User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MPS6 Triple Gauge Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Ice429 View Post
    checkd out ur gauge pod... stuff $1500. i payed $60 for the gauge kit, and i got west coast customs to get gauges and fitting for $700, when ever i want them done.

Yeah i know Mazda charge like a wounded bull for them and the factory gauges arent anything special. i only paid less than 100 aud for mine so was a bargin, keep us posted of how yours turns out. Im about to go do some more on mine ran out of time yesterday before work so i have a half gutted car lol

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KLEEMO View Post
    Ahhhhh fair enough!!! haven't removed mine to know!!!

keep us posted!!!

Will do im in process of putting it all in the car im going to change the power feed i put it on the lighter but i think it would look nicer if it's comes on when the factory meters do when in the on position on the ignition.

Ok it's installed and all wired up last step just need to connect to sensors i did connect it to the lighter connection but then thought it would look nicer if they come on with the factory meters so i moved and found a 12v feed from the fan controls. works well the factory and aftermarket gauges are almost if not in sync with lighting up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02066.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	7552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02065.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	7553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02064.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	7554  

Looks factory mate. Nice work

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fark I love it!!! gets me motivated to do mine now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Looks factory mate. Nice work

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks spent alot of time modding it to look that way the gauges arent of course factory but the cluster is

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Yeah they look nice when they are done i was going to put a single one in the top corner of the dash. someone in the usa custom makes them but then decided agaist it and started chasing one of these no regrets i wasn't drawn to the middle dash vent install

Nice work dude! Looks wicked!

How did you run the wires through to the engine bay from that position too???

Drill or find exsisting grommet hole???

Quote Originally Posted by KLEEMO View Post
    How did you run the wires through to the engine bay from that position too???

Drill or find exsisting grommet hole???

Up under the dash on the drivers side follow where the bonnet release cable goes and below that you will have to feel around there is a rubber grommet. The way i did it was removed the splash guard in the wheel arches and feed the connection along the inside of the front guard running with the factory wiring and then the small cut out near the back of head lamp, was able to pull through into engine bay. Im yet to connect the afm but i think the best way there is to tap into the wire at the ecu. There is a couple on the passenger side, to but i found it easier on drivers side less stuff in the way. i also cut down one side on the grommet so i could wrap the grommet round the wiring and be able to put it back in hole still.

Had a look at mine today and a lot more then im use to playing with, (air bags, ducting galore) my "girly" hands couldn't get far between the gaps……... think ill just end up shelling out for this install!!!

Yeah my install just cost me more money while trying to find small vacume lines i ended up getting a t piece that allowed me to use the bov line but had a small piece for the gauge. In looking around before hand i pulled the hose off the pipe coming of the turbo to the airbox the single small one and it snapped off. So a trip to mazda the morning to order new pipe it was over 200 but they did it for 174 still expensive mistake, but i think it's throwing the reading out on the computer, cause it seeems to be using more fuel and only boost to 10psi. i tryed to apply heaps of strong glue which is holding but i still think there is a leak there

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    Yeah my install just cost me more money while trying to find small vacume lines i ended up getting a t piece that allowed me to use the bov line but had a small piece for the gauge. In looking around before hand i pulled the hose off the pipe coming of the turbo to the airbox the single small one and it snapped off. So a trip to mazda the morning to order new pipe it was over 200 but they did it for 174 still expensive mistake, but i think it's throwing the reading out on the computer, cause it seeems to be using more fuel and only boost to 10psi. i tryed to apply heaps of strong glue which is holding but i still think there is a leak there
    Silicon Tube. $10 from bunnings. Thats what i used, if its the same 1. The low pressure line on the intake yeah?

Man that is a seriously nice looking cluster.

Hey the ebay version which is cheap and nasty does the colour match up with the rest of the dash? I'd rather shell out for the OEM one as it looks like a cracker.

Yeah the texture in the plastics is the same as the oem storage box lid etc, the geunie one ties in sweet wit the dash and the holes etc are all there to screw the metal bracket into the dash, the most time consuming part was modding the factory gauge bracket to fit the 52mm aftermarket ones.They cost a fortune from japanparts.com even with there 10% off sale they are 1500 odd aud at the moment hell expensive new. I got lucky and found mine in new zealand the seller had his atenza stolen, and was going to do the same as i did, upon asking whether the gauges could be removed and modded he recons they could, so i took the plunge and bought it no regrets looks amazing. Sometime aftermarket just isn't as good as genuine.

What did you use to hold it there? 8m or plastic cement? i almost have the $800 i need for the Autometre gauges to do mine. just need to find how to hold it there

What are you looking to hold the gauge cluster? mine being geunie had the metal bracket and the lid had holes for clips to hold it to the metal bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    What are you looking to hold the gauge cluster? mine being geunie had the metal bracket and the lid had holes for clips to hold it to the metal bracket.
    My one being a cheapy, is just one solid piece of plastic. no holes or brackets. it came with 3m tape

Oh so you are yet to install it? mine just use the base of the storage compartment, that has a big hole cut out on bottom and back for bracket to go through to holes and pins for bracket. have you considered having it plastic welded or something?

Can't plastic weld it. There is no access to be able to do it. I'm just going to have to use slot of double sided tape

Hi looking for a factory one like supereunos... does anyone know what I would type into google to find it.. Can't even seem to get a photo up or anything lol

Thanks

Sorry for bringing up an old thread!
    But are there gauge pods like this for 60mm gauges? Or 52mm only?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast