User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newb - Sussed out in Bunnings

Default Newb - Sussed out in Bunnings

So.. I was minding my own business one day - out and about in Bunnings, when upon returning to my car I find a business card asking me to join the ozmps club from Blackbetty !

I have to say, on a normal day I am the first to admit that cars are "only to get you from A to B"... though deep down, i'm really a rev-head in denial.
    Absolutely loving my 6MPS which I bought from WA a few months ago, so here I am, taking up the opportunity to find out more about my car and hear tales of awesome from other members!

So a big hello to you all, and thanks for the invite Blackbetty

Your in good hands down there, BB has done her job Welcome on board

Well done, Mel.
    Welcome, Crayon... Enjoy your stay here

You stole one of our MPS's from WA...give it back!

Haha, welcome Glad to hear you're loving your car!

Anyone know who Blackbetty is?

Hmmmm wonders what colour this MPS6 is ?????would it be red by any chance..

Welcome!

And well done Melski

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard mate! Us Canberra crew are a great bunch of people, looking forward to meeting you at the next coffee morning

8. Default

Glad to see you joined, your off to a good start already with a common love for your MPS6 and for Bunnings

Car wasnt red

What car have you come from before the MPS6 ? What other cars were you tossing up against and di it take you long to track your MPS down ?

Keep an eye on the cruise section we have regular catch-ups for dinner, coffee drives etc. Everyone here is great and helpful and friendly Im sure you will get to love this place nearly as much as your car
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

G'day Crayon.

Team WA have cruise happening on 20th Feb.
    Why not stick the 6 on cruise control and see if she finds her way back??

Seriously, though, may I ask which MPS6 you bought. I was in the market at in August/September, and was spoilt for choice. (mind you, an absolute pearler of a VR came up just after I'd bought, but I'm very happy with my RE).

Hey!

I had a Nissan pulsar Q before my mps.. Yeah! Speed wagon for sures!!
    I came to have the Mazda in a bit of a weird fashion... I had mentioned to my dad that I wanted to get a new car with more power since I drive down the coast a bit these days.. So dad started researching new cars for me, then told me to get the one I ended up with! Silver 6 - stock everything with 47,000 ks on the clock. Always wanted a Mazda 3, but they were a bit out of my price range when I got my pulsar.

Have been exposed to the auto industry a fair bit recently through my family - my BF had a silvia with an RB32 skyline engine, but now has a S2k. Dad also has a couple of v. Nice cars which he likes having an excuse to drive (ie picking me up and going for a hoon!) :O

Noticed a bunch of MPS on the way to work today - one 3 on monaro, a 3 in mitchell and a (CX7/9?) in tuggers! we are everywhere!!!!

how is that blackbetty seems to have the best success with carding people???
    to the forums crayon
    great bunch of people here, very knowledgeable, very friendly, and a little warped (but in a good way)

Welcome Crayon.. Good to have another mps on the forum from the ACT

Enjoy

I must say, it was a rather enticing card - maybe Mel's cards have special powers?

The ole gal needs a really good clean (this weekend!!! i'm determined) - going to get out the clay bar and polish.. Totally thinking i need to put some kind of racing stripes (or bad girl sticker...? haha) so she looks a bit different from other 6's the same.. almost got into someone elses a month or so ago after work because it was parked about 2 car spaces away from mine.. -exactly- the same. Theres another the same which I think lives just down the road from me which I see from time to time in the driveway.

@guitar69 - my last post had pretty vague car info - since i'm not a super car buff (yet!) whats something I can tell you about it which would tell you which one it is? haha
    Also - sadly I think a drive across the desert would kill me (and red-up my engine!)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes - looking forward to cruising through the forum and checking out everyone else's cars/tips/suggestions etc.
    Bound to see the other ACT-ers on the streets too!

Quote Originally Posted by Crayon View Post
    Totally thinking i need to put some kind of racing stripes (or bad girl sticker...? haha)
    No no no! What you want is a nice ozMPSclub decal Possibly some bonnet bulge decals if that's your thing. You'll have to post some pics once your car is clean, or post your stickers a thread we have going...Show us your decal - funny enough, started by BB! Are you thinking any mods to add to the car (beast)?

Looking forward to cruising through the forum and checking out everyone else's cars/tips/suggestions etc.
    You're welcome to check out my 6 if you like by clicking on the RR link below on my sig. Nothing too special other than time effort and passion really. Call it a personal project. Any questions, shoot away.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome crayon...

MEL STRIKES AGAIN

Enjoy your stay.. no doubt you will run into us horrible sydney siders on a cruise some time soon

A nice Silver 6. Totally stock. Low K's.
    I saw a couple of silver ones, but not stock.
    Yours sounds like a real beauty. Congratulations!!

BTW, please don't put "bad Girl, Bad Bitch, Skin Industries, Justify Y E" type decals on the car.

Please.

Please...

Oh, you were joking, weren't you?

Hello and welcome! So the cards do work!
    Enjoy your stay! i hope you have a great time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayon View Post
    Hey!

Noticed a bunch of MPS on the way to work today - one 3 on monaro, a 3 in mitchell and a (CX7/9?) in tuggers! we are everywhere!!!!
    Was the 3 on the Monaro black with pink plates, pulled over with hazard lights on?

That wasn't me out of petrol waiting for a friend who drove past to circle around with a can of fuel, honest!

Welcome to OZMPS!
    'oh, that's what that yellow car is for, I thought it was the "you're doing great" light!'

Welcome to the forum and to the joys of owning an MPS!!!

Good job Mel

Oh no!! That was you on the monaro!! I was tempted to pull over, but wasn't sure if you were just taking a call etc. Nice car tho :P

Will def take pics tomorrow after I've cleaned the hell out (and off) of my car. Prolly won't do stickers... But maybe I'll just make her so shiny that you can see her from space!
    Bad girl sticker was a rad joke.. Kinda. When I was on school I remember all the girls owning purple barinas with bad girl on the back.. totally hawt..

I tell you, now I've joined it's like I can't stop seeing MPS's everywhere!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast