User Tag List

Thread: Oil Catch Can GB

Default Oil Catch Can GB

Hi All,

I have been looking at what mods to do next and it seems an Oil Catch Can (OCC) is a valuable mod in terms of longevity of our highly strung motors and a small performance increase.

There are many threads in the US forums regarding these things - i have negotiated a discount from US$85 to US$70 for our members (and the other forums too) which equals $110 give or take for a better unit than the shinney, magpie attracting empty cans you can buy on Ebay...

Postage is still TBA - my goal would be to get however many required sent to each capital city and then distributed - I will put my hand up for Brisbane.

Check out the links from the manufacturer:

Stage 2 OCC Development
    and
    OCC explanation

Let me know who's in - I'll run this GB for a few weeks to see how interest goes.

Jim
    Faster than swallowtails Passat...and it has a letterbox

no comments anyone?

I would really like to do this but it looks like a massive pain in the arse to install..

I will not be attempting the install myself - you're right it looks a nightmare!

My plan is to get hold of these cans and get someone who knows what they're doing to put them in.

So, for now, we're talking cans only!

Im going to give mine a shot this weekend, I have bought a factory PCV valve from Mazda, these retail at around $16, a very short length of 12mm ID clear PVC hose & 6 x 12-22mm stainless steel hose clamps from Bunnings (under $10).
    I am yet to buy some 5/8 ID hose for the job, I do have some uber tough wire reinforced hose at home, but I think this may be too rigid, so a trip to Repco for some heater hose will be on the cards before I start, just in case.
    I'll try and track the time I spend and give you a post install post on Monday.

looking forward to seeing it.

I am going to purchase 3 OCC's to get the ball rolling.

OK - final price shipped to Brisbane inc GST is $145 per can....

Hmmmmmm Matt, let us know how the install went

OK, got under the car on the weekend, but unfortunately I have come down with some sh!tty chest virus, so I wasn't prepared to spend half a day on my back crawling around on the concrete.
    So it was more of an initial observation, there is very little space to manoeuvre around up there, and the PCV (block) side is very restricted, feeling around up there I could get the clamp with my fingertips, but actually getting some pliers up there could be a battle. I was having issues with my FMIC piping so if I remove the pipe I may have more success, I am thinking it may be easier to remove the hose from the manifold side, then use a 5/8 connector onto the new hose going to the catch can, this would avoid removing the hose from the PCV, which appears to be half the battle.
    I do think this is going to be one of those skinned knuckle, colourful language type jobs, and not the sort of thing to try and bash through in a few hours either.

The project has gone back on the backburner for a while until I grab a connector and can find a day to devote to this install, it might not be as bad as I am making out, but I would hate to rush it and break something in the process.

I Hope you get better soon...

found think on the yank forums:

OCC with IM still on - Mazda6 / Atenza

I also have another document from Cobb on how to do it too...

Jim

11. Default

hey, just wondering if this was still going?

if so, i will take 2 to sydney

thanks

Naaa mate - died in the arse. Also turns out that the ones with gauze etc inside are illegal in Australia...

If you're keen, try streetunit.com