User Tag List

Thread: Cpe top mount

Default Cpe top mount

Saw CPE have a Top Mount, im sure it will be good being CPE. I think for CPE its a good price

cp-e

yeah its super cheap at the moment as they have a special on. thats if you can figure out a way to order it direct from CP-E.
    Also Corksport is coming out with one too around March.
    Looking at them all, the Hyperflow actually looks the nicest. especially for the Gen 2. it looks much bigger.

I emailed them during the week. And they seemed to confirm they'd ship to me here in NZ. Hopefully the price special lasts long enough for me to order one.

you'd wanna get on it quick, they are selling loads of them in the states and the offer only applies for the first batch whilst in stock.
    $350 is a damn good price. Get in before they go up to the $595 RRP, bargain!

Will have to see what I can do. Have to go to Raro for brothers wedding in a few weeks. thats kinda stretched the budget a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    yeah its super cheap at the moment as they have a special on. thats if you can figure out a way to order it direct from CP-E.
    Also Corksport is coming out with one too around March.
    Looking at them all, the Hyperflow actually looks the nicest. especially for the Gen 2. it looks much bigger.
    NO problems ,u can purchase direct from CPE .I have done so on many occasions.
    Yes Corksport TMIC is a direct fit and u can utilize the OEM bonnet cowling and OEM shroud. Also the corksport TMIC has slightly more bars. Shit hot prices at the moment .
    Cant beleive how many TMIC,s have been prepurchased by Mazdaspeed forum members,some even purchased one of each supplier and will evaluate the best ,then resale other!

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

The largest TMIC or FMIC is not neccesarily the correct answer as pressure loss has a major contributing factor as well as length of pipework to the overall effectiveness of these mods. TOO larger core and or incorrect pipe size or bends can cause a pressure drop and intern create a larger lag time and ineffecient cooling . The optimum intercooler has a balancing act to perform ,minimize lag,hold static pressure,and allow maximum cooling charge effeciency.
    Also the design of the core has a huge effect to cooling, I wonder for the price being offered by both CPE and Corksport whether these cores are a Cheap Chinese manufacture.
    Just my two bobs worth.
    IE ($350.00 us . less supplier Manufacture,less supplier profit,less freight ,less manufacturers profit ,less freight,less any import duties /state taxes etc,less raw material cost ),shit this formula is scary (WHat the hell did they really cost) Ha Ha ha .
    Last edited by Oldhead; 29-01-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    WHat the hell did they really cost Ha Ha ha .
    I'm thinking about $65-85 USD

Makes u wonder Troy.

I like the idea of corksport's cooler using the factory shroud. keeps it stealth looking. hopefully they arent cheap cores, regardless where they are made. you can have shit made in china, but I'm sure they will make them to the parameters the company sets.

one note on corksport's comment on core types "Bar and plate intercooler core. This flows better than the stock tube and fin core, which means more power from your engine with less boost." I think this is a bit misleading. Tube and fin has far superior flow than bar and plate. I think its the design of the end tanks and possibly the tube and fin design that is causing the restriction

Very nice! its also available for the 6! Will have to ring someone tomorrow!

Backed by CPE... will be good.. i wouldnt be running Cpe stuff it wasnt quality

I wonder how much postage would cost because they are a bargain at $350USD...

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    I wonder how much postage would cost because they are a bargain at $350USD...
    For shipping, you have to check out www.shipito.com They're a forwarding company but they usualy quote 50% of standard rates.

A mate bringing in gear for his Chev got quoted over $500 for 40lbs. SHIPITO was less than half that. And bloody quick too.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Any idea on weight or dimensions? I am registered with another forwarding company but depending on the rate this could be better.

MPS Garage are on the job with CP-e atm, hopefully have a little more info soon on the TMIC plus it availability and price.

6 drivers should stay tuned on this item

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

cp-e

Yeah would be good to see how that goes, I checked the other day and there was no listing at that stage

cp-e list the tmic for the 6, just confirming all the specs so it out in the open and clear