User Tag List

Thread: Average Dyno cost?

Default Average Dyno cost?

Does any one knows approx cost of simple dyno run? no tunning..simple 3 runs.

Anyone got any feedback, especially in Sydney area?

Try to hook up with an organised Dyno Day through a forum, $50-$70, otherwise double-ish for by yourself

tunehouse is $150 no idea what other costs are

^ 150??? ...what da?

Its not the the customer fault they have to pull the wheels off

The Horsepower Factory in Melbourne charge $150ph too. Roller dyno.
    If you ask a shop nicely, they might do a half hour base line run cheaper for you

I've gotten about $120/h from places around here.

AWD dynos here are $99-$110 for 3 power runs

$150 sounds about right for AWD vehicle. Would probably be cheaper in the west?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    ^ 150??? ...what da?

Its not the the customer fault they have to pull the wheels off
    Hahaha! That's funny!
    Addicted to Boost.

I would recommend tunehouse over any dyno shop I've used in the past, their dyno room & equipment is state of the art, worth that little bit extra in my opinion, to give you an idea of the attention to detail of these guys, when they put your wheels back on they tighten the bolts by hand with a torque wrench, no rattle guns here.

10. Default

What the reason for the dyno ( just a base line to start from ) or you just have some $$$ to waste.
    Dyno's are a tool, Lately missed use for the end customer to look at a print out & forced into more $$$$.

MattMPS3 all good shops will use a torque hand bar or a torque bar on a rattle gun, both as good as each other if its in spec.

what's a good torque setting for wheel nuts? I have a torque bar but didnt think to use it when I rotated my tyres a few weeks ago.

12. Default

120Nm as per the Jap Spec manual.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    What the reason for the dyno ( just a base line to start from ) or you just have some $$$ to waste.
    Dyno's are a tool, Lately missed use for the end customer to look at a print out & forced into more $$$$.

MattMPS3 all good shops will use a torque hand bar or a torque bar on a rattle gun, both as good as each other if its in spec.
    True, but very rarely are they used correctly, and you usually end up with busted lugs after jumping on the wheel brace to try and undo the wheel nuts, all because some monkey has been watching too much Bathurst and sets the shop guns to gorilla torque.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    True, but very rarely are they used correctly, and you usually end up with busted lugs after jumping on the wheel brace to try and undo the wheel nuts, all because some monkey has been watching too much Bathurst and sets the shop guns to gorilla torque.
    Like I said all good shops

I torque all my customers wheels up, alloys or steel. Honda specify 108nm. Obviously different with different manufacturers.

Thanks for the feedback.

I justed wanted to get an idea of my stock output before I proceed with possible modding. $100-$150 sounds reasonable

17. Default

MPS 6 will be around 144Kw up to 153Kw @ the wheels, hub dyno will give you a % more.

18. Default

Brembo,

I have sent you a PM just FYI.

Jess
    Tunehouse