User Tag List

Thread: TurboXS Parts for Series 1 MPS3

Default TurboXS Parts for Series 1 MPS3

Not so sure if many ppl have come across these, but was surfing the net and was glad to see that there is a much broader range of products than your typical CPE, Cork etc etc

2007 - 2009 Mazdaspeed3 - TurboXS

Turbo back exhaust sounds noice!

F@rk........thats a cheap DP.

ive emailed them about their exhaust system and he said that they dont stock the catback because it is too loud for australian laws. ill pull up the email i received.
    i do like their giant fmic tho haha.

Would it be an option to show an exhaust shop there cat back system and try get them to replicate it?

^^^ Anything can be done James, maybe place and extra resonator to bring the tone down a bit.

I've noticed that the US spec MPS3s have two cats, two resonators and that tiny rear muffler, where as the Aus have two cats, a resonator, some big muffler and the tiny one out the back. I'm guessing our cars a quieter than theirs due to legal limits being different hence the ADRs Mazda US would have the freedom to make them that bit louder.

I wonder if anyone on here has had a custom system fabricated???

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

other thing I noticed that DP has no cat converter, would probably have to keep the secondary one further down the system to keep things legal or have a system fabricated with a cat converter in line after this DP.
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Yeah i think there dump pipe is only 1/2 a dump and the rest is the test or race pipe.

Im the US its cool to have a car catless unless you live in California lol

7. Default

I have had one of there cat back systems for nearly 2 .5 years and yes it is loud, but it does sound different to all the other systems.

Quote Originally Posted by steviekfc View Post
    ive emailed them about their exhaust system and he said that they dont stock the catback because it is too loud for australian laws. ill pull up the email i received.
    i do like their giant fmic tho haha.
    I can confirm that. I had the full system and it was Stupidly loud. 132db i think from memory when we metered it. Replaced the cat-back but kept the dump pipe.

^^^ Fark yeah that would be loud!

price wise their DP seems good wonder if it would throw out any CELs just running the factory second cat???

Hi Steve,

We don’t sell the mazda 3 cat back exhaust in Australia. It is far too loud for street use, it comes in over 96dB. We only sell the down pipe and high flow cat pipe

Regards
    James Watson
    TurboXS Performance & Sports Exhausts

Just checked out the DP, price is alright and comes with catalyst, but love it how they say "shipping is free when you buy direct" lol

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Oh sorry my bad that's for the stealth exhaust, DP is much cheaper!

I have a best mufflers 3" DP (single hi-flow cat), into a 3" stainless mandrel bent cat back with a magnaflow straight through muffler (in place of the large factory baffle muffler), which then tapers down to the factory 2.5" rear res + tailpipe.

Apparently sounds "f*cking awesome", so I am told anyway, havent heard it myself.

On the subject of TXS gear, its cheap for a reason, there have been numerous quality issues with their products over the years.

I would like to hear this noise :P, record with phone and upload to youtube .

Basic then after DP, 3" with 1 straight through then joins onto original 2.5". Does this mean you now run 2 mufflers?

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I have a best mufflers 3" DP (single hi-flow cat), into a 3" stainless mandrel bent cat back with a magnaflow straight through muffler (in place of the large factory baffle muffler), which then tapers down to the factory 2.5" rear res + tailpipe.

Apparently sounds "f*cking awesome", so I am told anyway, havent heard it myself.

On the subject of TXS gear, its cheap for a reason, there have been numerous quality issues with their products over the years.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post

Matt, we have the exact same system. Cool. Except I have twin outlets out of the Magna flow. I too have been told it sounds good. I use tunnels to get self enjoyment
    :-p
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

The TurboXS system is/was LOUD. Being due to the fact that they ran 2 highflow resonators and no muffler.

Their CBE + race pipe on my car resulted in an 87db idle and had the car around 104db @ 3/4 revs.... Could be heard from a mile away. I eventually had the 2nd resonator cut out and replaced with a highflow offset muffler which cut out around 10-12db and didn't change the overall sound.

CBE didn't mate up all that well to the existing front half, though the full system fitted well.

But yeah, sounded awesome :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again