User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MPS6 Triple Gauge Kit

Default MPS6 Triple Gauge Kit

Hi boys,
    I just bit the bullet and bought the MPS6 Triple gauge kit from speedline.
    02-08 Mazda6 Face Center TRIPLE GAUGE POD Mazda 6 Dash - eBay (item 150451294538 end time Jan-29-11 00:52:49 PST)
    Day 1: 26/1/11: Looks test.

As i get the money for the actual gauges and confidence to take the dash apart i will post more pics

Chris

Sweet, I was unaware this was available for the MPS6. Looks great though, keen to see it once done, perhaps in the flesh sometime when I next see ya!

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Sweet, I was unaware this was available for the MPS6. Looks great though, keen to see it once done, perhaps in the flesh sometime when I next see ya!
    yeah. sounds good. i have to pay off my new tv and camera first before i can buy the rest of the gauges =(

Bought the same kit from Ebay/ speedline!!!

I have removed my lid.............................but havent quite figured out how to mount it yet...............as with the lid on as you can see it doesnt sit flush & without lid there it sinks a little below the dash line and the gaps between are a few more MM's than I would like them to be!!!

Most likely going to Plastic weld this one!!!

Keen to see pics once your done Kleemo

Quote Originally Posted by KLEEMO View Post
    Bought the same kit from Ebay/ speedline!!!

I have removed my lid.............................but havent quite figured out how to mount it yet...............as with the lid on as you can see it doesnt sit flush & without lid there it sinks a little below the dash line and the gaps between are a few more MM's than I would like them to be!!!

Most likely going to Plastic weld this one!!!
    my photo was taken with it just resting on top while at chicken treat drive through. Heading to spoilershop and genie exhaust tomorrow to see if my mats there know how to make it look good and price the gauges

Yeah I know what you mean.........................I was doing the exact same when I first got mine!!!

Ended up pulling it off (the lid) & Im probably planing on plastic welding the lid to base of the gauge pod................then as for securing not sure...............Ill leave this up to the guys at Phatt Audio Concepts - Craftsmen Of Car Sound - Home

This is why i bought a genuine jdm mazda one and modded the metal plates the mazda gauges were on to fit aftermarket ones have a look at my profile to see fit nice as you would expect being geuine mazda

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    This is why i bought a genuine jdm mazda one and modded the metal plates the mazda gauges were on to fit aftermarket ones have a look at my profile to see fit nice as you would expect being geuine mazda
    Where did you buy yours from mate?

I bought it from new zealand www.trademe.co.nz auction site i often look there to see what people had posted for sale and when i saw it i had to have wasn't hard to mod to but you can buy them new still from japanparts.com they are normaly about 1700 aud not cheap new and that gets everything to install with the mazda gauges in it which are oil temp ,volt,oil press

Very interested to see how this turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsean View Post
    Very interested to see how this turns out.

Ill be sure to post pics when it's complete the last gauge should be here today was waiting on a afm gauge i decided to go for the drift irridum digital gauges i liked the look of them and being digital that should be pretty accurate. i wanted defi's but they are just to pricey for what i want to pay, as the one i got lighten 500 out of wallet but will look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    Ill be sure to post pics when it's complete the last gauge should be here today was waiting on a afm gauge i decided to go for the drift irridum digital gauges i liked the look of them and being digital that should be pretty accurate. i wanted defi's but they are just to pricey for what i want to pay, as the one i got lighten 500 out of wallet but will look great.
    ah quality, should look top shelf.

is your afm gauge wideband or...................if so got the extra bosch sensor for it??? interested to see how hard to install too???!!!

Hi im not to sure yet the gauge was ment to arrive down the coast yesterday but when i rang them they said their logistics company that transport stuff between 2 store decided not to do the run anymore, so they was going to send someone down to drop it off it better be here to today im keen to get the install underway. as for installing it should be straight forward iv done a plane of attack of the best way into engine bay. not drilling holes should just work.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Got me Thinking about how hard it would be. See before i purchased the triple gauge kit i also bout a genuine mazda sat nav screen. I thought when i bought it, it would come with the dvd rom drive and wiring etc and you can get a av input adaptor to plug in to use the screen from a external av source. But as it would be the seller only sent me the screen unit for the dash and a small amount of wiring. So i couldnt do much if anything with it didn't even get the open close and tilt buttons. So i was looking at it and wonderng how could would it be to remove the screen replace with a black platic panel and put couple of gauges in it so you could motorize it up and there would be your gauges hmmmm ill have to pull screen out and have a look and see if it would be worth a go beat stuff lying around getting dust lol.
    Last edited by Supereunos; 09-02-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Ok iv finished modding the cluster with the last of the 3 gauges next step install and wiring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02062.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	7508  

Is that bracket from the sat nav???

No when you remove the factory centre storage compartment u will see screw holes that aren't being used they are for this cluster, i also have a jdm sat nav screen and there is no metal brackets with that i can post pics off what it has, basicly the base not pictured is the same as the base for the centre storage compartment minus the lid and the base and back have been hacked out so the metal brackets from gauges can go through. they are hard to find second hand i got this one from new zealand.

Ahhhhh fair enough!!! haven't removed mine to know!!!

keep us posted!!!

checkd out ur gauge pod... stuff $1500. i payed $60 for the gauge kit, and i got west coast customs to get gauges and fitting for $700, when ever i want them done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast