User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DGR Suspension Coilovers - 2XS Racing

Default DGR Suspension Coilovers - 2XS Racing

Troy(2XS) and John (GRAJY) fitted up these coilovers for me on Sunday arvo and I thought I would throw up some first impressions and a quick review.

The install seemed to go pretty smoothly (probably because I didn't pick up a single tool) and we managed to get the ride height pretty much perfect on the first attempt.

Front

Rear

Rear

First short test drive was on full soft adjustment (0/0). The ride was comparable (but superior) to that of lowered springs.......firm, but still a little soft/bouncy over large undulations. Definately an improvement over the existing setup.

Next I tried firming the front up to 10 and leaving the rear on 0. There was a definate improvement in bounciness and the car felt a lot more planted. I next firmed the rear up to 10 also, a nice improvement again. I think this would be ideal daily driving setting - although I've still get a lot more playing around to do yet.

This morning I set the front to 20 and the rear to 22 to see what the outcome would be. The results are awesome, the car is very firm with almost no body roll yet it still managed to soak up bumps and undulations well (as good as the standard setup IMHO although probably to hard for daily use).

Will try and get some photos of the ride height tomorrow.

So far, I am very happy.
    ]

I can't believe there are no photos!! Come on!!! Pics or ban!

Sounds good mate!

good on ya for taking the plunge and letting the rest of us know how they are...

I'd love to hear back again once you have covered more kms and the suspensions has settled in more.

Blog Entries

Awesome!!!!!!! If only I had the money

Good to hear they're suiting you. Car look looooooooow when I saw it.
    Oh and Shaun(?), it's Jon...

cost?

Good to hear you are enjoying them. I'll have a set in my car very soon too. After the turbo, manifold, injectors, tune, blah blah blah, Oh wait, This car was meant to stay standard

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    cost?
    $999 delivered
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Is that still with the 20's on the car Shaun?

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    Is that still with the 20's on the car Shaun?
    No, 18's are on now. The 20's are loooooonnnnnng gone.

Do you need to remove the rear boot parcel shelf in order to adjust the dampers?

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin33 View Post
    Do you need to remove the rear boot parcel shelf in order to adjust the dampers?
    You need to remove the parcell tray mounting trims in order to adjust them. (same with any coilovers for Mazda 3, excluding Teins with EDFC)

PulseMPS has rigged up a flexible adjuster, so there is no need to remove any trims, as far as I know.
    Last edited by 2XS; 05-02-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

cool 2XS .. Thank you for the update

Any further updates after a few months with them?

My blue meanie will probably be copping a set of these soon (will check bank $$ in a few days), interested to hear what settings you're running day-to-day.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Also, what rating are the springs that came with them as standard for the 3 MPS application (or what is recommended for spirited street driving?)

^^^ Bump!

Im in the same boat as TD want to know how you find them and the setup you have them running.

This adapter for the read adjustment how did you make it?

He has 7Kg front springs and 6Kg rear springs with the "street" based oil.

Hey Troy, will this price of $999 inc. shipping be the same till lets say July? Still at uni atm but getting 6 months off after June and will have a job then so THEN I can actually buy some stuff for my car btw how much does it cost to get it installed? I don't trust my self enough to install it.. Cheers.

Any side on pics? Want to see what Looooow looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Any side on pics? Want to see what Looooow looks like.
    Well hopefully in under 3 weeks you can see mine but its a Gen 1, and has stock rims but ill make it Loooooooow
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Well hopefully in under 3 weeks you can see mine but its a Gen 1, and has stock rims but ill make it Loooooooow
    Cool, I'd be interested to see what trade off there is with a lower stance, ride and behavior over typical Australian roads.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast