User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WOT Hesitation Fix

It's all Stock except a exhaust. i couldn't hurt to put new plugs in as for boost leak in theroy wouldn't that show on my gauge the drop in pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    It's all Stock except a exhaust. i couldn't hurt to put new plugs in as for boost leak in theroy wouldn't that show on my gauge the drop in pressure?
    I doubt the AP will solve your problem. I believe (though could be wrong) the WOT hesitation fix is for non stock cars.
    Is your exhaust turbo back or cat back?
    It could potentially also be your fuel pressure dropping.

Do you have access to a dashhawk or the like to test?

It might be helpful to put your mod list in your sig
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

[QUOTE=Jmac;235013]I doubt the AP will solve your problem. I believe (though could be wrong) the WOT hesitation fix is for non stock cars.

The 3" Exhaust is only the middle section cat back to where it Y's into 2 and then it goes to factory size into twin cannons. the DP is stock as with everything else engine wise. No dont have a dashhawk etc to test.

[QUOTE=Supereunos;235030]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    I doubt the AP will solve your problem. I believe (though could be wrong) the WOT hesitation fix is for non stock cars.

The 3" Exhaust is only the middle section cat back to where it Y's into 2 and then it goes to factory size into twin cannons. the DP is stock as with everything else engine wise. No dont have a dashhawk etc to test.
    Very much doubt the AP map will resolve the issue then...

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Sounds to me like spark plugs mate, I will start there if I were you. Then after that if it is still the same, check for boost leaks

And no mate, you will NOT notice a drop in pressure of your boost gauge if you have a leak. What will happen is the ECU will adjust boost accordingly if you have a small leak this will throw out the MAF readings as it sees a lot of airflow but you are blowing half of it away so it never sees the inside of the engine but your ECU thinks it does.

Hope that helps!
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Hmmm could this be the same hesitation i've also experienced?

I've been getting some hesitation, come and go.. on the AP stage 2 map. Can't exactly pin point what it is. All spark plugs were checked at 7mm (off top of my head) before putting it in as i'm currently running one step colder plugs. Since i've had the stage 2 map, i got 2 slight "hesitation" WOT on 5th gear. - So full boost from 3rd, 4th and then 5th (Still gotta data log for it) Have not figured out or experienced it since. I do sometimes still get hesitation like randomly entering through corners?? (no traction control light comes on, traction control was left on)

Could this be the same issue we're talking about here?? Cause dead set i'm thinking its the tune issue thats causing the timing hey. As the generic AP maps i reckon run very rough....
    I had all the mods on before running stock map and did not get this hesitation till i had the new map installed..

Those with an AP running stage 2 r also welcome to share if they have experienced this.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Default Re: WOT Hesitation Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Hmmm could this be the same hesitation i've also experienced?

I've been getting some hesitation, come and go.. on the AP stage 2 map. Can't exactly pin point what it is. All spark plugs were checked at 7mm (off top of my head) before putting it in as i'm currently running one step colder plugs. Since i've had the stage 2 map, i got 2 slight "hesitation" WOT on 5th gear. - So full boost from 3rd, 4th and then 5th (Still gotta data log for it) Have not figured out or experienced it since. I do sometimes still get hesitation like randomly entering through corners?? (no traction control light comes on, traction control was left on)

Could this be the same issue we're talking about here?? Cause dead set i'm thinking its the tune issue thats causing the timing hey. As the generic AP maps i reckon run very rough....
    I had all the mods on before running stock map and did not get this hesitation till i had the new map installed..

Those with an AP running stage 2 r also welcome to share if they have experienced this.
    switch back to a stock map and test, or try a stg 1 map....
    process of elimination, though check plugs and clamps, clean maf. data log..

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Yea, was thinking about that. switching to a stage 1 map perhaps.

Im thinking tomorrow morning gonna plug the AP in during mornings to see if i can see nething :S

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    switch back to a stock map and test, or try a stg 1 map....
    process of elimination, though check plugs and clamps, clean maf. data log..

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    - - - Updated - - -

BTW so i have to uninstall the AP to install the stock map again?
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

I also have noticed that as the car gets started in the mornings (cold start) my exhaust will pop once or twice and hesitates almost as though it is about to die out. at the same point every day - as the throttle/ rev range is reduced. Again, never experienced this before with the stock ECU (same modifications) Idles fine once engine has warmed up abit.

Ideas could be the same...?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123