originally used on a evo x and when I plug it into my OBDII port it gives me a msg that pidxx is missing
    Bugger... When it starts up, what version of the software does it say it is running?

When I had the beta version firmware on it, it would not see my car at all, just said "This vehicle does not support CAN communication". With the latest release version picks up the car details straight away.

However you need to be able to connect it to a PC with the software running to change the firmware... :P

Maybe there is a member in your neck of the woods who can help upgrade it ot the correct version? I would help, but it is a bit of a drive for you to bring it to me...

Cheers,

Chris.

yeah a bit of a drive ha ha
    When I plug it into my car, it lights up but doesn't have the normal dashhawk symbol it just has PIDXXX missing (can't remember what the numbers were).
    When you press enter it just brings up another PID missing it has 3 different ones.
    I have been searching for ages.....starting to piss me off, what version of windows did you install your DH with?

My first install was on a machine with XP SP3.

I have just installed it on my Win7 Enterprise desktop, and it installed perfectly. The installed gave me 2 warnings about unsigned drivers, but gave me the option to install anyway.

Went like this...

Run installer (2.5.1)
    Follow the prompts...
    "Allow" installation of the 2 drivers
    Reboot after installing
    Plug in DashHawk... Win7 automagically found the drivers and installed, though it did take a few minutes.
    (The important bit) Right click on the DashHawk sofwtware icon and "Run as Administrator"
    Screen on the dashhawk should go green, indicating that it is connected to PC.

I have it working perfectly right now on Win7... no troubles, and no hacky hacky required...

Cheers,

Chris.

I have been ready to throw mine at the window, may have found something just now will let you know how I go.

Ok all good it is working and have soretd it out, cheers for the help Victa