User Tag List

Thread: Mazda lover

Default Mazda lover

Hi all,

I've just joined this forum and have been a Mazda lover for a few years but of course nothing beats the MPS.

My very first car at the age of 18 was a 1969 Toyota Corona 4 speed which at the time was 20 years old. The speedometer was in miles and if you drove it over 40 it would get stuck in gear. I hated this car with a passion and always dreamt of one day owning a brand new awesome ride.

My next car wasn't much better, a 1982 canary yellow Gemini which was just as gutless as the Corona.

I upped the ante a notch with a 1990 Nissan Reebok 5 speed although still pretty gutless.

Then there was the family car, a 1995 VS commodore, 5 litre, 5 speed which was such a poorly tuned and made vehicle, it put me off Holdens and family cars for good.

Now to the Mazda's. I started with a brand new SP20, then upgraded to a new SP23. Yeah they're ok but I wasn't getting the feeling I needed.

I then purchased a 2008 black MPS3 which knocked my socks off and had been what I'd needed all my years of driving. I purchased this just before the newer model came out and like most thought the older model looked much sexier.

I am now the proud owner of a week old 2010 MPS3 Luxury and boy am I glad I've made this purchase. Read my post on the joy I had today with her, which I'm sure is the start of more fun to come. http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...y-new-mps.html

Btw I never modify my Mazda's in any way as to me they're perfect just the way they are.

Aren't you curious to find out how much better they can be?!!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. Glad to hear you're loving it!

Lol I'm a bit old school and would feel like a bogan.

4. Default

Welcome to the forum and glad to have another mazda lover onboard. Im with you I think Mazda make fantastic cars and the MPS is perfect the way it is

"...By the end I felt that euphoric feeling that you can only get after orgasm."

Hi Artemis.

Welcome.

Going by the evocative description you gave of your run up the hill, I may have to take an MPS3 for a test drive.
    If it's that good, I wouldn't change a thing either.

Great to have another happy member.
    Last edited by guitar69; 29-01-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added misquote

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Lol I'm a bit old school and would feel like a bogan.
    She called me a bogan! Haha. The mod bug is personal preference really. Some folks have kept theirs stock, some have modified. Depends what mods you do, what budget and what you want to achieve (if anything at all) The MPS is pretty good, but mine was far from perfect (IMO) lowering the suspension gave me a means to put more usable power to the ground and not roll around like a boat. Corners are more flat and more fun. The power modifications and just fun. The MPS is limited from factory, unleashing the beast was the only option of me. No point having a limited sports car, I wanted the best potential out of my car that matched my budget.

In saying all that, modified or not they're great cars. Lol its near impossible to be a bogan in a MPS no matter what you do to it. Most of the bogan's are in their fully sick V8's

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome,

Stock as a rock for the win!!! There a still a coupe around here

What colour did you go for?

if you want to cruise with others we have a joint cruise in feb with other turbo forums and an MPS cruise mostly likely in March.
    Last edited by BlueMPS; 29-01-2011 at 08:01 PM.

mod bugs are horrible things... the biggest problem with this place is you hear someone with an exhaust... which makes you want your car to sounds like that... then it's all down hill from there
    interesting that you upgraded from gen 1 to gen 2
    enjoy the forums
    btw, colour?
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 29-01-2011 at 08:27 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

No I didn't call you a bogan, I said i would feel like one lol. Idk I suppose I just get the impression of the guys with the seat all the way back and the "fully sick V8" when I think of a modified car.

I also kinda feel, why would you buy a car that you need to modify, why not just spend the money getting the perfect car in the first place but each to their own.

The speed of a vehicle is 70% car and 30% driver and I'm well hell of a driver!

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I went for Red this time. The older one was black but they show the dirt too easy and are bloody hot inside. Red ones go faster too lol.

Yeah I'd be interested in cruising for sure.

...and not roll around like a boat.
    This is probably the only thing i would want to improve on my 6. Hate cornering and feeling like i'm wrestling a barge around corners !

That said, I'm with Artemis where I would feel like a bogan :O

Grats on your car, I think the new 3's look rather hawt!

Welcome!! another Gen II owner for VIC

No I didn't call you a bogan, I said i would feel like one lol. Idk I suppose I just get the impression of the guys with the seat all the way back and the "fully sick V8" when I think of a modified car.

I also kinda feel, why would you buy a car that you need to modify, why not just spend the money getting the perfect car in the first place but each to their own.

The speed of a vehicle is 70% car and 30% driver and I'm well hell of a driver!

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I went for Red this time. The older one was black but they show the dirt too easy and are bloody hot inside. Red ones go faster too lol.

Yeah I'd be interested in cruising for sure.
    looks like stock goes like stink, that's what ive gone for with mine, but each to their own
    and the velocity red owners will be along shortly to tell you that you have fantastic taste in cars
    and yeah, keeping black ones clean is pretty much a part time job
    ZAS owns a black gen 1, he had to spend so much time cleaning it, he started his own car cleaning products business
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

HI! good to see the Vic Crew is growing every week , Dan has his work cut out to control us all :P.

Red does go faster :P, if you're worried about your car standing out too much once you modify it just get a ECUflash from HP-F... No pressure i'm just putting it out there but being new and still under warranty i'd wait till that goes by first.

A MPS should scare most stock 6.0, 5.7 Litres and basically all 5.4s

Its the F6's, 6.2s and new 5.0 S/Cs that you shouldn't take on .
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Its the F6's, 6.2s and new 5.0 S/Cs that you shouldn't take on .
    Thanks for the tip. How awesome is it when you drag someone who has no idea what the MPS can do!

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    No pressure i'm just putting it out there but being new and still under warranty i'd wait till that goes by first.
    I've never had a Mazda long enough to go out of warranty as I get greedy and always want the newer version.

I've never had a Mazda long enough to go out of warranty as I get greedy and always want the newer version.
    thats awesome, but this MPS may be your first 3 year+ car unless i new one is around the corner...

On the topic of the F6's, 6.2s and new 5.0 S/Cs, they would be suprised that they would need 3/4 throttle to get ahead of you lol... I've been asked from a Dude in a F6 if i've feed my MPS roids haha
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

The speed of a vehicle is 70% car and 30% driver and I'm well hell of a driver![COLOR="Silver"]
    Lol I was just kidding! I think to qualify as a bogan you require a mullet, preferably an aussie car, V8, a VB beer, short shorts, and insert f*** as every third word you speak!

You make a good point but I couldn't afford a car that was great out the box, and even then, I always like customising my ride to make it my own. I get bored with a standard car, not to mention there's many just like it on the road.

But your right, each to their own! I always thought white goes faster cause all the faint has fallen off due to warp speed....I'm not sure though

+1 for meeting members on a cruise and having fun, you'll love it

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Hahah James, like I'd even attempt to control you lot

Welcome Artemis.

Re modding it is a very personal thing. Like you I had it fairly firmly in my mind that I wasn't going to mod my car. But one of the things about these forums is the sheer amount of info on all aspects of these cars.

I agree that the MPS is a brilliant platform. Fast, solid, and reliable. But do enough reading and you do start to see areas that can be improved with intelligent modding (as opposed to the Bogan approach ).

Anyway, modded or stock, these are great cars and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun.

Cheers.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Yeah Dan is 100% correct only started mods cause of the wealth of knowledge on this forum.
    Now I have the goal of increasing power by 20-25% and same goes for nm .

Welcome from another VIC member too!!! Give us a wave if you see KLEEMO on the road!!!